Ellas House nappies on sale

ive just bought some aswell and am going to make inserts for the shop so keep your eyes peeled lol

x

does it need prewashing like everything else??? i'm expecting some wierd kinda space blanket stuff LMAO!

i didnt read anything about it needing prewashing, and it can be tumble dryed aswell which is always a bonus! im making leyla some nappies out of it for turkey, just fitteds

x

oooh i'm intreagued!! lol so you think i'll get plenty of inserts out of it ??

You should do! There's no wastage cos it's very easy to cut and sew and it doesn't fray or anything. I think it comes pre-shrunk too, though I haven't tried washing it yet cos you have to cover it with other fabric before washing. If you want a bit to try and see if it's worth buying more I can send you some for just what I paid? Two layers of zorb the same size as a Flip insert (about 13x37cm) would be about £1.15 plus postage if you do :thumbup:

I haven't tried washing it yet cos you have to cover it with other fabric before washing.

really?? i didnt know that! thank god i havent made the nappies yet cos was gna just make em like that, no covers or anything!

haha wouldnt have been impressed! where did you read that?

x

Hmmm I don't know exactly where I read it but I googled something like 'how to sew zorb' and that came up. Somebody said that it disintegrates in the wash but then somebody else said it doesn't but it does go all bobbly. From the feel of it, I imagine it's kind of like when you wash wadding. If you put it in the wash just on its own it would get all scrunched and nasty, but if you have fabric either side of it to keep it in shape it's fine. I don't think it would be very nice next to bare skin anyway :shrug:

Oh here you go: https://community.babycenter.com/post/a14549085/questions_about_prepping_wazoodle_fabric

hmm yeh i was thinking that, its not the softest, i figured id make a BIG hourlgass shaped liner to put inside it but i suppose some bits would still be touching

x

I'm so impressed with the bumhuggers! I just changed Leyla after 12.5 hours in hers (boosted with a night time pop-in booster) and her skin was completely dry! The outside of the bumhugger was damp/wet but the wool pants she was wearing weren't damp at all so it had never got wet enough to go through to the wool. The fleece next to her bum was dry. :happydance: We've never had that with a night nappy before!

YAY - pleased for you.

I am loving bumhuggers too. Have been using them for up to 10 hours and they are brill. Once my wraps come (have realised flip wraps are just not the right shape to go over the large) im gonna try putting her in it at bed time and leaving her all night - 14 hours, crossing my fingers this will work and remove the need to change her at 11pm.

ETA: I think they are lined with magic fleece - how else can it feel totally dry when the rest of the nappy is wet through? Even with my flips which i love her bum feels a little damp when i change her but not so with bumhuggers.

I know, I was wondering about the fleece, it's amazing. Definitely need more bumhuggers!

Hehehe i was so impressed after using one for the first time i went back on and ordered 3 more plus some of the motherease wraps to use with them (until i get some wool sorted).

I want one lol but seems silly getting one for a newborn as will be up feeding ect in the night anyway, and it's a little early to by a large one ...... who knows, by the time i need a large sized one some of you girls might be selling theirs preloved hehe

I want one lol but seems silly getting one for a newborn as will be up feeding ect in the night anyway, and it's a little early to by a large one ...... who knows, by the time i need a large sized one some of you girls might be selling theirs preloved hehe

The small will probably fit for quite a long time though... Leyla's about 19 or 20lbs now at 7 months and she wasn't exactly small to start with :)

Edit: We found that switching to night time nappies quickly helped a lot with night feeds anyway... as long as they haven't pooed, it's nice not to have to change the nappy cos that completely woke Leyla up and she'd take ages to go back to sleep. If I just fed her though, she didn't properly wake up.

i'll defo be getting more! we had ours on last night (after about a day and a half of washing and rinsing over and over - lol ) and it held up really well...i put a Bedbug in with it just to be sure.... tbh, i think i prefer the bumhuggers to the bedbugs :blush:

bedbugs work ok, and they fit her better than they did but for the cost of the Ellas House they are totally as good (if not better) than the BB's !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->