Ebay/bank help with cheque payment!

sweetlullaby

Reaction score
Im fairly new to ebay and sold lots of stuff recently someone paid me by personal cheque and they included a personal note with the item asking me to message them on ebay for their new address as they were moving house. I messaged them when the cheque cleared and got the new address and sent the item. The day after I posted the item the cheque was returned (today) It says on my bank account TFR UNPD CHQ and the money was taken back out of my account. What do I do? Will I get hit with any charges from my own bank or anything?

From what I am aware, if there's any charges, it's a single figure amount for a bounces cheque.

You might find this interesting https://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk/resources/faqs/cheques_and_cheque_clearing/

With regards to the cheque though, you could write a letter and only hope they are honest folks :(

Ohh norty person! Its fraud to issue a cheque you know cannot be paid, so I hope they havent done that! As you have their address I would write and email and also on ebay open an item unpaid dispute and ask for alternative payment.

hope u get it sorted, it is best to stick to paypal always, someone said theyd sent me a postal order .... at xmas:lol:

Was it for a high amount? There is some seller protection however one of the stipulations is that it is sent to the address registered on eBay. Also, PayPal only going forward. Hope it's sorted for you.

You shouldn't be charged for it, it just means you don't have the money, unless your bank has allowed you to draw on it and then it's bounced putting you overdrawn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->