Emegency delivery 1st time, high risk 2nd time?

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
I just wondered about this. When I had Oliver, upon arriving at hospital at 7cm dialated they picked up that he was in foetal distress, and that his heart rate was dropping with each contraction. I was quickly whisked to theatre where I had an epidural, episiotomy and they pulled him out with forceps in under a minute. If that had failed then they would have done a C-section.

I'd done everything you're supposed to do to help prevent intervention. No epidural. No pain relief. Stayed at home for majority of labour. Stayed relaxed, warm baths etc.

I DO NOT want this to happen to me again. Ever. I'm desperate for a normal delivery next time but I'm scared this will happen.

Does anyone know whether this means I have a higher chance of it happening again? Would it be non-advicable to want a home birth? Anyone have a complicated delivery but subsequent babies had straight-forward births?

My first delivery was also an emergency. I'd been at home contracting nicely for about 7 hours before going to the hospital. When I got there they popped on a monitor and discovered that ds1 had a pathological (?) heartrate so it was suddenly all go to prep me for theatre, try and get an oxygen reading from a scratch test and ended up with an emergency c section under general.
Personally, I could not have gone for a home birth after that even if I'd been allowed to as I'd have been too worried about what might happen.
For my second delivery I ended up with a second emergency c section but for a completely different reason - failure to progress and low foetal heartrate after induction. But it was in no way the same level of emergency as the first delivery.

What happened in your labour has nothing to do with you doing the right thing, it is cord compression and I just something that happens, every labour is different xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->