Eat your way to baby!

ilovemyhubby

cautiously expecting
Reaction score
ok girls, i have been looking into fertility superfoods a lot lately and have come up with a few fertility boosting recipes that are easy to prepare and taste great i thought i'd post em up here and was hoping some of you have some ideas or recipes that you have been using or could come up with some involving fertility foods. i know a lot of you ladies are on meds and i may be looking into some too, but I figured that giving your body the extra boost naturally might help the meds be more affective as well as maybe helping some ladies fix their hormones naturally as we all know diet has a huge link to overcoming fertiity problems. so heres a couple I have been using

super :bfp: granola:
ingredients:
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberrys
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds or flax meal

directions
1.In a large bowl, combine oats,nuts, seeds, flax and coconut; set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, olive oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Add raisins and cranberries. Store in an airtight container.

serve with one serving of whole fat milk or yogurt...
i also like it with a tbsp of peanut butter mixed in. super good sweet snack that is good for ya too.

"Baby" spinach salad:baby: (my hubby invented this one)2 big servings

ingredients
1 lb fresh baby spinach(you can use regular fresh spinach)
1/2 red onion
1 carrot cut into matchstick sized pieces
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup orange juice
1 orange
4Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
2tsp honey
1 inch piece of giner

directions
toast the nuts in a dry pan on medium. remove and save for later. heat your olive oil over medium-high heat, toss in your carrots and minced ginger let cook for 3 min, add thin sliced red onion and sliced garlic for 3 more minutes sautee until the garlic releases a nice aroma, add 2tbs of your orange juice and 2 tsp honey, let simmer for 2 min, add clean washed spinach, the rest of your orange juice and turn the heat up to high until the spinach starts to wilt. toss your nuts back in garnish with pieces of orange.

you can serve this as is, on a bed of brown rice or use cornmeal polenta cubed and fried as crutons... sooooo good.

well ladies? anybody have anything they have come up with? I'd love to hear new ideas and use some of our good creative energies to help us all get our :bfp:s soon!!!!!!
heres links to a couple websites that have more recipes if anybody needs inspiration...
https://www.cookingforfertility.com/
https://www.naturalfertilitydiet.com/
:dust:

I thanked you! Look like good recipes. I think I'd need to give the salad to my DH as a side dish.

Def going to be making the granola. Sound yum. And has protein :haha: My problem with things like that is I can't help but graze all day on it, handful here, a handful there. Naughty.

A favourite of mine at the moment is mashed avocado and poached egg on granary toast. And my all time favourite 'naughty' breakie, mashed banana and peanut butter on toast or banana, oat and peanut butter smoothies.

I'll try and think of some more recipe ideas. Thanks again.

but at least with a hearty granola you dont have to feel guilty about snacking. and ill admit its easy to munch.
avacoado and poached eggs sounds delicious. i love me some poached eggs. and peanut butter is always good =)
thanks for the input!
:dust:

And we aren't meant to eat runny eggs when we are pregnant (apparently) so eat lots whilst we still can!

good to know, when the yolks are runny i call em dippy eggs, cause i dip my toast in em. i will miss that, but it will be worth it.

cornmeal polenta
Instructions

Things You'll Need
½ cup whole milk Kosher salt Medium saucepan 1 cup of cornmeal Wire whisk ½ tsp. each dried sage and rosemary ½ tsp. minced garlic 1 tbsp. unsalted butter 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese Wooden spoon Ground black pepper ¾ cup corn kernels

Add two cups of water, ½ cup of milk and a dash of salt to a medium-sized saucepan. Stir to combine and warm the ingredients over medium-high heat.

Add the cornmeal to the pan just before it reaches a boil. Whisk continually with a wire whisk as you pour the cornmeal to prevent lumps from forming.

Whisk the dried sage leaves and fresh rosemary into the cornmeal polenta. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, whisking often, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until thick. The ideal consistency is similar to that of sour cream.

Add the garlic, butter and Parmesan cheese to the polenta. Stir with a wooden spoon until the butter and cheese have melted completely, and then add a dash of black pepper to taste.

Stir the fresh corn kernels into the polenta just before serving. It can be eaten hot or be left to cool, sliced and then fried or grilled or used in various recipes.

Liver Clearing Congee
the liver helps metabolize hormones so anything to clear the liver can help regulate your cycle....

Ingredients:
6 cups water
1 cup black sweet rice (wash before using)
½ cup dried longan fruit
10 Chinese dates
2 tablespoons honey
½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced

Instructions:

In a large heavy saucepan, add 6 cups of water, black sweet rice, longan fruit, dates, and raw sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for two hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish with ginger. Makes four servings.

The sweet rice promotes the flow of liver Qi, which helps keep angry feelings at bay and leads to calmness.
The Chinese dates (different from the Mediterranean variety) nourish blood and spleen, promoting restful sleep and mental clarity.
Longan fruit, a blood enhancer, was used by the ancients to add luster to the skin. From a Western perspective, we know that longans contain large amounts of Vitamin C and phenolic compounds, which may help to detoxify and protect the liver.

I think this will be a great thread! :thumbup:

At this moment I don't have any fertility superfood recipies to add as I eat literally anything & everything (both healthly & unhealthly):blush::haha: but I'm willing to give everyone elses recipies a try!:hugs:

I think this will be a great thread! :thumbup:

At this moment I don't have any fertility superfood recipies to add as I eat literally anything & everything (both healthly & unhealthly):blush::haha: but I'm willing to give everyone elses recipies a try!:hugs:

ive been taking normal recipes and adding things that are fertility foods that i googled.... i love unhealthy snacks especially chocolate. but ive been gorging on that granola lately when i have my sweet tooth.

I'm definiately going to try your granola recipie as that's my weakness as well..chocolate!

that was a hard one for me when i was prego with my 1st b/c i love my eggs runny...and the whites done all the way....and same with the meats...i love my steak red and bloody on the inside...but i was told all meat even steak needs to be cooked all the way through...im having mind block right now...i cant think of anything maybe if i just keep typing my thought would come back to me.....ummm nope still nothing...if i think of it ill reply back....

good recipes...ill have to try them...

mmmm bloody steak. sounds so good. thanks for the input girls!
lexus dont get me wrong even though im eating healthier i still sneak a baby snickers bar every once and again. cant deprive yourself of everything. plus dark chocolate has antioxidents and all chocolate releases happy chemicals in your brain....so it cant be all bad.:)

When I get BFN I try and cheer myself up by thinking of all the things I can have. The main two wine and rare steak! Yum.

Ginger Tea:coffee:

steep a one inch piece of peeled minced ginger and a slice of lemon in 16oz hot water for 5 min, add honey to taste and enjoy...

ginger cleanses the liver to balance your hormones

lemon helps with: detoxification, hormonal balance, enhanced immunity, liver health, digestive health, and great skin

honey is known to restore and rejuvenate tired or ageing sex glands in both male and female. This is because it contains natural hormonal substances that stimulate and nourish the reproductive system.
Increase sexual stamina and endurance
Improve sexual dysfunction caused by prostatic disorders
Stimulate ovarian function and increase the biological value of the egg
Alleviate symptoms associated with PMS

and drinking more water means more CM and better CM so better chance of getting your :bfp::thumbup:

my pleasure natcat, if theres anything you can come up with i'd love to try some new ideas!

bean: i love steak too and miss it terribly. its too bad they dont have many good wines here. ive heard theres a wine import store in town so im gunna see how terribly expensive it is. it might be worth it though.

I wish I could find ways to feed my DH healthy foods. :)

Stuffed Tacos

pan fry a filet of salmon per person in 2 tsp olive oil
after you remove add a dash of salt and a squeeze of lime juice
break into bite sized pieces
wrap in a warm corn tortilla lined with chopped fresh spinach
top with pico de gallo and shredded whole fat cheese(gouda, provelone,whatever you like)

pico de gallo (4tacos worth)
instructions
dice 2 medium tomatos
1/2 an onion diced
2 cloves minced garlic
3TBS fresh cilantro
juice from half a lime
a drizzle of oilive oil
salt and pepper to taste
add fresh jalapeno if you like or diced fresh mango
mix ingredients and enjoy

Benefits:
salmon has lots of omega 3's

corn tortillas have whole grains which are rich in fiber which rids the body of excess estrogen

spinach contains fiber, iron,vitamins K,A,B6, folic acid, folic acid may improve sperm quality. A study in the August 2009 "Fertility and Sterility" journal indicates that folic acid increases ejaculate volume and also benefits the stability of DNA in sperm.

whole fat dairy is said to aid in conception

tomatos have lycopene which can help ladies with endometriosis

garlic is a great source of the mineral selenium which is thought to enhance male fertility and help prevent the chromosome breakage that may play a role in early miscarriage. Garlic also contains vitamin B6 which helps to regulate hormones and strengthens the immune system.

fresh cilantro is a powerful heavy metal detoxifier, heavy metals in the system can inhibit fertility and cause birth defects.

citrus fruits like lime contain vitamin c, B6,potassium and folic acid

olive oil is a healthy fat with lots of omega 3 and 6 it also contains the antioxidant compound Hydroxytyrosol

mango has vitamins A,B1,B2,B6,C,E,K,folate, potassium basically chock full-a good stuff.

plus it tastes good.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"