Embarassing but I need advice...

When I read your post I thought, wow you sound like me..

I've never been skinny by any means, but I was ok with how I looked. While I was pregnant I ate whatever I saw and that meant lots of fast food. Now post pregnancy I'm 5'4 and 210 pounds. I still can't believe the scale when I weigh myself. When I look in the mirror I don't see how I could possibly weigh that but I know it's true because none of my old clothes fit. I'm the heaviest I've ever been :(

It also doesn't help that my man eats crappy and refuses to go for walks with me..in fact he really doesn't do anything that encourages me and I can't seem to force myself to go to the gym.

What I'm trying to do is watch my calories, often with the help of Myfitnesspal which helps me keep track of what I eat. And as for exercise, the gym is too ambitious and daunting for a girl who already feels bad about her figure. Why would I want to go and watch a bunch of gym bunnies bouncing around looking fab while I'm trying to suck in my gut?

The easiest way to shed weight is just by walking. Walking at a moderate pace for 30 to 60 mins a day while eating right and strength training twice a week should be enough to gradually slim down. Part of my problem is if I don't see results right away, I give up. Both of us need to just keep at it. If you want to join Myfitnesspal, add me as a friend there (LadyVenom69) and we can keep each other motivated :)

When I read your post I thought, wow you sound like me..

I've never been skinny by any means, but I was ok with how I looked. While I was pregnant I ate whatever I saw and that meant lots of fast food. Now post pregnancy I'm 5'4 and 210 pounds. I still can't believe the scale when I weigh myself. When I look in the mirror I don't see how I could possibly weigh that but I know it's true because none of my old clothes fit. I'm the heaviest I've ever been :(

It also doesn't help that my man eats crappy and refuses to go for walks with me..in fact he really doesn't do anything that encourages me and I can't seem to force myself to go to the gym.

What I'm trying to do is watch my calories, often with the help of Myfitnesspal which helps me keep track of what I eat. And as for exercise, the gym is too ambitious and daunting for a girl who already feels bad about her figure. Why would I want to go and watch a bunch of gym bunnies bouncing around looking fab while I'm trying to suck in my gut?

The easiest way to shed weight is just by walking. Walking at a moderate pace for 30 to 60 mins a day while eating right and strength training twice a week should be enough to gradually slim down. Part of my problem is if I don't see results right away, I give up. Both of us need to just keep at it. If you want to join Myfitnesspal, add me as a friend there (LadyVenom69) and we can keep each other motivated :)

Thanks tattooedmom. I ended up losing nearly 30lbs and I was down to 152!:happydance: I just found out that I am pregnant so the diet has temporarily gone out the window. But I did it once and I think I can do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->