early u/s @ 6wks6days - baby size/heart rate?

Dreamer429

Reaction score
Hi Ladies -

Sorry if i seem paranoid on here, just looking for solace bc i had a loss in January and immediately got pregnant again after and i'm having a hard time relaxing :)

I had an early u/s today @ 6wks6days - the tech said the baby was measuring at 6wks3days and had a heart rate of 130.

Does this seem normal? I'm worried that its measuring small and the heart rate is low..

I don't go back in again until March 29th and that seems like forever away!!

The heart rate is within normal range it beats anywhere from 120 to 160 bpm + measurements I am not sure cause I never really read about that :hugs:

That's absolutely fine. Don't worry about not measuring bang on dates because these early scans aren't hugely accurate when it comes to measurements. They usually change later on, and even if baby is really measuring three days behind, that isn't much and I don't think it's enough to think there's a problem.

With my 8 week loss, I had a scan at about 7 weeks and they said baby was measuring 5 weeks and their hb was really slow. That's a huge difference between being told that and being told a hb of 130bpm and measuring pretty much to date. Really I wouldn't worry, I know it's hard not to, but to me your scan sounds really positive

I had a scan yesterday at 6 weeks 4 days (I'm quite sure of my dates as I was temping and using OPKs) and bub was measuring 6 weeks 1 day and had a HB of 123bpm. Made me a bit nervous that it was measuring small, but they assured me that a few days off is no big deal.

My first two pregnancies were bang on at 6 weeks to the day of what I thought they should be so I'm a little concerned - but like I said, my doctor and US tech said that a few days off is nothing to even worry about.

Thank you for your words of encouragement ladies! @lovenoel we will have to keep in touch for updates as it looks like we are both the same number of days "off". Praying for h&h 9 mos for everyone on here!

I’d say that’s perfectly normal. Many women go for a scan at 6 weeks and only see the yolk sac. It’s diffict to measure early on also. My sonographer kept it vague saying I was 6-7 weeks rather than the week and days. It can be so out on measurements! Their hearts have only just started beating too, I’m not sure what the normal heart rates are so early into pregnancy, and the rates change as they grow! xx

I’d say that’s perfectly normal. Many women go for a scan at 6 weeks and only see the yolk sac. It’s diffict to measure early on also. My sonographer kept it vague saying I was 6-7 weeks rather than the week and days. It can be so out on measurements! Their hearts have only just started beating too, I’m not sure what the normal heart rates are so early into pregnancy, and the rates change as they grow! xx

I think at 6-7 weeks it can vary from 90-130ish bpm.
I like that your sonographer had the good sense to say 6-7 weeks instead of causing any anxiety giving a precise date when it's so inaccurate this early on! I know I'd rather hear that than be mislead

Happycupcake;
Yes! I don’t think they should be guessing the weeks and days until 9-12 weeks, as 9-12 weeks is the most accurate to date a pregnancy anyway. So why try to be exact before hand?

My ticker is 9 weeks and a day, but I know I could possibly be up to a few days behind that, but at the same time, baby can catch up!

As long as they can see the good progress of an early pregnancy then I really don’t think they should try to be exact. It causes more worry especially if you know your exact date of ovulation etc.

I also found it worrying seeing my pregnancy apps saying my baby is the size of whatever and at six weeks for me you couldn’t even see a baby haha

You have to think if babies grow at their own rate once outside of the womb, then they can sure grow at their own rate inside the womb!

Precisely. I have heard so many times people being put back a fair bit but then on their later scans being put forward again. It's really silly I think to attempt to date a little one so tiny. The changes that happen even between a couple of weeks from 6 weeks is amazing. We had a scan at 5+6 with DS2, and we were lucky enough to have seen his hb then, but when we went back two weeks later instead of a tiny blob with a flicker, he actually looked like a mini human with tiny arms and legs, albeit a little stumpy looking but wriggling away lol and then of course by 12 weeks they are perfect little humans just tiny.
Really don't like most sonographers giving these 'precise' dates when they can be completely inaccurate, or they could be completely accurate but baby could have a growth spurt and catch up

I had a scan at 6+6 and that’s when we discovered twins. One twin was 6+5 with heartbeat of 132. The other was measuring 6+4 and heartbeat was 128. Much slower than my daughter at around the same time but the next scan after that their heartbeats were 175

Aw congratulations on your twins! Are they identical?

Congrats on the twins! Perhaps you have little twin boys in there (due to old wives tales haha) with the lower heart rates than your daughter at that time. :)

I had a scan and I was supposed to be 7w 4days but was measuring 6 weeks 1 day, the baby was 1.8mm, and I don't know heart rate, but it was beating. I went back 2 weeks later and baby was 8w 1 day, and 16.27mm with a heart rate of 161. Don't worry about size, the sonographer told me that two women could have the same LMP but gestation different by 2 weeks

Following up - I went for a second appointment today and baby measured 8+3 with a heartbeat of 167 bpm. :) Only one day off of my initial estimate!

Following up - I went for a second appointment today and baby measured 8+3 with a heartbeat of 167 bpm. :) Only one day off of my initial estimate!

Thank you SO much for following up!! and CONGRATS!!! :)

that is very encouraging for me -- i don't have another appt until 3/29 when i'm 9+5 (funny how just one week away feels like eternity!) and i've started to get nervy again. This is helping me breathe.

At my 6 week scan with dd2 we saw a good heart beat but she was measuring a whole week behind. I worried myself sick, but by my 12 week scan they put me forward a week!

I had a scan at 6+1 and baby's hb was at just 104 bpm. I was so worried about the heart rate being too low, but here she sits today, at age 3, playing with playdoh right next to me.

I think it's safe to say your babe is right on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->