Elf on the Shelf 2020 - What did your Elf do today?

We did this last year too and the girls loved it ! The year before (I think it was ) they sobbed and wouldn’t stop talking about the elves ! All I have heard today is we don’t want the elves to go! So I know it’s not how it’s traditionally done but whatever makes DDs happy haha x
Oh bless them, so cute

Love your tree Leonie! I must get that board next year xxx
I feel it was a good purchase as we have used it a few times so far and will use it over Christmas and Boxing Day

I'm attempting one of those trees, I'm not confident it'll look as good as yours though
Well it didn’t look great at first but once I twisted them it all came together well and turned out pretty good. I forgot to sprinkle on ‘snow’ and glitter as the kids were too eager to tuck in haha!

Our elf is just sitting with the presents.
I won't lie I'm relieved to not have to come up with ideas every day now :haha:20201224_215248_copy_1512x2016.jpg

I think instead of the elves going back tonight (Xmas Eve) I will let them stay until Christmas night so they can watch what the kids get up to.

We had to adopt our elf a few years ago as DD was absolutely heartbroken at the thought of him going back to santa, so we made a phone call to santa and he allowed us to adopt the elf, she's slept with him every night ever since (apart from in December) :cloud9:

I'm surprisingly sad it's over it went smoothly this year. But I'm all out of ideas for next year.
x8jeO72.jpg

We had to adopt our elf a few years ago as DD was absolutely heartbroken at the thought of him going back to santa, so we made a phone call to santa and he allowed us to adopt the elf, she's slept with him every night ever since (apart from in December) :cloud9:
Awww bless her !!

Ralph the elf has left the building too. Id say it was pretty ok for my first year with an elf. Poor Leila (she doesn't speak much yet) - she kept on pointing to the tree today (Ralph sat in the branches on the first day he arrived and she insisted every morning that he should sit there all day), and today she kept on pointing there and then going around the house looking for him. We explained he went back to the North Pole so then she would point and go brrrmmm brrrmmm (sound of a car). She did it so much today, so I think she was a bit worried that he left. Wonder how it will be next year :haha:

Not sure how I am going to get rid of the elves ! Every morning my girls rush to the Christmas tree to see if they are still there !! Worse than last year !
Going to give it 2 more days and then they are gone !

Oh no. I hope they arwnr too upset when they leave. Maybe do what someone else said and have the elves retire and come live with you instead?

Oh no. I hope they arwnr too upset when they leave. Maybe do what someone else said and have the elves retire and come live with you instead?
Oh gosh I was thinking about this ! I think Bev adopted hers haha ! It’s an idea anyway !
They are gonna be upset but can’t imagine for that long ! I will leave a note off Santa and see how it goes eeek !

Yes we had to adopt ours as Holly was distraught at the thought of him going back and it would've wrecked her Christmas day as she couldn't stop crying, bless her!

Is anyone else missing the elf or am I just crazy? I'm sitting here, no presents to wrap, no online shopping to do and no elf to move and I'm bored!

It is a boring time of year now all the excitement has finished :(

No missing the elf but do find myself keep checking amazon and then realising I'm done shopping for now. I do have ds1 birthday the first week of Feb though so will be able to shop and wrap soon. Followed by ds3s birthday 4 weeks later in March, and ds5s birthday in April. So will keep me going a while :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->