EDD:01/03/2013-Anybody else?

omg, claire! That repairman is super creepy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling the same as you... I either wanna go early or late so that I am not too close to Christmas!

Omg Claire what a puke! Some people and their nerve.
Jess sorry you're feeling so awful! I've had back and hip pain but I've had that long before pregnancy so I just do my stretches and hope they help. I have to sleep 1/2 the night on the couch and half in bed because if I'm in the same place too long I can't get up in the morning. Only a couple more months left girls!
I also passed my glucose and when I looked at the Dr. report it had me low in hemoglobin, red blood cells and something else that means anemia but my Dr. didn't say anything about it and I forgot to ask at my appt yesterday! I hope I don't have to take anymore iron, I have enough issues going to the bathroom the way it is!
I know it's probably miserable for you girls, but I wish I had stronger kicks like you guys and more constant! I really only feel rolling around in the morning, periodically during the day, dinner time and a little when I lay down at night. But nothing constant and nothing super hard. Enough that DH can feel it though and we can see my belly moving all around (such an odd feeling/site---LOVE IT). Also, up 20.5 lbs as of yesterday. At the beginning my Dr. told me she only wanted me to gain 25---but I don't think I'll be making that goal...
How fun the showers are coming up! Mine is the 27th of this month---but I'm actually kind of dreading it. I hate that kind of stuff being up in front of people and all eyes on me. But, I've waited what seems like forever to be my turn, so I'm excited. I don't know about you guys, but I've been stalking my registry like kind of a crazy person.
Need some bump update pictures you gorgeous mommas!! I took one last Thur. so I'll try and post soon.

Wtf my shower is in 6 days and only 15 items have been bought from registry

How exciting!! How is everyone doing? I've been getting loads of twinges like a red hot poker, down from my cervix into my hoo hah. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy it takes my breath away!

Wtf my shower is in 6 days and only 15 items have been bought from registry

My last shower almost no one bought things from my registry. I'm not exactly sure why... Hope you get most of what you want though. I did in the end!

Mine's on Sunday and only 10 things have been purchased off ours. And one we bought and one my mom bought... I suppose one good thing about it is that we'll get a discount on the stuff that's not been purchased... :shrug:

I'm not having one. They aren't really popular round here and it's second time round anyway so I have a lot of stuff already. They do sound fun though.

How is everybody feeling?! I can't believe from now on we could start having some babies born in this group!!!!!!! Aahhh!!!!
How was everybody's showers? Mine was good, went this past weekend and got my breast pump and everything else I still needed and ended up spending close to $1000. I know every baby is different, but I'm trying to stock up on diapers but I'm not sure what sizes I should be getting more of. Do any of you ladies with experience have a definate size you used more of?
Jaime I'm guessing you were in the storm area----how bad have you had it!?

I am starting to really feel PREGNANT! I am so damn uncomfortable! My muscles hurt in my va jay jay too! WTF?!

I had my shower on Nov 3rd and it was really nice! We had a few people cancel due to the hurricane earlier in the week. People couldn't get to the shower because there were barely any gas stations open and if you were lucky to find one, it was a 3 hour wait for gas!!!!! My house didn't get damaged, but my neighborhood looks like a war zone and there are so many 50 ft trees down or uprooted and trees that fell in people's houses. I live 10 minutes from the Jersey Shore and it's so sad to see how many people are completely without houses now. It's really sad. My husband and I were without power for 10 days and it was brutal!!! We are still renovating the house, so needless to say the lack of power for almost 2 weeks really set us back. Like I said though so many people lost their homes, so I can't complain.

I got so many needed things at my shower! I do need to buy about $600 worth of stuff still, so I hear ya on that! I need to get a breast pump too. Which one did you get?? I was registered for a dual electric pump by tommee tippee, but it didn't get the best reviews so now I am torn!

The baby is moving so much and because it's nearing the end, my stomach is so tight that I can see his kicks/punches and sometimes I have a crooked belly depending where he is laying!! It's so cool!

I'm sorry you suffered so badly with the storm. We had terrible flooding here a few years back, and lots of people I know were left homeless for a long time as their houses were destroyed. It's so very sad. I hope everybody recovers soon.
I can't believe how close we are to the end. My cervix feels super tender and I feel so crammed full of baby! I also can't believe how quickly it's gone. I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks thinking about getting ready for Christmas so I can forget about it as much as possible.
Korink with the nappies/diapers are you using disposable or cloth? In my experience I would say just to get plenty of the first couple of sizes and take it from there. They grow out of them pretty quickly but they certainly go through them, especially at first. My 3 year old still uses them and we use about 4 a day but babies go through at least double that.

Omg Jaime I can't even imagine all that destruction---and 10 days without power? I don't even think we realize how much we need power for until we don't have it! You poor thing, must have been miserable. I got a Medela duel electric breastpump----this is the one I got https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2815290 (and I'm actually pissed cuz I just noticed it's now $20 cheaper than what I paid last weekend!) It was the one that was recommended by a couple friends and actually at my breastfeeding class it's the one they suggested---so not sure if that would work with the bottles you already have but I've heard good things about it.
Thanks for the info Claire---right now I have a lot of size 1's, some newborns and some 2's and 3's.
Oh and Jaime---you look adorable! I have been so lacking on pictures----I haven't taken one since 28 weeks and I meant to take them every other week starting at 28 weeks!
And I'm still feeling pretty good, not too uncomfortable. Probably because I had no muscles in my stomach to begin with, so my stomach is just stretching with no resistance :) It is crazy seeing our stomach's move and have them be all lopsided! I hope I actually get to see an outline of a foot or hand like some women get to see.
I'm so excited for thanksgiving and christmas---love this time of year!!!! I think it's going to make these last few weeks FLY by!

Kelsey- I bet you can bring ur receipt and get the 20 bucks off! I think I'm gonna suck it up and get that pump. Everyone is recommending it. I may just get the single pump bc I don't plan on going back to work anytime soon after. I just want to pump so my husband can have the joy of feeding and I know my mom will want to give him a bottle too

I think there's either a head or a bum trying to escape! I feel a big round thing poking out the front of my belly! :rofl:

I've always got a butt or a head sticking out by my belly button too (I think that's what it is anyway)!!
I just asked my Dr. when they start checking what position the baby is in and she said 36 weeks. I always ask her if she could feel and tell me what is what in there (is this an arm, is this the head ect) because I hear other people's Dr's telling them but she won't check.

I am so non educated about all this! Do they check by an internal exam? We don't get any more ultrasounds, right?

I was supposed to get one at 28 weeks and never did. I'm not sure what happens toward the end with a singleton pregnancy. I had a LOT of ultrasounds with the boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->