Elected c section or natural what's best? Update decision made for me today bit miffed:(

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I've request to have a elected c section this time because with my last pregnancy the labour and birth was just so traumatic.
I was induced at 35+4 due to pre eclampsia and cholestasis of pregnancy.
I hemorrhaged after giving birth and my placenta came away in tiny pieces (due to the pre eclampsia and cholestasis) and I was rushed to theatre where I was told I wud have to have a full hysterectomy if they cudnt stop the bleeding.
I remember going in and out of consciousness and the pain was excruciating until they put me to sleep. I ended up staying in hospital for a week because I ended up getting a sever kidney infection and my DD was in SCBU for 16 days.
It was all very scary.

Anyway I was diognosed with cholestasis of pregnancy again with this pregnancy but I was diognosed at just 17 weeks.
I was put on medication but have been told this baby will be early and I will be induced again .

So I've requested to have an elective c section this time because I really am terrified of doing it naturally with all the trauma I had last time.
Esp since aging I have cholestasis so it's highly high risk I will hemorrhage again.

Ive only ever given birth naturally and have never had a c section and was wondering if any you have had a similar experience to me and opted for a c section and how it went?

I just feel this time I wud like to be in a more controlled situation and I think I wud feel safer for me and my baby have a section.
Any advice wud be great.

I've never bad a section, but a friend of mine had 3 she cant give birth naturally because her pelvis is to small or something and honestly, she wouldn't have it any other way she likes being in control and even she said the healing process isn't as bad as everyone makes out :)

Well you could bleed just as bad with a section so there is that risk. The recovery is longer for a section.

I've had 2 sections *not elected*, then a vaginal and this one will be vaginal.

I've never bad a section, but a friend of mine had 3 she cant give birth naturally because her pelvis is to small or something and honestly, she wouldn't have it any other way she likes being in control and even she said the healing process isn't as bad as everyone makes out :)

Been doing alot of studying and watching you tube videos . I just want to make sure I'm as educated as possible b4 I make the final decision. The section is winning so far. But still alot more studying to do b4 my appointment on 9th July.

Well you could bleed just as bad with a section so there is that risk. The recovery is longer for a section.

I've had 2 sections *not elected*, then a vaginal and this one will be vaginal.

That's exactly it hon I read that u can hemorrhage with a section as well.
My midwife thinks a c section wud be the best option for me this time just because the last time I almost died.
I've also had a liver transplant in 2011
And have cholestasis so will not be able to go full term.
I think what scared me the most last time was the amount of pain I was in and the way the placenta came out in little pieces and so much blood oh my gosh my husband said it looked like something out of a horror movie.
They had to press the emergency buzzer on the wall and so many doctors and midwives came running in and I remember the doctor having his whole hand and arm up there and then being rushed into theatre it was so scary.

I've been doing some research and watching some YouTube videos because I want to really weigh up the pros and cons b4 I make a final decision.
It will be interesting to see what my high risk pregnancy consultant says when I see her on the 9th July.
I will just go with what ever is safest for the baby.
At the end of day he comes first.
How are you doing hon?

Can you get a doula or discuss pain options for a vaginal birth? That way you are set up for that but can also say " ok I tried for 2 hours, I'm ready for the section" (making that up but you get the idea)

Can you get a doula or discuss pain options for a vaginal birth? That way you are set up for that but can also say " ok I tried for 2 hours, I'm ready for the section" (making that up but you get the idea)

Great idea sweety but sadly we cant effort a doula. I'm lucky in the respect i have alot of support because my pregnancy is so high risk. So I have alot of medical professionals to talk to and help me decide what's best.

I've got to choose between being induced or have a c section. It wud be nice to be able to just go into labour on my own but sadly that's been taken out of my hands with my gestational complications. I'm also at high risk of developing pre eclampsia again so that makes me so nervous.
I guess I'll just go with what my high risk Ob/gyn prefers. Shes an amazing doctor so if she says a c section is more risky then I'll just have to go for the induction again or if she says induction is more risky I will opt for the c section.

Oh gosh decisions decisions Haha.

My only options for pain relief with a vaginal is gas and air which just makes u feel like u have been drinking and a little woozy (doesn't really help with the pain)
They dont give u morphine in the UK when ure in labour so that's not an option and I'm not aloud pethadine. I'm able to have an epidural but for some reason they always turn them off when it gets to the pushing bit so u feel everything. I think if they kept u numb the whole way through it wud be great.
Why they turn it off for the most painful part boggles me. They say its because u cant push properly and they like u to feel when u have to push but it's to painful I dont think I can go through it again. B4 my placenta started coming out I actually thought I was having another baby like a twin or something because all the contractions got so painful I was actually crying because the pain was so extreme. I was shouting there must be a twin what's going on but it was my body trying to get the bits of placenta out.
It also took a really long time to recover.

I've spoken to a friend and a family member who have both has vaginal and c sections and asked for there honest opinion and they said the c section was alot better alot calmer.
I'm still not decided tho.

Are doulas more expensive there? Mine is $750.

You'll make the best choice for you!

In the end you should do whatever is best for you. You aren’t any less of a mum or weaker if you choose a c section over being induced. Reading your story, I’d be going with the c section. But you need to just do you xx

In the end you should do whatever is best for you. You aren’t any less of a mum or weaker if you choose a c section over being induced. Reading your story, I’d be going with the c section. But you need to just do you xx

Thank you for your reply hon. I will have a good chat with my high risk ob/gyn about it when I see what she says then go from there.

Oh wow $750 to pay for someone to be in the birthing room with you??? Dont tell my partner that for god sake he will expect a payment hahaha!

Suggerhoney what you said about epidurals being turned off at the end makes me sad :( I only wanted an epidural so I don't feel the stinging and the burning! The contractions I'm fine with lol! I've had 2 natural deliveries with just gas and air and was hoping for my 3rd and final baby to be pain free! Never mind, I guess a water birth is my final option now I don't need a section and an epidural doesn't even do what I want it too! Have to brace myself for the burn! And to think some people enjoy this hahaha <3

Yes there quite expensive hon. Always the way

I didn't even know we done them here lol! I only heard of it being popular in America and places like that!

Oh wow $750 to pay for someone to be in the birthing room with you??? Dont tell my partner that for god sake he will expect a payment hahaha!

Suggerhoney what you said about epidurals being turned off at the end makes me sad :( I only wanted an epidural so I don't feel the stinging and the burning! The contractions I'm fine with lol! I've had 2 natural deliveries with just gas and air and was hoping for my 3rd and final baby to be pain free! Never mind, I guess a water birth is my final option now I don't need a section and an epidural doesn't even do what I want it too! Have to brace myself for the burn! And to think some people enjoy this hahaha <3

Hi hon it may be different in other hospitals. Just ask them to keep the epidural going because u dont want to feel the burn. Or the ring of fire as I call it Haha.

I think I'm gonna go for the section but will see what ob/gyn says first.
I will miss the gas and air but I really am to afraid of being rushed to theatre again. It haunts me to this day.

Just had a song come into my head.
'And it burns burns buurns like a ring of fire' Haha.

I'm still not completely decided yet but my midwife thinks the section will be my best option. I see my ob/gyn in just over a week so not long now.

Hi hon it may be different in other hospitals. Just ask them to keep the epidural going because u dont want to feel the burn. Or the ring of fire as I call it Haha.

I think I'm gonna go for the section but will see what ob/gyn says first.
I will miss the gas and air but I really am to afraid of being rushed to theatre again. It haunts me to this day.

Just had a song come into my head.
'And it burns burns buurns like a ring of fire' Haha.

I'm still not completely decided yet but my midwife thinks the section will be my best option. I see my ob/gyn in just over a week so not long now.

Yes Johnny cash comes into my head too!!! Bloody ring of fire, more like ring of fire, while circled with knives and a thousand pissed off bees!! Good gun because I can't deal with that burning!!! The contractions are a walk in the park for me, but that burning stage, no thank you!!

Yes Johnny cash comes into my head too!!! Bloody ring of fire, more like ring of fire, while circled with knives and a thousand pissed off bees!! Good gun because I can't deal with that burning!!! The contractions are a walk in the park for me, but that burning stage, no thank you!!

Hahahaha :rofl:
Oh gosh it's so painful. U feel like ure gonna split in half. Its the most painful thing for sure. Definitely worth it tho.
Hay hon I'm almost 26 weeks its crazy. I'm getting so excited now. I keep watching birth videos.
Still dont know if I shud have the section or not and I see my high risk ob/gyn on Tuesday. Also have a growth scan. Only another week and it 3rd trimester. September cant come soon enough :dance:

Hi ladies

Thought I wud update as I saw my high risk pregnancy consultant today and my elected c section has been refused.
She said she does not want me having a section because of the medication I am on and she does not want me bleeding out on the operating table. She said vaginal delivery is always the best and that's what she wants me to do.

So I am being induced at 37 weeks gestation and not any later due to my Liver complications. It may be earlier so been told to be prepared from 34 weeks onwards.
I've had a good cry because I really wanted the c section this time and now I know I'm going to be very anxious and scared about the same thing happening as what happened last time.
But vaginal delivery it is and I have no say init.
I'm terrified:cry:

But on a brighter note it's good to know I wont have to go the whole way to the end and the end is in sight now and instead of a October baby he will be a September baby. So I'm looking at all that as a positive. Cant wait to have him safely in my arms [-o&lt;

Also had another scan and baby is perfect. My next growth scan is in 4 weeks at 30+1.
20190709_150354.jpg
My little man <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->