Ectopic?

yourstruly10

Reaction score
So I have been going through a lot since finding out I'm pregnant. Biggest thing is they don't think it's viable now because of my hcg levels. But the more I read the more I'm worried it's ectopic even though they said they ruled it out.

10dpo hcg 13
12dpo hcg 31
15dpo hcg 39
17dpo hcg 50

Now my ultrasound was on 12dpo so how can they rule it out if my hcg was to low to see anything.

The report I got back said 6mm cystic lesion in uterus may be early pregnancy gestational sac. No evidence of ectopic pregnancy.

I have another ultrasound tomorrow at 20dpo(should be about 5 weeks 1 day) but if my levels are that low I can't understand how they wouldn't know it wasn't ectopic...

I'm scared. I've had no pain but I bleed like a period from 11 dpo to 17dpo and nothing since.

Help.

You are so very early it would be unlikely to see much at this stage. I had the same question for my midwife because I was having a lot of cramping and pinching pains in my left side. She drew blood and I asked her that if it was ectopic would the levels be high or low and she said high. She also said that your uterus would still grow since the hormones were still being produced but that it wouldn't grow as quickly. I had an ultrasound done at 7 weeks to rule out ectopic and even then we couldn't see much but they did see that the sac was in my uterus so I could only imagine how little you would see at 12 dpo. I hope this gives you some hope. Try not to stress yourself too much, hun. I know easier said than done... I've been there, done that too. I am sending you positive thoughts and lots of :hugs: Please keep us updated!

I can't believe they did a sono at 12 dpo - I am 5 weeks today with a hcg of 264 (as of yesterday) and the doc that did the sono was like why are we doing it? We won't be able to see anything until 1500 hcg. so really its a wait and see game - hoping my numbers are up by Monday so we can see something because this is nerve racking!! You are still so early on though that really all you can do is watch the numbers. I feel your fear and frustration though - I have been spotting since Friday.

and the bleed could be the lesion. if thats where the baby burrowed in

Totally understand you are just trying to figure out what is going on because of the low hcg...however all you are doing is worrying yourself. Right now you are still in extremely early pregnancy. As for ectopic that only shows up if your hcg is rising too quickly. Please dont read into all these things as you will just end up scaring yourself. Often they can rule out ectopic pretty quickly as in the early stages something starts to appear. If nothing showed up in your tubes that would be why they ruled it out. Also its most likely because of the low hcg that has ruled it out. Honestly no matter how hard it is right now, you are best to just relax and take it easy. No more reading into anything. At this point you have stressed yourself out so much, that you are looking into any possible reason for it to not be a viable pregnancy. Although things look rough right now, you are no where near out yet. There is still a good chance that all might be well. At 20dpo i highly doubt much would be seen on us. But hopefully if the earlier us was showing the sac forming, hopefully it shows up more. Fx and dont get too worried yet you are still so very super early.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I personally can understand why they want to rule out ectopic. One of the signs is slow rising HCG, but honestly a scan this early isn't going to show much if anything. With my last ectopic, I was actually told that progesterone and HCG in combination was a decent indicator.

Here's hoping your body is just playing tricks with you.

When they thought I had a ectopic. It was my slow rising. Hcg & the levels were odd that concerned them. They also said they don't expect to see anything in the womb til around 1500hcg. They also look for free fluid in the utro pouch. And fluid round a ovary. But even without those signs they couldn't rule 1 out. So the opted for a laparoscopy to look at the tubes. But even after all that it wasn't ectopic. My numbers just never do what the doctors or consultant and science says it should lol. Good luck Hun xx

Gemstone

So you still ended up with a normal pregnancy with wonky numbers? I have little hope but considering I've had no pain and the bleeding stopped and tests are darker I can't help but hope.

Gemstone

So you still ended up with a normal pregnancy with wonky numbers? I have little hope but considering I've had no pain and the bleeding stopped and tests are darker I can't help but hope.

Yep hunny I did. 3 times!!!
My 4yr old is running running round the lounge now. And my 8month old is in my arms and had my 12 week scan today. They dated me 13 weeks so 3 days ahead. I'm what they call an oddity. My hcg never doubles. They don't look like they are in the uterine wall. They look free flowing. Looks like a pseudo sac. Yep I heard it all. Obviously ectopic is a life threatening thing and should never be ignored. So I always allow them to do what they need to do to check. They can also do a check where they push down on your tummy while giving you an internal. If you leap off the bed in pain where they have touched it's likely to be ectopic. Keep an open mind Hun. I hope your situation is the same as mine. And we just don't read the book of life 😂. Good luck Hun & all the best. Never lose hope 🙏🙏 for you xx

Fx for your scan today and hopefully there is at least a little extra positive. Never give up just yet :) we are all here for you. Trust me, so many pregnancies never go by the book.

Good luck today, we'll be thinking of you.

I completely understand your concern and certainly think anyone would worry in your situation and I'm glad they're checking your for ectopic.

But rest assured that numbers this early can be tricky and unreliable. Everyone is SO different!!!! As other posters have said, it for sure doesn't rule you out!

Keep us posted on how it goes and know that we're all hoping for the best for both you and the little bean.

Hope you got better results today...looking forward to hearing an update on how things went.

Ok so strange kinda update. Still completely in limbo.
Ultrasound results were classed as a blighted ovum as there was a gestational sac but no yolk or fetal pole. He did say nothing in it can be perfectlt normal for onky 5 weeks. Just realized I'm only 4 weeks 6 days by ovulation. They said the sac was an irregular shape. Notbinf in my tubes thank god. However the good news is my hcg went from 50 at 17dpo to 163 at 20dpo so it's now doubling ever 42 hours. I see my doctor on Friday and we will decide where to go from there.

Thats at least some good news so far. Lets just hope by the next time you get an ultrasound that little baby is in there and that it doesnt just turn out to be a blighted ovum. Fx for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->