• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early scan worries, no foetal pole at 6+5 - any thoughts? #Update p5

threebirds

Reaction score
Had an early scan this morning (after a little bleeding) & kinda in limbo now.
The gestational sac was measuring 6+4 (which is spot on as I think I am 6+5).
They were happy with its position, shape, and strong edge.
There was a yolk sac. Possibly the start of a foetal pole.
The nurse & dr seemed happy with that and thought I might just be a few days out or it was hard to see more on scan. But I am fairly certain of my dates and I do really think things might have stopped developing. At 6+5 and especially with the gestational sac measuring right then we should be seeing more, I would have thought clear fetal pole and maybe even a heartbeat.
Anyway we are back for another scan next Friday.

I had a little bleeding on Wed but no more red blood since them but brown spotting most times I wipe since then. The nurse & dr didnt seem too worried today BUT then again this is exactly how the blighted ovum earlier this yr started.

Would love to hear other peoples thoughts, and similar experiences - both postive and negative...

Thanks!

Yayyy.. congratulations.. I had my first at 6w5d.. earlier the doc could see just the gest sac and said she will have me checked because I might not be actually 6w5d.. but after some time, they rotated the device a little and they could see the heartbeat.. we tried to listen it but could not. Then the doc said that can be heard in the next ultrasound.. I think 6-8 weeks is somewhat early to see everything we want to.. But good luck for your next scan:flower:

Thanks scsk & congratulations to you too.

Im just worried because there was no fetal pole & no hb. I had a blighted ovum earlier this yr and worried this may go the same way.

Thanks hun & glad you got to see heart beat x

did they do an internal scan my lovely??
I've, just this morning, had an wary scan due to a bleed last weekend. they did an ultrasound on my tummy and couldn't see enough so did an internal one and could just make out the yolk and foetal pole and there was the tiniest flutter of a hb but it was barely visible at all, I wouldn't have seen it had it not been pointed out to me. I'm measuring 6 weeks approx and the baby measures a teeny tiny 4mm!!!
try not to worry, it would have been more of a concern to the doctors/midwife if there was anything wrong. :) xoxo

Thanks happy happy x
I know its scary having bleeds & early scans. Really good you got to see hb.
I had both tummy & internal scans this morning.
Really appreciate your reply & hope your pregnancy goes well.

I am worried that no fetal pole at 6+5 will be a blighted ovum.
Although I had nausea earlier this morning, I now have that pre-af dull heaviness. Even when I had a blighted ovum earlier this yr the preg symptoms continued for a good bit. I am worried that is happening again but I know there is nothing to be done until next scan :(
The last BO had a good gestational sac & yolk sac but didn't develop.
Sorry I don't like to be negative but need to let it out somewhere x

At my 6 week scan we saw a sac, on my 9 weeks scan saw a blob with a heart beat, 12 week scan saw a baby waving, kicking and a heart beat. So a lot happens in 6 weeks

try not to worry yourself too much as it won't help you or baby,like the above post says,alot happens in a short space of time so try to relax and stay as positive as you can and we will do the sane for you and your teeny tiny baby xoxo

Saw the heartbeat with my twins at 6w1 and 6w0 respectively. However, my hgc levels were 13,313. If yours were closer to 2000, it would be normal not to see much more than a sac. Don't give up hope just yet <3

Even thought u know when u ovulated, you don't know when implantation took place, so it is VERY possible to be a few days behind. In return not seeing a heartbeat yet. Just sit back and relax and try to distress, have a warm bath, get ur hubby/spouse to massage ur feet, and kick back with a nice drink of what you like (non-alcho lol)

Thanks girls. I really appreciate your responses. I know it could go either way - just have to hang in there til Fri morning now! Hope you're all doing well x

Hi im in a similiar boat, had a scan tues very cerain of ov dates as it was the night before we left on hols with kids in room so i knew! Was supposed to be 7weeks plus 4, baby measured closer to 6+3 no hb....waiting for next scan friday. Not convinced tho aa its 9 weeks since my last mc :(

Hi Celine
Really sorry to are in the same boat! And very sorry to hear you had a recent loss. I also had an early loss at the start of the year. That time there was gestational sac & yolk sac but the embryo didn't develop. We went back for scans each wk & in the end had a d&c. The hard thing then I felt was still having preg symptoms even though the baby wasn't developing. I don't know what will happen this time round. Like you Im fairly certain of my dates. Really hoping it's good news for both of us on Friday. Let me know how you're getting on. I spent most of yesterday in bed (Ive no little ones), but trying to be more positive day & keep up the healthy eating etc. Just had a spinach & mushroom omlette. Anyway Im thinking of you hun, thanks so much for posting in this thread X

Tx, yea with my last loss (on my sons birthay!) i started bleeding so i knew, this time i just have a too small baby again measuring 6 weeks :( so i feel like im waiting to bleed... I had a natural mc last time as it was already starting. This time if it is im opting for some pills to start it, the sooner its over the better, like you said false preggo symptons etc and knowing you are oregnant but its not alive :( will kwep my eye on your thread for update :)

Hey, in all honesty my post probably won't be positive or negative for you. I had a 6 week 6 day scan (internal, sonographer didn't even attemp tummy) and there was a clear picture of a tiny prawn type baby with a clear heartbeat. However, she said I was measuring a few days ahead, so if I'm a few days ahead and you're a few days behind that really could make massive difference, so stay hopeful.

I've had two blighted ovums this year alone and at 7 weeks there was nothing but an empty sac and a week later, exactly the same, so it was a certainty that no baby had developed, but if you think there may have been the beginnings of something then there's every reason to stay positive.

I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best in your situation, I guess by your dates it would have been more positive had you seen a heartbeat, but ovulation/implantation can really affect what you think your dates are. Best of luck and baby dust to you x

Thanks sealgirl & sorry for your losses.

Congratulations on this pregnancy. Your message was reassuring because it is so easy for measurements to be out a couple of days at this stage. I just need to hang in there until scan on Friday. I think it's the not knowing that's hardest!! Thanks x

I saw baby and heart beat on external scan at 7 weeks. My HCG was in the 6000 range I believe. I hope it all works out for you. Big xxxx to you.

This happened to me 6 weeks four days only a yolk sac then 10 days later a bean with a heart beat!! Hang in there xx

earlier this year I only saw the sac with beginning of the fetal pole 7 days later full fetal pole and hb!! keep faith ill be praying for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->