• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early scan worries, no foetal pole at 6+5 - any thoughts? #Update p5

Just want to say sorry for your loss and can understand you must be so worried. I hope the week goes by fast for you and you get your next scan and see a fetal pole and strong heartbeat! :hugs:

Hey hun , Well first of all I just wanted to say that I had a blighted ovum also so I know how you feel. Second of all , with this pregnancy I had a scan at what I thought was 6 weeks 0 days and they saw the gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. I was told that the yolk sac was a great sign and that blighted ovums don't have yolk sacs at all. I went back to weeks later when I was supposed to be 8 weeks and I saw the baby! Heartbeat and everything! And it turns out that I wasn't 8 weeks , I was only 7 weeks 1 day (I ovulate late) , so that means when I got my ultrasound the first time I was only 5 weeks 1 day , way too early to see anything. I just had another appt at 11 weeks and heard my babies heartbeat on the doppler!

Don't give up hope , a yolk sac is a good sign! Praying for you!

UPDATE

So was back for scan today at 7+5.

We did see foetal pole today and nurse got measurements, so some growth frm last wk, but still behind. Baby measuring 6.1 but no hb.
Gestation sac right measurement for 7+5.

So although there has been growth Im thinking this will prob be our 3rd mc as it is so behind.

Back for another scan in a week.

All we can do is wait it out x

Thanks baby x

Also, should add foetal pole measured 4.3mm & gestational sac is over 20mm from transvaginal scan. This is very near the limit for where a hb really should be seen for a viable pregnancy.

I wish you all the luck. I know how horrible it is being in limbo :(

I will be keeping everything crossed and thinking positive thoughts for you xoxo

Thanks mummy & happy happy, really appreciate your messages.

The foetal pole measured 4mm and the threshold where they really expect a hb is 5mm i think, so we just have to wait and see.

Still have tender boobs & testing strong positives but both to be expected - i am still currently preg (based on yedterday's scan). But I think other symptoms may be lessening, but hard to know...

Its not that likely that this preg will work out ok, but we're not completely out yet.

Anyway thanks xox

So sorry to hear that hun. :( Hoping for good news for you on your next scan.

When is your next scan? Really hope baby catches up & you see a little heartbeat xxx

Thanks justagirl & bumble b.

Bumble, the next scan is Fri morning.

xx

Tired, nauseus & sore boobs. Its hard having lots of symptoms & yet knowing things prob wont be ok. Today Fri feels a long way away. Im trying to keep positive.

Good luck Hun! Hoping baby has fought for you :hugs: keep us updated.

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me jumping in, but I needed to vent. I went for my second ultrasound today, I'm 7 weeks 2 days. I have a history of MC so they are doing scans every week through September. Last week, baby measured 6 weeks, which was only 2 days behind. This week the baby doubled in size, but was still only 6w3d, when I am 7w2d. Heartbeat was strong, up from 88 last week to 136 this week. Sac is small at 5w2d, which is the same as last month. I am really freaking out! My first MC was at 12 weeks, but the heart actually stopped at just past 8 weeks, which makes next weeks US all the more stressful. I'm not sure what to make of this! My doc says all is well and just focus on the increased heartbeat and the fact that the baby is growing, but of course I am worrying about everything else. How on earth will I last until next week and God forbid if something bad happens, how am I going to get through it again. This is it for us. If this doesn't work out, I'm done...so it makes this pregnancy all the more important!

Hi Sib4Owen
Sorry you are having such a stressful time of it. I know how hard it is. The heart beat is definitely good news and that is the positive to focus on. You read a lot about how hard it is to get accurate measurments so early, so I think that is also worth bearing in mind. When is your next scan? Have you had any particular tests done in relation to recurrant mc?

Im trying not to completely stress out, really because I know that at this stage what will be will be and stressing is not gonna help, but of course it is v hard not to!

I have my next scan in the morning & this is the one where we really need to see a hb.

The odds are not in our favour and if this is another mmc Im gonna find it very hard as I have a lot of preg symptoms.

We have no children & this would be our 3rd loss. So it's all very hard.

All I can say is I really hope your pregnancy is ok & that we both have to try & not get megastressed - there will be time to grieve if it is a loss, but for now, as far as we both know, we are pregnant x

Hi Sib4Owen
Sorry you are having such a stressful time of it. I know how hard it is. The heart beat is definitely good news and that is the positive to focus on. You read a lot about how hard it is to get accurate measurments so early, so I think that is also worth bearing in mind. When is your next scan? Have you had any particular tests done in relation to recurrant mc?

Im trying not to completely stress out, really because I know that at this stage what will be will be and stressing is not gonna help, but of course it is v hard not to!

I have my next scan in the morning & this is the one where we really need to see a hb.

The odds are not in our favour and if this is another mmc Im gonna find it very hard as I have a lot of preg symptoms.

We have no children & this would be our 3rd loss. So it's all very hard.

All I can say is I really hope your pregnancy is ok & that we both have to try & not get megastressed - there will be time to grieve if it is a loss, but for now, as far as we both know, we are pregnant x

Threebirds, thanks for the words of encouragement! My next scan is Wednesday. I'm getting weekly scans due to my history. I've had testing and they believe the first mc was due to chromosomal abnormalities. The last 2 were so early they blame progesterone levels, which were tested with the last one and were low and I have the MTHFR factor, which basically means my body doesn't absorb folic acid they way it should. They have prescribed a supplement to counter-act that and I'm on progesterone vaginal cream. I'm also taking Lovenox injections and baby aspirin, just in case I have a clotting disorder that could cause mc. My doc also believes I have had the mumps as an adult and that is why I have a low count of follis. So basically I have a laundry list of things wrong, but I was able to have my son with no problems; however, that was 4 years ago, so I was younger.

I'll be thinking of you today! Keep us posted on your scan.

Good luck today, really hope its good news xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->