Early scans - help?

Jetset

Reaction score
How do you organise an early scan?

With what I do for a job (I compete in dressage) I think it would be a good idea for me to have a scan earlier to check everything is ok, but I don't want to come across as paranoid.

I don't have a midwife yet.

Are you in the UK? babybond are nationwide (google them) or just google private scan in *enter town etc) good luck x

Yes I am in the UK... Thanks for that!

What a dressage? sorry for being stupid.

Are you in the UK? if not this wont apply:

Anyway, you cant just have an early scan on the NHS, they are only for poeple for are experiencing threatened miscarraiges, etopic pregnancy and sometimes or previous losess but not all trusts.

If you talking private then you will need to see whats avalaible in your area. the earliest you would get scaned is 7 weeks as the heart doenst start beating until 6/7 weeks and isnt visable until then.

Thank you... I have booked on in!!! Eeeek :o

Eternal... I have booked a private one in for just over 7 weeks.

Dressage is an equestrian discipline and I compete four horses regularly so I am just being a bit cautious and having an early scan due to the high risk of what I do. Also, I go away for 2 weeks at the end of June so I would like a bit more of an assurance before flying 8 hours too.

Excellent, glad you got your scan, 7 weeks is magical, they are so small but so very much alive!

Will you have to give up riding later on or can you carry on? it seems like it would promote a good position for labour if you can keep it up. although i cant imagine climbing on a horse now let alone at 35 + weeks lol!

Enjoy your scan! :D

I am hoping to carry on until it is uncomfortable... I am only riding and competing my own horses now as I made the decision that other people's were not worth the risk. The only thing is I feel drained of energy at the moment, so keep getting a stitch when I am working my advanced horse. I competed her yesterday and it is strange because the thought of being pregnant has made me so much more laid back about competing, so my results yesterday were incredible :)

thats great. well done.

I am sure you know your body better than anyone and know whats right or wrong for you. Lots of poeple dont even know they are pregnant at your stage so I am sure you will be fine.

being active really is great for pregnancy and labour, just pray you dont get something like SPD (where your pelvis starts moving) as that will really finish for you being able to carry on. although most people are fine and as i said being active will help i am sure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->