Elf on the shelf 2022

Ralph is all set-up with chocolates in the kids shoes for tomorrow. The 6th of December is St. Nicholas Day, and here in Poland we celebrate it almost as a small Christmas in which Santa (or the elves) leave small gifts in the kids' shoes. The kids will also wear Christmassy outfits to kindy, so they are quite excited for tomorrow as they get to wear their bright red Christmas tights and reindeer shirts.
Screenshot_20221205_231425_Gallery.jpg

So last night I had a major fail and DD1 now knows about the elf.

I put the elves on the floor with scattered chocolate coins at about 9.30 and went up to bed. She was still awake (argh) and went downstairs for a drink, I completely forgot, so when she came up she had twigged that I set them up.
SI explained to her that yes we do move them sometimes but sometimes they do things too.
She admitted she had seen things online and had doubts but was fine with it and has said she wont tell her sister or anyone else with an elf.
Tonight she is doing the elf work and they are going to be riding on DD2s model for her school work.

I'm sooo annoyed at myself but at the same time kind of relieved to have someone helping with ideas. She's 10 now and her friends are all non believers so don't want to push it to far.

For now she is still a Santa believer it's DD2 that doubts that one.
Oh that’s annoying !! I’m worried about getting caught this year since DD1 goes to bed late too! She will find fun in doing it for her sister and will come up with some good ideas !

Ours are paying the floor is lava .

I’m so crap at taking pictures because I’m more worried about getting caught !

svGCQVI.jpeg

Aww no! At least she took it quite well though :hugs:

I was really tired last night so I did hide and seek if the kids found them they got a treat. They did of course find them haha!

tonight h lost his tooth so I’m thinking of doing something with the tooth fairy

I'm too tired tonight and DD1 was having a strop so left to DH to sort them out.

Didn't know but my eldest put one elf in her sisters lunch box. She was amazed at school and so were her friends awwww.

Ralph brought some Christmas colouring books and started colouring them.
Screenshot_20221206_233320_Gallery.jpg

Ours is hanging upside down from the clock looking like he's doing gymnastics

Ours are just climbing the stairs/hanging from the banister

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back