Eating organic

Missyme123

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wondering is there any organic eaters out there?
Iv switched to buying organic from a locally sourced farm and everything I buy from fruit, veg and meat is all produced on the uk so I know is not irradiated during the process of been shipped from other countries.

But my question is what do you cook? I struggle to think of meals to cook every day and also feeding my 4 year old as she loves scrambled egg and that's about it lol!!

I would be so grateful of anyone has any easy meal recipes or know any good sites I could take a nose at.

Thanks H

You could get a slow cooker. Anything made in a slowcooker is easy. Its impossible to ruin a mel in them unless you leave it for like 24hrs!

We buy organic milk for LO,would love to buy more but its so expensive! xx

As a food scientist, I know about farming and processes and I don't support the 'organic' farming methods especially organic meat. It's not healthier for us, and more damaging on the environment.

I buy British from the supermarkets, and choose to buy less meat than I used to.

I make:

Vege curries
Stews
Hot pot
Italian classics: Spag Bol, Risotto, Pomodoro Sauce
Fish cakes

I like putting a whole chicken in the slow cooker when I buy one, last for about 4/5meals.

Where we used to love I bought locally, I did buy organic but not all products, meat I wouldn't but I'd buy it locally. There is some debate about organic stuff that is peeled not making a difference as well.

Here I don't as there isn't much option for sourcing local stuff at least without massive inconvenience and huge costs, plus I guess now with three kids I think more about feeding them balanced diets than being ethical.

But I do believe on eating things which are in season and I still try to buy locally or at the least British, with exception of things like bananas which the kids love.

I totally agree with all of your lady opinions.. It cost me an absolute fortune, but I totally disagree with the genetically modified feed they feed our animals.. Which in turn we then eat!!

The world is becoming a sad place, it's all just chemicals in everything we touch just about!!
Don't get me wrong I still can't resist an odd pizza from a takeaway, which could make me hypocritical, but it's a treat!! Lol

I will say one thing iv noticed is my daughter since pushing fruit and veg on her... Now thank The Lord will turn down a happy meal and would ask for a fruit salad or again scrambled egg!! Lol

Thanks for the meal ideas :) I'm going to have to invest in a slow cooker.. Everyone says you can cook anything in them lol:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->