Ebay Cheapie Fluffies - Opinions?

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey girls,

To start my fluff stash off, I've ordered some Ebay cheapies, and I've spotted a fair few other collections (prints etc :happydance:)

What are your opinions on them? They any good? Or is it a case of you get what you pay for?!
Also, the sellers from China...should I stay away from them and go for UK sellers or are the Chinese ones pretty reliable?

Thanks ladies :flower:

you get what you pay for - as with any nappy they might/or might not fit/work well for you.

i had some when Q was smaller but we sold to replace as we found what worked best for us.

Yes they are cheap but as littlestar says you really do get what you pay for! the inserts are rubbish and they leak like mad for us!

don't get me wrong they do work, and they're a great way of building a stash but to be honest you are better trying preloved nappies on cloth nappy tree or here on the nappy swap and sell.
if you do buy just get a couple - not a huge amount otherwise you might struggle to sell them on.

we've got 2 and theyre not bad actually but we havent used their inserts, we've only used them with other mf / bamboo ones. a couple would be ok but i'd supplement with others in case you dont get on with them. Ive actually got loads I need to sell :blush: !

I've got 6 on order, I think I'll leave it at that then for now! I might buy some decent inserts as well for them, just to help them out ;)
Thanks ladies :thumbup:

We had problems with them fitting Emma when she was small but since your LO is 7mths, that might not be an issue. Like the others said, the inserts aren't always as good as the brand names, but you can either replace them or just change more often. I've tried a few now. Coolababy are decent but avoid Babyland (the PUL is crap). I'm sure others have tried some of the other sellers and can help if there is a particular "brand" you were thinking of trying- they are fine for building up a stash and I use ours on laundry day. HTH :flower:

Kyla has worn two today, the first she wore for 3.5 hours & was fine, no leaks etc. the second one, she pooed in, and it was all contained, and it wasnt solid lol

I think they're good but ive only tried them and a bambooty AIO.

Did you get them from the seller 97kgallery- they are generally pretty reliable but need other inserts- the Flip Stay Dry inserts fit perfectly so i'd probably use them :)

No it was a different seller, she's been quite patient lol cos my Paypal was emtpy and I've had to wait 7 days for funds to be transferred over! Nightmare!
I'll probably get some boosters for the cheapie ones anyways, just to make sure.
I had a go at making my own fleece liners yesterday and I'm rather proud of myself lol!

I ordered 9 soft printed pockets from 97k gallery for £32 including post! They arrived today, just 10 days from china

I am yet to use them, but they look fantastic - better made than cheapies I had last time by a long way - they only come with one insert which is like the thin BG insert, so I will stuff with other stuff and let you know how I get on!

Thanks hun, that would be appreciated! I really want some printed ones but dont wanna spend a fortune just yet.. need to get my stash established first then I can get the gorgeous prints one at a time ;)

Well I thought I'd try one for her nap, they haven't been prewashed , naughty I know, but the insert is in the pocket, I added an itti bitti top insert

They fitted really well, nicely snug round the legs and they have elasticated backs too so any poo should stay in well

I just looked up that seller... very cheap nappies, but makes up for it with the P&P lol! Still, they're being posted from China so cant expect the shipping to be cheap!
I've got some bits waiting to sell on Ebay so once I have some cash in the old PayPal, I might order some.. the animal print ones are gorgeous! :thumbup:

ive only got one ebay cheapie and i dont like it tbh, it is a pocket but the velcro is sewn through both layers on the top front so you cant get the insert right to the top of the nappy, which means we have leaks :(

x

I was looking at these also just to get my stasg started, will be keeping an eye on this thread xx

I just looked up that seller... very cheap nappies, but makes up for it with the P&P lol! Still, they're being posted from China so cant expect the shipping to be cheap!
I've got some bits waiting to sell on Ebay so once I have some cash in the old PayPal, I might order some.. the animal print ones are gorgeous! :thumbup:

If you want them make sure you check all the ads because some are better deals than others!

I got my 9 in one advert - it was buy it now for £31.99 free postage, so thats just £3.55 per nappy! This was the set I got https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290423554970&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That was for the soft animal prints - rather then than cotton plain colours.

Yes they are gorgeous, just like they are in the pics - and nice and soft too!

Well she had her 2 hour nap - the nappy worked perfectly! Her bum was nice and dry.

I tend to change every 2-3 hours by habit lol but it could be stuffed a fair amount to last a while. With its own insert plus a top one from Itti Bitti it was quite trim really!

Thanks hun, I may well go ahead and order some of these next week...I've already spent my quota this week :haha:

I had naughty baby ones (which I guess count as Ebay cheapies!) They were my only fluff for a *long* time, but I have an itti bitti baby :blush: We did end up with a bit of leg-leakage when it seemed like she was between popper settings. A fleece wrap sorted that (and also made them cuter, as they were just plain coloured!)

Unfortunately getting the fleece wraps (thanks AG :hugs:) and seeing how adorable they were totally rekindled my buried cloth addiction, and I've now sold practically all my naughty babies to make room for new stuff :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->