Eczema mums - baby developed rash with diprobase and E45. What next????

NickyKB

Reaction score
My LO has eczema he seemed OK with diprobase for a bit as long as i only used it every few days otherwise he got a rash with it. His eczema has got worse recently so I was needing the moisuriser more than before and not only did it not help his eczema he got a really bad rash. I switched to E45 and it seemed to be helping the eczema patches (which i'm also putting some hydrocortisone on atm as they are quite bad) but when I put some on his tummy and chest at lunchtime as I noticed they were starting to get dry it's bought him out in a bright red rash wherever it touched within a couple of hours. I'm guessing this didn't happen on his legs because of the steroid going there as well but obviously I've now had to stop using it...

My questions is i'm now worried any cream is going to do the same... what creams are you using that work? Anyone had problems with allergy to the creams and found one their LO is ok with???

PS tried olive oil before the diprobase and it never did anything to help although i don't think he reacted to it so maybe it's worth another go???

Try coconut oil, it doesn't always work but is far better absorbed than oil and totally non allergenic xx

My DS3 was exactly the same with both those creams. What finally worked was a steriod cream for red patched (eumovate) and for daily use Oilatum (liquid you add to the bath water and the cream you use after the bath) Keep going back to your Dr until you get the right ones that suit him.

Cetreban cream
Oilatum cream
Aqueous cream (can be used to wash as well)
Balneum cream

Like pp said ask your Gp to prescribe a small tube of a new one and keep testing small areas of skin. When you find one that suits, the dr can then give you a larger tub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->