Egg donation abroad anyone???

MissyMooMoo

Bethany Alice is here!
Reaction score
Hi there, I just wanted to share my story with you and to also see if anybody else is also doing the same. I would be very interested to know if there are any ladies and if so we could be here for each other and share stories. :flower:

I am 41, .....42 in June. I have decided to go down the donor egg road. So we will be having the treatment in St Petersburg in Russia. I am having 2 eggs transfered at blasocyst stage. My first consultation is 18th Feb and then we go back in March for the transfer. I am really excited but a little nervous.

It took a long time to get to this decision but now I know in my heart it is the right decision. My OH is 33 so he will be using his sperm. Our Little Russian Doll will be half him and very much loved!!! The donors there are young, healthy and attractive and have to have proven fertility, where they have 1 or more children, with the average age being 26 so you know they are fertile. They also have to go through medical assessments etc etc. There is anonymousity there still and they do get rewarded, so therefore there is no massive waiting list there and the success rates are 69%!!!! 72% if using donor embryo!!!

We are both really excited about it and can't wait to go.

I just wondered if I could share my journey with any other ladies that may be doing the same thing. Would be lovely to hear from you.

:thumbup:

Missymoomoo- I'm not in the same boat but wanted to wish you the best of luck!!!! You are going to be charing giving birth to this child & I believe that makes a great connection between you and what I am sure is goig to be a beautiful child!!!! Best of luck & fx for that quick BFP!!!!

Awww thank you so much Pr and Tr that is such a lovely thing to say! :hugs:

Just wana say good luck!!! :D After Ive had 2 babies I'm gona look into egg donation, don't know if Id fit the criteria tho! Only fair to donate my eggs if I'm using a donor for sperm!

Just wana say good luck!!! :D After Ive had 2 babies I'm gona look into egg donation, don't know if Id fit the criteria tho! Only fair to donate my eggs if I'm using a donor for sperm![/QUOTE

Thanks for wishing me good luck. Aww I think that's a wonderful idea to donate your eggs!:thumbup:

As a previous donor I just wanted to wish you best of luck.
I know it's a big decision to go the DE route! Are you going to use someone who has cycled previously? I know it was a little bit of a smoother process after my first donation. I wish you a good cycle with lots of great embryos!

I know it's a big decision to go the DE route! Are you going to use someone who has cycled previously? I know it was a little bit of a smoother process after my first donation. I wish you a good cycle with lots of great embryos!

Awww thanks. Yes the donors have all cycled previously and have at least 1 child of their own. :thumbup:

Awww thanks. Yes the donors have all cycled previously and have at least 1 child of their own. :thumbup:

That's what you want! Yay! :happydance:

Wow, since my husband is the infertile one, I'm debating between using a donor, and donating my eggs (there's some good ones, and they might as well get used!). Hope it all goes well in Russia!

I am, but in the UK not abroad - we have our initial appointment on Friday then will be on the waiting list (6-10 months apparently)

I am, but in the UK not abroad - we have our initial appointment on Friday then will be on the waiting list (6-10 months apparently)

Oh cool which clinic is it you are going with?:thumbup:

Care Northampton - mainly cuz their waiting list is so much better than any others I've found (and it was recommended by my NHS consultant, so am assuming they have a decent reputation)
If you don't mind me asking - what are the fees like at your Russian clinic?

Half that of the UK ones basically. Success rates are better also as they use Donor that are not having IVF treatment and you receive ALL their eggs so more go to Blasocyst Stage (day 5) ready to hatch. They do not believe in using Donors who undergo IVF treatment. They all have at least 1 child and have proven success with other cycles.

missy
can't believe i have just found this- i have just been told by fs that my only real chance of having a child is donor egg so looks like i will be joining you but in uk. i am really interested in russia though and would love some more info if you don't mind pm me etc. i am going to care sheffield where i had my failed ivf/icsi waiting list 01-11 months and i hink about 4,500 with 35-40 % chance if sucess i will be 42 in december and didn't respond very well to stimulation. just also considering giving it one more go with higher drugs just to see if i can but so glad to chat to someone in similar situation good luck with everything x

missy
can't believe i have just found this- i have just been told by fs that my only real chance of having a child is donor egg so looks like i will be joining you but in uk. i am really interested in russia though and would love some more info if you don't mind pm me etc. i am going to care sheffield where i had my failed ivf/icsi waiting list 01-11 months and i hink about 4,500 with 35-40 % chance if sucess i will be 42 in december and didn't respond very well to stimulation. just also considering giving it one more go with higher drugs just to see if i can but so glad to chat to someone in similar situation good luck with everything x

Oh Lovely to hear from you!!! :flower::thumbup:

Yes I will PM you now. The success rate for the particular doctor that is very highly respected is called Dr Olga and her personal success rates are 72%!!!! Astonishing isn't it. The only negative side is that you need a visa to get there but that is the only negative side. But if that gets you a lil beanie baby who cares eh! haha :haha:

good luck ladys me and my dh are going for surragacy in india hopefull i will have eggs to use but i am 40 now so never no whats going on down there it has a mind of its own and if my eggs are ok we might have to use sperm doner anyway i am also very lucky that i do have 2 grown up sons from 21 years ago but i now have been told i cant carry another baby due to a illness i had a few years ago i hope all goes well and you should blog you journey i have reado some fantastic blogs it does make you see a light at the end of the tunnal good luck again x

good luck ladys me and my dh are going for surragacy in india hopefull i will have eggs to use but i am 40 now so never no whats going on down there it has a mind of its own and if my eggs are ok we might have to use sperm doner anyway i am also very lucky that i do have 2 grown up sons from 21 years ago but i now have been told i cant carry another baby due to a illness i had a few years ago i hope all goes well and you should blog you journey i have reado some fantastic blogs it does make you see a light at the end of the tunnal good luck again x

i need spell check hehehe

Hi there Faye, Lovely to hear from you :flower: and good luck in your Surragacy in India. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. When are you going out there? You said I should blog my journey which would be cool. How do I do this? :shrug:

Hi ladies, I am also going to be going through egg donation but in Spain. I have an appointment there next week where the Doctor will look at my characteristics and match me up with a donor there. I am not sure how long the waiting list is, my problem is I work in a school so am restricted to school holidays. So when they have a donor for me, I am told the day before the eggs are collected and I have 2 days then to get to Spain. I had to explain my situation to them so they have assured me that the eggs can be frozen until I can visit Spain and this will not have any impact on the success rate. Its so stressful. I am 43 and my partner is 42. I was told 2 years ago that I would probably never conceive as I was likely to have an early menopause but I discovered in February this year that I had conceived. Unfortunately we had a miscarriage and have now accepted that egg donation is our only option. Life is so unfair isn't. I really wish that I had taken the choice about 10 years ago and had my own eggs frozen but this is no longer an option for me. I wish everyone going through this all the luck in the world, and hopefully one day we will all have a little bundle to look after. xxxx:hug::hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->