Elevated blood pressure small amount of protein in urine.. so bummed

icegurl470

Reaction score
Wasnt feeling good today at work and went to the health office. I have planter facilitis in both feet but worse in my left foot, so he recommended staying off and elevating my feet as much as possible, icing and getting some arch support inserts for my shoes.. My blood pressure was also high and I have a small amount of protein in my urine, 30mg I think I heard him say? He also mentioned I was dehydrated and gave me a small lecture about that. I'm so bummed.. I'm 37 weeks, my next apt with my OB wasn't supposed to be until 39 weeks but he called their office and they made an apt for me to have my blood pressure and urine checked again on Wednesday. I'm hoping if I take it easy by Wednesday when they check it again it will be resolved and that will be the end of it?

I'm still working and I have toddler at home. The work dr told me to talk to my boss about taking it easy, and I did, and it sounds like he's taking a lot of my plate, so hopefully these last three weeks will be a little easier at work. I really dont want to have to go out early or reduce my hours, I cant afford it, but I also don't want to put my baby at risk :cry: what do you ladies think?

I think you better take it easy, pre e is no joke and you really need to try to take it easy as much as possible, on the bright side you're already 37 weeks so that's good, my friend would get pre e every time and would only get to around 33 weeks when she'd be put on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancies which didn't always last before they'd have to do an emergency c section.

Thank you for responding. They do take pre e really seriously which is why I'm nervous for my appointment tomorrow. I've read that trace amounts of protein in the urine can be caused by other things but the high bp to go with it doesn't sound too promising.. I just hope that I'm not showing any signs tomorrow, but if I am I will do what I have to do. I know my bp tends to go up when I'm stressed or active and even if the physical aspects of my work are cut back there's a lot of stress too.. I would rather have to go out of work early or take bed rest than be induced early or have a c-section though thats for sure!

hey icegurl.

I had pre-e with my first.. was put off work about 30 weeks... but wasn't induced until 39!

I am having similar problems to you this pregnancy, my bp has been up since about 20 weeks. At my 30 week I had some protein in my urine (a 1+)... at my 32 week apt my bp was up but no protein.. I think that I was better hydrated so my urine wasn't as concentrated.

So try not to worry too much, drink lots and hopefully being more hydrated will be helpful.

Good luck

Kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"