Elf on the shelf 2022

This is our 5th year of doing it. Ive still many years with my youngest kids being 3 and 6 months!

you can hopefully reuse some ideas for the younger ones in a few years.

i don’t have the full month planned in just winging it haha.

I've not been doing it nearly as long as some people and I'm already out of ideas. Ours are just shoved in the tree for their arrival.

20221130_234802.jpg

I can't recall how many years dd1 is 10 so at least 6 or 7.
Ours arrived last night with individual letters and advent calendars.

The cards from Porky penguin are a great help. I'll post some up for inspiration x

Hey ladies xxxx Following for ideas :blush:. Our 8th year doing this now, I can honestly say I'm well and truly out of ideas lol xx I have bought porky penguin this year but to be honest I've done them all in the past. I'm nearly 8 months preggo this is gonna be a chore :wacko:20221201_071652.jpg

I just wish the kids went to bed early enough. I'm so exhausted I want to sleep by 8 lol
Dd1 is such night owl I need to get her asleep by 9!

Deapite having the Porky penguin cards, I lacked inspiration tonight dd2 wants them to be naughty.

One is up in the tree, one has a joke about frosted flakes with loads of cereal scattered around and the third has a scavenger hunt card.

you can hopefully reuse some ideas for the younger ones in a few years.

i don’t have the full month planned in just winging it haha.
Yeah mine do have some favourites. Some they have already asked about !

I was going to wing in this year too but need a plan for when I’ve not got much time ! .

DS was wondering what our elf was going to do and kept saying he thinks he's going to knock the Christmas tree over. I said he definitely wouldn't be that naughty. Well I got up this morning and my husband has knocked the Christmas tree on the floor before leaving for work last night :dohh: He's in charge of putting that back nicely! At least DS will be very happy :haha:

20221201_224503.jpg

Nice easy one spin the bottle. Whoever it lands on has to do an elf dance :wacko:. Like I said 8 years of elf on the shelf I'm running outta ideas over here :winkwink:

Although I have 2 non-believers, DD2 said first thing "you didn't do the elves mummy!" :dohh: can't find them so last night I hung their clothes across the mantle with the elf door and a little note "moving in 2022". Looks like my luck isn't in this year :haha:

Ha ha best get your thinking cap on

I bought some strawberry laces today so going to have them decorate the tree.
Also got tubs of candyfloss do will also have them with head buried in the tub.

Ours are just poking out the top of the stockings today

Although I have 2 non-believers, DD2 said first thing "you didn't do the elves mummy!" :dohh: can't find them so last night I hung their clothes across the mantle with the elf door and a little note "moving in 2022". Looks like my luck isn't in this year :haha:
Oh that’s just typical !!

Ours had decorated the kids tree with chocolate tree baubles (the Cadbury ones)
And one was wearing a pair like earrings

I’m having a day off tomorrow as h is at his dads this weekend

I wasn’t feeling too great last night so hubby did the elf’s, he hid them in the clean dishes I hadn’t put away yet lol

Reuben is completely uninterested in his advent calender, he nibbled the corner of the chocolate on day 1 just to make me happy and that's it. He refused point blank to open today's..... so the Elves have done it for him. They've opened the 3rd after I took this picture. I didnt want to go any further just on case he suddenly decided he did actually want the calender after seeing them eating them. I put a dab of chocolate spread round their mouths too :haha:
Ignore the state of the microwave door, it's on my list of jobs for next weeks week off

20221202_214239.jpg

We do things slightly different. We live in Poland and traditionally the 6th of Dec is the day the tree goes up. That is St. Nicholas Day. My kids are 4 yrs, 2.5yrs and 6m old so dressing the tree takes FOREVER. That's why we decided this year to do the tree on the weekend before the 6th (so today). Our elf's name is Ralph and he always brings the tree and a box of decorations on the first day.
This is him in the tree, waiting for morning. The girls were super excited to see him and to decorate the tree.
Screenshot_20221203_070659_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->