egg testing

Chilli

Very lucky Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
I'm 39 and struggling to concieve. Have had 2 mmcs and 2 chemos in last 2 years - are there any tests that can be done to check the quality of my eggs or do I just keep on trying til I give up? PS I had DD 3 and 1/2 years ago

They can't test the quality of the eggs - just the reserve. The theory is that as the reserve gets lower, so does the quality of eggs - but this doesn't apply to all the eggs, just some of them won't be as good quality. And it only takes one good egg! (i have a pretty low reserve and still managed to get pg, albeit with a little help...) have you had any tests done at all?

You can get an FSH test which is a simple blood test done to give you an idea of the egg reserve. This is best done on CD3 of your cycle and you can just get a referal for the blood test from your doc. Good luck hun. :hugs:

Thanks for your replies - yes I have had tests done at St M.s in London, FSH test was 12 which he told me was ok?!! SO hopefully that means I'm ok to keep TTC - doesn't it?

I've heard that Clomid can increase the quality of your eggs, so may be worth looking into if you're worried about quality ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->