Educate me on Baby Bullet please?

LadySekhmetDJ

Reaction score
Hello BTDT moms!

I know I don't have to worry about feeding LO for another year. :haha: But it doesn't hurt to be a little prepared if Baby decides to wean off breastfeedings earlier and such.

I've heard many pros and many cons with Baby Bullet. The biggest drawback is the fact that I already have Nutribullet with two small cups, and it'll do just the same thing, if not, better (due to stronger motor). I have the milling and the blending blades. It shouldn't be that hard to find little jars to pour the purees in.

Am I right?

Secondly - how difficult is it really and is the price for fresh fruit/veggies cheaper than buying jarred baby food (Gerber for example)? Will it really make a difference if I do both jar food and pureed food? Lastly, how long would I expect to make pureed food before transitioning to solids? I'm assuming I can find the recipe for pureed baby food pretty much anywhere on the internet with the help of Mr. Google.

Thanks!
(I did do a search, but it doesn't read "baby bullet" very well...it separates the two words...way too many posts on Baby. LOL!)

I don't even know what a baby bullet is! :shrug: But I'd say don't think too much about it just yet until you decide how you want to feed your baby and what works best for you. You don't have to do purees. Lots of people don't. We did baby-led weaning and it's just finger foods and normal adult food (minus things like whole nuts, raisins, honey at first). No purees, no spoon feeding ever. Actually my daughter won't even let me spoon feed her. If I want to give her yogurt for instance, I have to put it in a cup with a straw and she sucks it up herself. And I wouldn't go crazy with some fancy appliance anyway even if you decide you do want to do purees. They only have pureed food for a few months before they should move on to mashed or lumpy foods or finger foods anyway. You can do all that stuff in whatever you already have. Just a hand blender and a mixing cup will work just fine. And you don't need any recipes either. If you want to stick with simple foods, just steam them and blend them (apple, carrot, avocado, carrot and parsnip, etc.), but really you can just blend up whatever food you are eating in most cases (minus added salt and sugar). That's really the easiest way to do it and gets your baby used to normal food tastes right away. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whatever you already have will work just fine if you decide that's the route you want to take.

(But I'll still make another shameless plug for baby-led weaning! It's great! My baby ate a whole banana, a whole hard-boiled egg, some chinese stir fry, and some baked salmon filet today, no pureeing or cleaning equipment necessary). :thumbup:

I didn't know what the bullet is so just googled!

I primarily do TW but offer finger foods alongside and have done from early on. The 'main meal' is pureed, and fingerfoods of veg, cheese, baby puffs,toast etc are offered alongside too.

I've just used a hand blender for pureeing and it's so easy. I got some cheap baby food storage pots for the freezer to store the purees. In the early days I would use an electric steamer to steam veg and fruit to soften before pureeing but I use it less now he is on proper meals, I'll just puree a beef casserole or whatever.

I don't find this to be a 'hassle' and he won't be on purees forever.

I have a baby bullet... Got it as a gift.

It's just like my single serve Hamilton blender....

BUT it has cute little jars, and the silicon ice tray is pretty nice, as it fits the little jar perfectly... But. Don't I think that's worth the price TBH... :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->