Ebay help - going on holiday.

KayBea

Mummy to Xanthia Lily
Reaction score
Im going on holiday on saturday for a week & have over 100 items listed on my ebay.

if i had a shop i can set it as 'seller away' but i cant do this as a normal seller looking on google.

is there a way to do this?

if not what shall i do. i cant afford to end the listings & relist them again once home at 30p a listing :(

but i dont want to get negative feedback because its taken me ages to ship an item. - even if i message the buyer to say im away or put in the discription to say im away i know some twit will leave me negative feedback.

any ideas?

thanks xx

Is there somebody who could post them for you, a friend or relative maybe? Get them all packaged up, put the listing number on each parcel and then all they need to do is address them and take them to the post office for you. They'd need to know how to work ebay I suppose, unless you can access your account and send an easy list to whoever's helping.

was thinking my OH could do it but i think it will be too much for him with working 8-6 every day & learning how to use the service at the post office i use. plus he doesnt know how to use ebay. lol. urghh hassle!
wasnt so bad last year as i was just starting out so only sold 1 item. but im now selling between 10 & 30 items a week. xx

Can you not upgrade to a shop just for a month. It's £19 but you get 20 free listings a month so it's not too bad. Then you could set it as on holiday.

Failing that try setting your dispatch time to 1 week in your listings. You can do a bulk edit so you don't have to go into each one individually. Emailing your buyers and letting them know the score is still worth doing. It might hold some of them off a bit (but I know how demanding eBay buyers can be!)

I would just put on the item description that you're away and the item will be posted on X Date that way the buyer is warned? Although it'd be a phaff to do that a hundred times, I don't use ebay as a seller heavily.

Can you not upgrade to a shop just for a month. It's £19 but you get 20 free listings a month so it's not too bad. Then you could set it as on holiday.

Failing that try setting your dispatch time to 1 week in your listings. You can do a bulk edit so you don't have to go into each one individually. Emailing your buyers and letting them know the score is still worth doing. It might hold some of them off a bit (but I know how demanding eBay buyers can be!)

didnt think of setting it as a shop for a month! is it easy enough to do? ie do i need to re list everything or will it just transfer over? xx

When I set my shop up it just transferred all my listings over. Some of the tools you get are pretty cool too. There's a traffic tool so you can see how many people have looked at each item and how they came to get there.

didnt think of setting it as a shop for a month! is it easy enough to do? ie do i need to re list everything or will it just transfer over? xx

thank you. have just set up as a shop :) xx

do u find you sell more with it being a shop? xx

I find having a shop helps a lot. People look at one item and even if it's not quite what they want, they often have click on my shop icon and pick something else. Being able to have a logo displayed helps brand image too.
You must be really excited about starting your shop! Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->