EDD question??

kittiekat

Reaction score
Just had my confirmation appointment at the drs and he has given me an EDD of 18th June, which makes me around 5w 5days. The problem is I didn't ovulate on day 14 but rather on CD26 which is nearly two weeks later. So going off ovulation my EDD is 28th June which makes me 4w 2days.

Which should I be going off? Surely if I go off theirs the baby may measure or weigh less than it should. Plus I really need to reach 6 weeks, as I have never had a pg go past that mark but by their date I am nearly there but by mine I have another 2 weeks nearly.

I just don't know what to think at the moment.........who would have thought that dating a pg would be so hard work lol!!!

i ovulate early so my number doesn't make sense either when going off of lmp so from what i've read you take your ovulation day +266 and that should be your due date

They go by LMP and not ovulation. Once you have youre scan you will probably get another EDD Congrats and hugs

They'll be able to give you a more accurate EDD at your first scan
I got put back 5 days so your EDD will probably change anyway according to size of baby
X

Thanks everyone,

So should I just go off their EDD then? And presume I am nearly 6 weeks?

Id go by my ovulation date if you know when that was..

..working it out by the last period is a really rough guide they used to give you some idea until your dating scan because they assume most people dont know when they ovulated :) xxx

Hello!
You're nearly exactly the same as me - my EDD is 18th June, but I know it should be a bit later as ovulated around CD20. Am waiting till my dating scan to change ticker etc - too depressing at this point to put it back as we've waited so long! :blush:

Rachel x

No you go by their EDD because if you go by ovulation date you are going by gestational age which isnt how pregnancy works. You count up to 2 weeks before youre conception I think. So if youre ticker right now is going by ovulation that means youre baby can actually be 6 weeks around. I hope I made sense.. My pregnancy is 11.4 weeks gestational age and 13.4 weeks pregnancy.

No you go by their EDD because if you go by ovulation date you are going by gestational age which isnt how pregnancy works. You count up to 2 weeks before youre conception I think. So if youre ticker right now is going by ovulation that means youre baby can actually be 6 weeks around. I hope I made sense.. My pregnancy is 11.4 weeks gestational age and 13.4 weeks pregnancy.

Isnt it Ovulation plus two weeks tho.....if i went by my last period id be about 12 wees now because im irregular and haven't had one for a while...

....i know when i ovulated tho so i go from that and count ovulation as week 2 instead of when my period actually was

If you don't know youre lmp then you add two weeks to when you think you conceieved. I am pretty sure thats how i works. So if I concived 11.4 weeks ago then I add 2 weeks to that which makes my pregnancy 13.4 weeks. The thing is woman can concieve and be wrong by a few days. For all I know I could have concieved 2 days after I ovulated. Thats why the ultrasounds are the best bet for EDD. You are going to be off by a few days or you will be lucky and be right on the dot. Gosh I hope I really explained right. I suck with explaining. I tried to find a site but cant seem to. They all just count from LMP lol

Yea ovulation+2 weeks eventhough a woman can ovulate 1-2 week window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->