Early January Mum's

Hellooooooooo! We had a surprise arrival on 3rd December....!
Our little girl came 5 weeks early!!! (EDD 5.1.13)
My waters broke at home and after 2 and 1/2 hours in labour she was here!
Such a perfect Christmas present :):xmas6:

Merry Christmas everyone xxxxx

Congratulations xx

Thanks for the info girls :) after Christmas is over I will get one :)

Congratulations on the early arrival Chrissie :)

How wonderful Chrissie! Congrats! Hope you are all doing well!

Congrats Chrissie! Lovely news :)

JCh, yippee 37 weeks! I'm so excited to hit this milestone!
I'm doing well thanks, baby has dropped quite a lot and as a result I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in my stomach and with my breathing. I do get a lot of pressure down low too and cramps as well. It does feel very strange at times. The BH are worse than ever and the movements are completely different now he / she has less space. Still, I'm feeling better than I imagined I would at full term!

I hope everyone else is well and these babies are behaving themselves? Sambatiki, any more house news? X

awww congratulations Chrissie! 2 and a half hour labour??? thats the way to do it eh!

AFM - I had reflexology yesterday which triggered hours of contractions coming every 10 minutes ... definitely contractions instead of BHs with "the ache" radiating from my lower back, right around the the front (period pain type) during the height of the contraction. My midwife head got the better of me and I decided to give myself a quick exam ... very very strange doing a VE on yourself! Everything is back to front so to speak lol. I'm about 2cm dilated, around 50% effaced, cervix very soft but still high and slightly posterior. I could be walking around like this for another month but at least i know things are gearing up, down there. Kinda wish I hadn't done it now as it's made everything so much more real and in the back of my mind, i'm now clock watching :(. Ignorance is bliss!

I'm currently sat in waiting for my MW to pop over for a coffee and chat .... THE chat about home birth .... the risk factors, hospital transfers, the PPH talk yada yada. I'm all prepared for it but i'm pretty sure my hubby will be having a confidence crisis by this evening. He's taken a while to be comfortable with the idea and i'm a little apprehensive that he'll do the "you're going to hospital" speech. I've already told him that i'd rather keep labour to myself and only let him know when its too late to leave the house if he pulls that one (i'm great at hiding out in the bath tub for hours!).

Congrats Chrissie!!!! That's awesome!

Cannot believe we're all around "full term" it's blowing my mind!!!

On a GREAT note, I'm OFF after today!!! I've got vacation days to take me almost to due date and then mat leave will start. I CANNOT imagine the changes right around the corner - it all feels SO surreal!

Yay!! That's us all sorted! MW just left, paperwork all signed, risk assessment completed fine, G&A connected and tested (been a long time since I've tried it!) and it's all systems go. Midwives go on call from 2nd Jan (39wks) and stay on call til 41+5. I've only seen the one midwife throughout my pregnancy so hoping Fidget arrives when she's on call.

It's all very exciting now!!

Yay! For so many of us being "full term" now! 37 weeks today!

Chattyb- glad everything is set for your home birth! I'm planning a HB myself!

This will be my last weekend that we are a family of 3! So exciting. :)
Everything is looking good, my OH's work gave him all the correct days off, so thrilled that he will be able to be with me for the c-section.
Now i just have to get through the christmas week.
6 more days to go

one of those days....had christmas at the in-laws last night, went very pleasently. I cooked the turkey they did all the sides, our toddler had a lot of fun in the wrapping paper all over the floor. came home....I slipped on the ice-covered ramp on our porch, I was being as careful as I could, I managed to stop myself falling straight onto my bump by about an inch, however pretty much pulled every ligament and muscle in both my arms doing so.

still carried on through the night washing baby clothes and boxing up my toddlers older toys to make room for his new ones. Woke up this morning, bump very very sore, SPD kept me awake most of the night, and my arms feel like i have been weight lifting.

friend called...his dad died last night. I didnt know his dad, but obviously upset for my friend.

tech issues at work.

so...sore and painful all over, exhausted, upset and generally feeling pretty stressed out.

Awww Pepsi! That's terrible, so glad ur alright! Must have been quite the scare.... Hopefully ur muscles heal and stop hurting quickly :(
Sounds like a nice time for Xmas - I think the pregnancy has made it not feel much like the holidays...... I still have to remind myself it'll be Xmas on Tuesday. Where did this year go?

oh i forgot I have a stinkin cold too, the last few days ive had a stuffy nose and have been using the vicks steam vaporisor in the room when i work and sleep, last night i started coughing, and today my head feels like it will eplode.

sucks big time :(

fingers crossed it either goes away or doesnt get any worse on christmas

:hugs: sounds awful Pepsi :(. I hope things get better for you from now on.

JCh - I know that feeling! I'm pretty un-Christmassy right now! The tree is up and house looks like bloody Santas grotto, I still have presents to wrap ect (and panicking that I don't have enough!) but I just can't get into the Christmas swing of things at all! It's like the baby has taken the attention away from Xmas and all I can think about is "when will he arrive??". What I REALLY need is a large glass of Baileys (Xmas in a glass!) but can't do that either :(. Bah humbug etc etc etc. lol

Bloody hormones are in full swing today just burst out crying because I couldn't change the tv channel, then for no reason and then because my toe and hip hurt. Dh is finding it hilarious and taking the piss which is making me even more tearful. Something fell out this morning when I went for a wee as well no idea what it was though! My back hurts bumpy keeps attacking my cervix with his big fat head making me jump I'm so over being pregnant now but don't want him to come out till after the new year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->