eczma

mickey

Reaction score
Juleika has a small patch of skin with a rush.

I am not sure if it is eczma and if I should go to see the GP :baby:

are there any specific indications of how eczma looks like?

red, dry patchy skin, commonly found back of knee's or arms.

Lucy has it really bad and it upsets me as its on her face, we have had steroid creams, aqeous crea, oilatum and she is currently on her 2nd dose of antibiotics for it.

All the Dr's say is that its very common and most grow out if it by the age of 3.

Good luck xx

I have eczema on my elbows (the inside) and on my face. It's red and itchy? I don't know what you should be looking for in babies but I'd see a doctor and they might be able to prescribe something

I think I had it in my teenage years at the iside of my elbows and now I have it on my hands if I have too much contact which cleaning products!

the rush Juleika has looks more like a heat rush to me!

it is red with red spots/blisters. she doesn't seem to be bothered about it, therefore I assume it is not itchy?

It can start of rashy and not itchy, Lucy was covered in a rashy face and not bothered, then it went away, but subsequently came back as a dry patch on her cheeks thats really red and flaky which she is itching non stop.

Speak to ur HV if u r concerned hun x

Lucy has it really bad and it upsets me as its on her face, we have had steroid creams, aqeous crea, oilatum and she is currently on her 2nd dose of antibiotics for it.

All the Dr's say is that its very common and most grow out if it by the age of 3.

Good luck xx

I have been to the NHS walk in centre twice about Olivia, Once last week and yesterday as I suspected she had eczma, they told me both times it was just dry skin and it would go and for me to leave it...

After not beleiving a word they said to me I booked her in at the doctors today who confirmed it was Eczma and hers too is on her face, around her ears and between her eyes and in her eyebrows. It upsets me also, it must be so uncomefortable for her too. I have been given some cream for Olivia which I need to apply 2x per day.

x

I decided to stop to use the johnson babyoil for the time being and go back to normal olive oil, as when we used the olive oil her skin was perfect.

the patch with the rush is gone. if it comes back whilst using the olive oil I will go to get it checked.

but so far her skin looks good again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"