Egg Collection Tomorrow

:( you've got to try and stay positive. You've got every chance in the world that it will be positive xxxxx

Hi Mexx and Chimmi,
Yesterday they told me that 4 eggs were mature and fertilized (out of the 8 retrieved). We will hear tomorrow if we still have any in the running and we will have a 5-day transfer on Wednesday if all goes well. My official test date will be the Monday after Christmas. Not sure if I will test sooner. I always have in the past, but I might wait it out this time. :winkwink:

Mexx,
How are you doing post-retrieval? I didn't take their advice and ate the wrong foods. I'm so bloated and constipated - ugh! Sorry TMI.

What foods aren't you supposed to eat? I was constipated for daaaays :(

I didn't get given any advice regarding foods, so I've eaten what I fancied. Probably the wrong things as also bloated and constipated. I thought maybe the progesterone was the cause of the uncomfortable tummy.

Heading off in 2 hours for transfer. Out of curiosity I tested with an IC test and it's showing as positive post trigger.

I'm excited to find out when my official test date is :) Also, currently trying to decide how much time to have off work.... definitely off today but should I take more.... being pulled two ways!

How are you both feeling?

xx

I had no advice either, had to do emergency run to boots to get some fybogel which I'm having every day since it's great (and my normal prune juice as I suffer anyway..)
Good luck for transfer, hope all goes well.
I had a week off after transfer (2 weeks in total) and today was my first day back in work, I felt so sad this morning before I went in, I've spent the whole week with my dog and is been lush and now I have to leave him again :(
It wasn't bad though and the morning so far went so fast! Just counting down the days until I can test on Saturday..! Eek :/ x

Wow Chimmi, Saturday will be here before you know it! Exciting!!

Mexx, Good luck with the transfer! My clinic says it's ok to go back to work the next day, but I think it's nice if you are able to take a little more time to take it easy.

My clinic told me not to eat any greasy or heavy foods after the EC. But I forgot how much the anesthesia dries you up and I ate a bagel with bacon and cheese, Mexican food, coffee . . . Uh oh! Since Saturday I've been drinking lots of water and eating vegetables galore, prunes, etc. - finally doing much better!

Oh and I got my Day 3 update. All four are still in the running. 3 have 6 cells and one is a morula.

Not many sleeps now till Saturday. Exciting!

I survived the transfer. Uncomfortable but ok. Home again now and taking it easy. I've rung in sick for the next 3 days. Going in on Friday but will be taking it very easy when I'm there.

Got my test date - it's December 26th so Boxing Day. I think the waiting much be the worst bit :(

Ah that's nice you can relax for a few days, remember to keep your feet warm (I read that if you have cold feet then your body works on warming them up as they are furthest from the heart, but if they are already warm you have more blood flow to the womb to help with implantation!)
Ooh Boxing Day!! At least you have Xmas eve/day etc to help your final days go quickly!x

Thanks Chimmi - I'd not heard that about the feet. I'll make sure I do that :)

No problem, no idea if it's true though but won't do any harm!! I suffer from really cold feet all through the year so I've been having a hot water bottle for my tootsies or fluffy socks :)

As soon as I read your message I sent hubby to make a hot water bottle for my feet. I'm odd in that when I go to bed I like having cold/ cool feet lol. Hubby thinks I'm daft!
Whether it works or not, I'll be glad I tried :) thank you xx

How is everyone feeling?

I'm feeling calm but impatient!

I've been testing out the trigger shot and today it was very light, barely there. So its lasted about 9 days. I think tomorrow might be the last day I can see it.

I feel this TWW is the longest ever!!!

Hi Ladies,
Well, I'm PUPO now! They put in 2 grade "BB" blastocysts. 1 of the four had arrested and the other one they're keeping an eye on to see if it will freeze, but I'm not expecting that.

Chimmi - are you managing to wait it out till Saturday or will you test at home before?

Mexx - TWW is the worst! Both times in the past I POAS'ed at home and got faint positive at about 6dp5dt. Can't decide if I'll wait it out this time or not. Christmas will be a good distraction. We're traveling next Sunday for a week with family.

I wore fluffy socks to the transfer!!

I started bleeding brown a bit yesterday with AF cramps, but nothing progressed. Clinic said to increase progesterone to 3 x daily (as it could be implantation bleed) and test Friday instead of Saturday (as Friday is their last working day- now they tell me!)
There's a bit of red now when I wipe. I am so upset my husband banned me from going to work today and tomorrow and is tying to get hold of my manager. Am devastated, didn't even know AF could come before test day!

Chimmi, how are you doing? I'm so sorry :( Fingers crossed for a positive outcome xxx

I'm feeling very out .... like its not my month. Still playing the waiting game here.

Oh the test was negative yesterday, so was told to stop the progesterone and now AF is gradually getting heavier and more painful. Got our follow up appointment on 30th as they had a cancellation so can discuss our next cycle..! Fingers crossed for you don't give up yet, when do you test?

I'm sorry hun. Hope the appointment on the 30th goes well. I'm glad you've not got to wait long to speak to someone.

Official test date should be Christmas day... two weeks after collection.... :/ I'd really like to know either way by Christmas eve

I came down with a sickness and diarrhoea bug last night. It's making me think I'm out as I literally couldn't keep anything down :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->