Early January Mum's

I had a panic this morning. Thought I was having a contraction, pain started in my back then came round the front under my bump. Turned out I just needed the loo again! Lol

Promised i'd come back and update with Pictures of our little girl,, so here she is
Holly-May Baron born 17/12/12 at 5;59pm weighing 3290g (7lb21/2 doctors converted it wrong lol) and measuring 52cm long.

One hour old after the peads finally gave her back to us after 35 minutes of panicking
https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/537535_10151296791968252_2144438281_n.jpg

One day old, just before visitors arrived.
https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546734_10151296794133252_1022656430_n.jpg

Settled into mummy, after another failed attempt to breast feed,
https://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227023_10151296795593252_2010598771_n.jpg

Proud Daddy with his Princess,
https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/65100_10151296930183252_819287502_n.jpg

One day old, having her fomula top us as still not latching on,
https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/68891_10151296987438252_243187153_n.jpg

Finally ready to go home after her 72hr obs being clear -
https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224892_10151302473478252_1047273254_n.jpg

Asleep in her own bed, after getting home and having her first successful breastfeed :D!
https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/12079_10151302495333252_9410924_n.jpg

About an hour ago after her bath
https://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314611_10151302503778252_639120675_n.jpg

On leaving hospital her weight had dropped to 3090g (6lb8) but they said it was fine. She is now fully breast feeding with occasional expressed bottles but NO FORMULA.. Woop!! :D

Oh she is just scrummy!! Glad she is doing so well! Good for you for persevering with the BFing, it's really not unusual for them to take a few days to get the hang of things - you're doing great!

Bloody hormones are in full swing today just burst out crying because I couldn't change the tv channel, then for no reason and then because my toe and hip hurt. Dh is finding it hilarious and taking the piss which is making me even more tearful. Something fell out this morning when I went for a wee as well no idea what it was though! My back hurts bumpy keeps attacking my cervix with his big fat head making me jump I'm so over being pregnant now but don't want him to come out till after the new year

I know i shouldn't but :rofl: .... I could've written this myself!! "something fell out this morning" hahaha Pregnancy is soooo glamourous eh?? I swear i've managed to also grow a set of knitting needles too, Fidget loves stabbing my cervix with them. It actually left me jumping up from the sofa yelling OOWWWW! last night - dog started growling (thinking someone was hurting me) and the cats scarpered. As for hormones ... I completely lost it this morning, all because i was trying to reserve something in argos for collection later and i kept getting the beach ball of death (apple mac). Hubby had to rescue the laptop before i threw it at the door!

I have a night out planned tonight - its a dinner dance thingy ... I've managed to squeeze into my Tiffany Rose dress i'd bought in the summer for a wedding (most impressed given i'm twice the size now!) so i'm planning on dancing the baby engaged :D

We blew up the birth pool this morning (as in inflated - no explosives involved) tested the tap connectors and made sure the hose was long enough to fill the pool. All very exciting and very very real! It's big enough for hubby to join me
if he wants to. I've FINALLY packed my labour and hospital bags just in case we need to transfer and i'm hoping to get my birth plan (both home and hospital versions) typed up this afternoon .... and reminders for hubby to help me in labour with suggestions such as relaxing my jaw, breathing techniques, prompts to help with hypnobirthing, homeopathy remedies ect. I'm starting to feel slightly more prepared now :)

Mummy b- just lovely! Glad that she's finally got the hang of breast feeding too!

Chatty b- good to hear you're doing hypnobirthing, me too! How do you feel about it all? I wanted a homebirth but we live in a rented flat and the floor wouldn't have taken the weight of a pool, so were doing a MLU, as long as baby comes on time! I had a bit of a wobble a couple of weeks ago but I'm back to being positive after another fear release session. I just can't wait for it to happen!

I'm finding thumper is using my diaphragm as a springboard and nutting my cervix constantly. Hurry up baby!
X

mummyB she is just too gorgeous! congrats on the breastfeeding success!

Im also feeling the pains of a very squashed baby. Im surprised he hasnt broken a rib off yet with how much hes kicking them. Whats worse is when he gets hiccups, every single hicup makes his head hit my cervix. I also have a feeling he's using my bladder as a punching bag.

mumb, she's adorable! Congrats!

I'm so sorry to hear so many of you ladies aren't comfortable. I can't believe it's almost time for everyone! Can't wait to hear about more babies coming! Hang in there, it's almost over! :hugs:

I felt the baby shift positions in a big way today, suddenly my tailbone is taking a LOT of strain as well as all along my lower back....he better not have turned back to back!

man it hurts!

anyone feeling slightly crampy on and off? I am getting twinges of cramp too on my right side :shrug:

Beautiful pictures MummyB!

Metal - over the last couple of days I've had mild cramps (not painful, just a bit niggly). I figure it's just little one getting into position and getting bigger? Hipefully it's a step in the right direction for us :)

Hope everyone else is well. I wonder if we'll have any Christmas babies! x

I wonder how big our bubs will be?

Barry was 7lb 6oz...but this baby feels bigger, They dont do growth scans here unless your high risk so there wont be any knowing till hes born...Im thinking 9lb range...but im hopful hes only 8lbs!

I had an awesome night out last night!! We had tickets to see a Take That tribute band at a local hotel - food was excellent, company (hubby, SIL, daughter who turns 18 in 4 days) was great! Such a laugh and just what I needed. I spent the whole night up dancing! You can imagine the looks I got from others there lol. Daughter ended up being targeted by the "hot one" from the band and pulled up to dance/sung too. hilarious!!

I've been getting niggles on and off but nothing that continues .... I'm hoping its just my body getting ready bit by bit so that when real labour starts, it'll be pretty quickly. I've got a history of fast labours and the MW thinks that this is what's happened before. Time will tell! I'm feeling good, no real aches or pains, not getting the feeling that Fidget is a huge baby and I'm still comfortable (apart from occasional Fanny Daggers!) ... If the pregnancy continues like this, I'm in no hurry to get him out just yet. He'll be here sometime within the next 4 weeks :D

We are having a bit of a dilemma! When the baby arrives we want it to be just me and dh for a few hours to bond then for our two children to be dropped off and spend a few hours just the 5 of us before anyone else see's the baby. The problem is the mil is going to watch our older 2 whilst I'm in labour and will want to see the baby when she drops them off which is understandable but I don't what her to and I don't want to hurt her feelings by saying she can't. Not sure how to broach the subject with her as today she has said she wants updates throught the labour! Something iv already said wont be happening. This time I want to call and say baby is here ect not having people knowing the ins and outs

Hi Ladies,

Apologies for being AWOL!

CONGRATS Chrissie!! :yipee: :yipee:

Sounds like everyone is feeling similar with the lovely stabby cervix pain :( I get it quite often now... sometimes it really stops me in my tracks. I think baby has stretched out more as Im now feeling more out of breath than before and more movements underneath my ribs :(

We also completed on the house on Friday, so Im sure you imagine things are CRAZY busy now. Im absolutely exhausted. We havent moved in yet, but we're planning to stay the night Xmas Eve so we can wake up on xmas day in our new house. Think Im losing some plug but not sure.... its not bloody though and it happened around 34 weeks so not getting too excited. Baby cant come until I have had a decent nights sleep :haha:

Apologies for the lack of personals, hope youre all doing OK and missing you all. AND worst of all we're not getting broadband until 9th Jan!!! :argh: I can get internet on my phone but its so slow it takes forever :(

Anyway... enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a super wonderful xmas day if I dont manage to pop on beforehand xxxx

38 weeks today! Also I got the coolest pressie off our baby, (s)he has moved off my sciatic nerve so I can walk (waddle) without pain!

I've gotten rid of the norovirus now too, so I'm feeling loads better (though still knackered, I'm waiting for this burst of energy we're supposed to get just before birth!). I had a bit of a scary thing happen last night I had lots of flashing lights in my vision, it was really weird, I rang the MW's and they said it sounded like a migraine, it went after about 30 mins of lying in a dark room but I've never had a migraine without a headache but a quick google shows it's possible and most likely pregnancy related!

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and isnt' too uncomfortable, I'm hoping the little person drops a little further to give me more belly room for tasty Christmas treats as at the minute I get stuffed after a few bites of anything!

ETA - Sambatiki - Congrats on the house!!!! So glad you guys got it sorted before Christmas :) :) :)

I felt the baby shift positions in a big way today, suddenly my tailbone is taking a LOT of strain as well as all along my lower back....he better not have turned back to back!

man it hurts!

Holly was back to back while I was labour she moved back to normal position so try not to worry my labour wasn't long at all. Waters broke at 1pm, they made the very irregular contractions stronger and she was born by 6pm.

I hope all you ladies pop soon, horrible that so many of you are in so much pain looking forward for you posting your birth stories xx

TMI but OW! the pressure from where baby has his head right now is causing SO much pain, it also feels like i *constantly* need to poop but cant/dont need to.

the itching hasnt settled down and im ont he 3rd type of antihistimine. (spellings wrong i know!)

no sign of plug or waters for me, they didnt go untill i was 8cm dialted and very much in labour last time so this hasnt concerned me.

38 weeks on thursday so im counting down to that, Ive told hubby after christmas we can start to DTD to try and get things going (providing im not in completely agony) so we'll see how that goes!

aside from that....I cant beleive its Christmas in a few days...where the hell did this year go?!

Sat waiting for the mw to come, not sure if my waters have gone kept waking up last night feeling rather wet and when I got up a small trickle came out cant discribe how it smelt either nothing like iv smelt before. I was like a possessed animal last night bleaching everything including doors, walls and floors. Dh found it hilarious till I made him help :haha:
Can't believe its Christmas Eve here already. I hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful next few days

Merry Christmas ladies!
Wishing you all a fantastic, relaxed and healthy Christmas!

xxx

Just had a mw appointment. My bp is normally 120/70 but today it was 130/84 so she's asked me to come back in one week. My previous appointment before that showed my bp was normal, but the time before that was 140/90!
I'm sure it has something to do with which mw I see! Is their such a thing as midwife induced hypertension? Lol!
No protein in my urine or swelling or headaches though. I'm just hoping it goes down back to normal again or I won't be able to have my low risk MLU birth!
Oh we'll, can't be helped!

Merry christmas everyone!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back