[EDITED] Trying for over a year.... :(

HL2014x

Reaction score
My husband and I have been together since July last year and got married last month. We have been TTC#1 for the past 6 months and had no luck.

I know they say it's normal to be trying for a year but I was single a month before we got together and was NTNP with a guy for eight months before that so it comes to over a year of trying and still nothing. I was told that I shouldn't really count my partner before as he might have had a problem which is why I didn't get pregnant but we both got tests done and we were both told by the doctor there should be no reason why we couldn't conceive naturally so neither of us were the problem.

And my husband was a virgin before he met me so I doubt very much he'd be the reason why I wasn't getting pregnant... maybe I'm not timing it right? I've been tracking on my calendar and also used ovulation strips to pinpoint my fertile days more accurately.

On my last cycle in July AF came (as regular) in the middle of the month, on the 14th. I used an ovulation tracker to work out I would be ovulating 11 days after the first day of my period so this worked out to be July 25th. On the 24th I did an ovulation test and the test line was quite darker than the control line so I took this as a positive (please tell me if I was wrong)

We made love on that Friday, Saturday and Sunday and had been waiting until the 11th of this month for AF to arrive but... nothing! No bleeding, spotting, bloating, sickness or cramps. BUT I have had a lot of lower back pain and feeling A LOT more tired than usual... does this mean anything?

Sorry if this is TMI but my breasts have been really tender and sensitive this last week or so, like they never have before. At first I thought it was me enjoying the sensations of what my husband was doing but he's done it plenty before and I never got tingles or tenderness like this, and even sometimes my nipples have been a little bit sore... again I'm not sure if that means anything (I must sound so stupid, knowing nothing!)

AF comes regularly every month (around the 14th) and if she's ever 2-3 days late it is due to stress, but even then I get cramps, slight spotting, or something. This time I've had NOTHING! My husband and I are going to test tomorrow and we are very excited...We are hoping for a BFP!!!!

Can anyone give me any advice or opinion on my situation, or what I could be doing wrong to not conceive.

Thanks!

just wanted to say that your husband being a virgin doesn't affect whether or not his sperm are healthy. they could still be a factor. but they might not be. you wouldn't know without getting some kind of sperm analysis done, as far as i understand.

also, fertility friend says that even if we time everything 100% perfectly, the chance of getting pregnant is still only 20-25%...:dohh: so there might not be any actual reason for not getting pregnant. it could just be timing. it could just be you are in that other 75-80% each month.

BUT, sounds promising this time around...no AF and symptoms that aren't normal for you all sound like good signs! i'd say :test: haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->