Elf on the shelf 2022

We do things slightly different. We live in Poland and traditionally the 6th of Dec is the day the tree goes up. That is St. Nicholas Day. My kids are 4 yrs, 2.5yrs and 6m old so dressing the tree takes FOREVER. That's why we decided this year to do the tree on the weekend before the 6th (so today). Our elf's name is Ralph and he always brings the tree and a box of decorations on the first day.
This is him in the tree, waiting for morning. The girls were super excited to see him and to decorate the tree.
View attachment 1112958

I love hearing about other traditions!

Ours were hanging from the light fitting with toilet roll (DH idea)

Think ours will do laces on the tree tonight

Naughty Elves have opened the football stickers I bought the boys

20221203_213711.jpg

We had a big Christmas party at a friend's house today and the kids had so much fun. They all fell asleep in the car on the way home, so I just did something simple with the elf today. Hopefully just his presence is still enough to get them excited as Leila said she missed Ralph so much and is glad he is back many many times today. So he is hiding halfway in a thermal basket with some advent calendars (4 days late, I know, but mom brain... :shrug: )
Screenshot_20221203_235030_Gallery.jpg

Well I won't be buying those strawberry laces again (sweets). What I thought would be a quick 5 mins took 20 mins trying to unstick the bloody things. Anyway tree now decorated with strawberry laces and rest chucked in the bin.

DH has put the sofa upside down and put the elf on it. I'm going to have a hard act to live up to when he's working evenings next week :haha:

So far ours have brought the advent calendars, eaten milk and cookies, sketched an art mannequin and been in between 2 pieces of toast. Definitely stealing some ideas from this thread ;)

I’m struggling with ideas that will keep DD1 (10 in 2 months still believes !) and DS1 (3.5 years ) happy and naughty enough.
Day 1 - they arrived in a box with goody’s and letter from Santa . This always goes down well
Day2 . They hung a Xmas paper chain around the lounge and was hanging from it
Day3 Made breakfast with a huge mess
Today made a mess in the bathroom with the toothpaste and shower gel

Tomorrow is DD2s birthday so I am gonna involve them in something

Our elf is will be wearing a medal that ds got at a party today

Friday - they arrived in polar bear cups
Saturday - they brought a mini basket I made of paper for my niece with chocolates I put in the calendars (she stayed Fri & Sat)
Today - they got tangled in the wreath
Tomorrow they're going in DD2's school bag.

Today ours brought some Christmas smelly markers for the kids.

Ours played kiddy- jenga with the Christmas gnome and a teddy bear.
Screenshot_20221205_083504_Gallery.jpg

Our TV remote broke last night, we think it may have been dropped or sat on or something and cracked as John tried to open the back to replace the batteries and the whole thing snapped in half! So we sat the Elves up and scattered the pieces over their laps and blamed them

Ours is going to bring the kids a chocolate santa each tonight

The boys made cards for their nan today so I think the Elves might get involved there tonight. Our new elf is also going to join the mix.

So last night I had a major fail and DD1 now knows about the elf.

I put the elves on the floor with scattered chocolate coins at about 9.30 and went up to bed. She was still awake (argh) and went downstairs for a drink, I completely forgot, so when she came up she had twigged that I set them up.
SI explained to her that yes we do move them sometimes but sometimes they do things too.
She admitted she had seen things online and had doubts but was fine with it and has said she wont tell her sister or anyone else with an elf.
Tonight she is doing the elf work and they are going to be riding on DD2s model for her school work.

I'm sooo annoyed at myself but at the same time kind of relieved to have someone helping with ideas. She's 10 now and her friends are all non believers so don't want to push it to far.

For now she is still a Santa believer it's DD2 that doubts that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->