Egg Collection Tomorrow

Mexx

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm having my egg collection tomorrow morning.... and i'm so nervous! I know i'm going to be sedated but not sure what to expect as never had sedation before. Any words of wisdom / advice?
Anyone else at the same stage in treatment at the moment?
xx

I had my first ever egg collection last Wednesday and I was a complete wreck the days leading up to it..
My one piece of advice is take some lucozade or similar with you for after (I stupidly assumed I would be able to eat/drink as normal- but think I suffered from dehydration from lack of water due to nil by mouth from night before- I wasn't able to eat or drink anything after my collection and ended up on a drip for 2 hours before I could leave) we had 2 hour journey home and had to keep stopping so I could get some air and stretch my legs as I felt SO sick!!
If I had some lucozade I would have been much better!!
Other than that just try and relax, it's a nerve wracking time and nothing really helps but trust me it will be over before you know it and you'll be too excited to hear how many eggs they collect!!
Good luck :) x

Thank you! I've just dispatched hubby to Tesco to buy some Lucozade for after. We also have a fair journey home - probably about an hour and a half depending on city centre traffic.

I really do appreciate your reply. Prob I'll be back tomorrow to ask about the transfer!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you also... you'll be testing a week before me xx

Also take something to read while you wait - we waited about 1.5 hours before I was seen (as we are on NHS they get everyone in to get ready at the same time then do one at a time - luckily I was second out of 5 but still a bit of a wait! But due to being put on a drip I was the last to leave :( was gutted!)

Thank you! I'll go and get a book now :) Appreciate these tips. Hopefully I'll be able to help others too once I've been through it x

No problem am happy to help (can't believe I was in your shoes last week - it goes so quick!)
Good luck for tomorrow

Hi Mexx,
I hope your EC went well! How are you feeling? I had EC today - 8 eggs retrieved. Good luck with everything!!

Hey, it went ok thanks. Had 6 eggs collected and 3 fertilised. Going back on Monday for transfer. Have you heard how many of yours fertilised and when you are going back?
I'm all kinds of excited / nervous etc at the same time now. Trying to remain realistic too xx

Well done :) I had 8 collected, 4 were mature and 3 fertilised. Had 2 put back in on day 3 and none to freeze :( is yours a day 5 transfer?

Yes I've got a 5dt but only allowed to put one back due to NHS rules :(

Good luck with your two. When will you be testing? xx

Aw mine must be really poor then as I'm NHS too but they said about putting them both in, they wouldn't have made it to freezing and they said they were average with fragmentation :/
Test date they gave me is the 20th(week today)x

I think different NHS areas interpret rules differently :(
Would have loved to put two back .... You might end up with twins :) how exciting!!

Yeah u guess. Yeah we had to sign a form saying we were having two and we know the risks of twins..! Eek!

How exciting :)
Am eager to go back tomorrow to get update xxx

It is exciting, good luck, do you know when you test?

No I've not been told.
I'll find out tomorrow when I go for transfer.

It's a 5dt but not sure how many days after is normal

Oh yeah of course. Mine is two whole weeks after transfer which seems ages!! I'm not going to test early though.. :/ x

That would make mine Monday 29th.

I'm going to try not to test early but as it's christmas and then hubby birthday and our wedding anniversary on the 28th I might hehe

But mine was 3 day transfer so maybe yours would be sooner? I don't know lol. Ooh exciting! I feel so nervous about testing I'm convinced it won't be positive :/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->