Egg Rule? When can baby child have egg white?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I know your only suppose to give LO egg yolk until a certain age but whats the age? Do I still need to only be giving Caitlin 17/18 months only egg yolk?

x

yeah its 12 months I'm sure, she will be fine to have all the egg now x

Yup, one year see how she is with it. No one with egg allergies in your fam?

omg i never knew this! i tried maddi on a little egg the other day but it was all of it!!! she wasn't that keen :dohh: thanks for the thread wobbles! x x

Oh dear! I didnt know neither!! Ive given my lo very tiny morsals of well cooked egg. Not any more.

Oh dear! I didnt know neither!! Ive given my lo very tiny morsals of well cooked egg. Not any more.

me too! i'm sure a tiny bit doesn't matter! i'm so glad i no now - maddi wasn't keen on well cooked scrambled egg unfortunately :(

the others already answered it... I think that alot of the reccomendations have alot to do with your family history of allergies too... If your families dont have alot of allergies, many things are ok... I think mervs mum said she gives hebe whole eggs (sorry if im wrong) and it fine with them...

I give Oliver whole eggs. I scramble them, then spread it onto bread and he loves it! Like Ryder said, it's closer linked to family allergies etc.

My HV said you can give well cooked egg from 6 months. Says the same on direct gov website too. Doesn't differenciate between yolk and white. Thomas loves cheese omelate!

Ryder's right - I have given scrambled egg. I'll limit them but only in the same way I limit them for me and all the family. I mentioned it to my HV and she said it was fine....:dohh:.....so goodness knows.....

Dec has always had the whole egg from about 6 months. I knew the whole no egg white until a certain age but I wasnt overly concerned about it as we are not a family of allergies.

I give Jack whole eggs scrambled and have had no probs x

i thought it was 6m?? i thought the whites thing was after that woman that shagged john major cam out with some health scare but it got discounted??

I asked my HV about this yesterday. She said that it is fine from 6 months to give whole eggs so long as they are cooked through. The advice relates to the risk of salmonella which little ones would struggle to deal with. She said the rules are no dippy eggs, so no runny yolks. Think about it, sponge cake and stuff like that has whole eggs in it and they are cooked through (she said you can give sponge cake but haven't tried that one yet!)

eeks i have given Amelia omelette a couple of times too, but we don't have any family allergies.

I waited til after 12 months to give Noah eggs. Brad tried it while I was at work. He had a horrible reaction(runny nose, turned bright red, welts, swelling). We have no allergy in our family though. The allergist said its a common thing in preemies though. We are hoping he grows out of this, because so many things contain eggs!

How close do these allergies need to be in your family? My brother is allergic to nuts and was allergic to ALL kinds, egg, fish, milk :shock: I'm going to be a nervous wreck feeding my baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->