• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

emergency c section ladies

Mine was unplanned hence called EMCS, baby was posterior and wouldnt flex his head, i had been in slow labour for over 24 hours before being taken to theatre.

I was given synto drip at around 6cm for slow progress, I got to 9.5cm (what a gip) but had an anterior lip left so they took me to theatre baby was never in distress thankfully (I was in plenty of distress after they broke my epi and turned the drip up regardless)..

BUT I went to theatre without my hubby was was too squeamish and a complete dick for not even trying and nobody told me what was going on or even told me baby had been delivered. I had to bloody ask if he was ok when I heard him crying across the room!!!

I would have killed oh if he didn't come in with me :hugs:
I made it to fully dilated but wasn't allowed to push :(

Mine was emergency as dd was undiagnosed breech. It was pretty calm even though they made me walk and my waters were still leaking so I sort of waddled into theatre trying to keep the pad in between my legs. It was a bit comical looking back now - the gown they gave me didn't tie at the back so I had to ask for another one to put the other way or I would have mooned anyone walking behind me. I got a reaction from the spinal and my arm went into spasm and kept disappearing under the curtain when they were cutting me as well.

OH had just got back from a day/evening/night at the pub when I went into labour and was feeling pretty ropey by the time I went into theatre. He sat there and saw it all in the reflection of the operating lights above. Not a good thing to see with a hangover !

Crash section for me, general anaesthetic with ciccoid pressure (drs hands pressing my windpipe) for arm presentation and cord prolapse. Midwife running down corridor with hand up there (sorry tmi), consultant shouting, mass hysteria from all medical staff involved. No consent as no time as my life and baby's life at risk.

I would have killed oh if he didn't come in with me :hugs:
I made it to fully dilated but wasn't allowed to push :(

I never got to push with Dewi, it was a bloody shock how tough pushing is when I had to get Stanley out LOL mind you they put me in bloody stirrups so I'm not surprised it was difficult!

How come you werent allowed to push hun?

Well...I was 9cms when they decided I needed a section and on the short run (well they ran, I was pushed on a bed lol) to theater I made it to fully dialated but they decided LO needed to get out now so they gave me the jab to stop my contractions and gave me an emcs :(

Very much rushed. There was a discussion of c-section when I was struggling to dilate so I signed the consent forms but managed to dilate another ½cm and they agreed to let me continue. So I asked to take my oxygen tube out as it was bothering me and they agreed and left. Not 5 minutes after they left, my LO's heart rate dropped to almost nothing, alarm bells went off and they ran inside and threw scrubs at my DH. Ran me off the to ER with me on the bed and poor DH struggling to put on his scrubs and keep up and started putting the meds in my epidural. (Which I luckily got a few hours before.) They said if I didn't have an epidural, they probably would've had to put me under G/A. It was very calm in the OR thankfully otherwise I would've freaked out. It was calm but very quick. LO was actually wedged in my pelvis (insufficient pelvic space) and was in so much distress. She had horrible bruises from the contractions...

Still haunts me to this day. :cry:

I know emergency c-sections arent planned and therefor things can go wrong...BUT

I was in labour for along time, cut a long story short gave up and had an epidural - didnt progress - after 3 days didnt even dilate to 2cm !!!

Had an emergency c-section but they accidentally gave me two boosts epidurals during a shift change which numbed me up to my head - at risk of brain damage tried to put me under but for some reason decided was best to finish operation and drain the epidural manually which meant (AND THIS IS THE TRUTH)

Strapping me to the bed and turning the bed - which made me physically sick - all after havig my tummy cut open! I was a quivering mess I might add and have no real recilection of if I had had a child nor not.

Thsi time, Im going 100% for an elective c-section although I know they will fight me - but im terrified of not progressing again and having another emergency situation.

Mine was one of those 'rush me down the hall on a bed' type situations (actually they accidentally rammed me into a door frame too lol) My LO's heart rate decelerated and would not pick up again and it was enough of an emergency that there was no time for paperwork to be signed or anything like that. It went from 'the baby needs to come out NOW' to me on an operating table within 3 minutes and I was under a general anesthetic only moments later (missed her birth entirely.) MY DH was not allowed in the room either. Makes me sad. This kind of emerg csection is referred to as a crash csection apparently.

It certainly was not ideal (my first delivery was completely drug free and I was hoping to do it again - HA!) But we both came out of the situation healthy so at the end of the day you really cannot dwell on everything else. I had some nightmares about it during the month after she was born - flashbacks, etc but they've stopped (hopefully for good).

i laboured for hours until i almost lost my breath.... there was no panic but fear in my hubby face...

My baby got distressed and her heart rate fell every contraction but it still took about 10-15min from deciding to do a section to getting me to the theatre and everyone was pretty calm - but then the theatre was just across from where I was labouring so no need to run. I'd had an epidural so they just topped it up at my request - but that caused problems later with the painkillers cause they thought I'd had a spinal and that I shouldn't feel anything for hours whereas I was moving my legs before they had finished stitching me up.

i arrived at the hospital 9cms waters bulging, baby thought to be transverse, so rushed for scan, when it was confirmed transverse i had a consent form in my face whilst been wheeled to theater. he was out within 50 mins of arriving there! so yeah rush rush!

i dont think people usualy get to keep notes but for some reason i ended up with a sheet about the delivery, how long labour was, how long it took them go get him out, about waters etc etc, and on there is says category, theres 3 categories of sections i think, cat 1 which is life saving emergency section, one in the middle and 3 which is elective...i think but dont quote me.
x

I had early onset severe pre eclampsia and they were scanning me daily at the end and they did insist at 28 weeks he'd stopped growing but I kept putting off being admitted cos my sister had had a premature baby months before and she passed away so had convinced myself if they induced me he wouldn't make it so kept telling them to leave him alone as long as he's happy!! At the last scan I had the really nice lady told me his blood flow was being compromised because of my extreme bp so I said ok and was admitted for induction, they came to bring my pessary and she did my bp 3 times and said I'll have to bleep the consultant a min (bp was 230/140!!), went very fast from there, was given 3 or 4 drips, a spinal and straight into theatre, incredibly traumatic and I'm very anxious about this labour now so got everything crossed!! Our tiny man was born at 31+3 weighing 3lb 4oz (so he stopped growing) and spent 28days on scbu, came home 5wks before due date, he's an absolute smasher :)

My little girl suddenly decided to change position, i was 8cm and she went from head down to a shoulder presentation so they had to get her out. wasnt rushed, but wasnt slowed either. all happened pretty quickly mind and i cant really think about it too much because i end up in tears

I was induced at 37 weeks with PET although mild and after 6 hours of syntocin I was only at 3-4cm when he got distressed so I was rushed to surgery. Not rushed rushed, but there were suddenly people everywhere but i felt quite calm and actually enjoyed the surgery - but I was totally high on G&A and was making the team laugh

Mine was an emergency but not of the dramatic variety. Thankfully things were very controlled. Not exactly calm, but not rushed like on TV! I went in to the dr for a regular check up. I had spilled high levels of protien, had a scan, measured low fluid and was scheduled for a C for 4 30 pm. I drove myself across the parking lot to the hospital and walked in to registration then walked up to labor and delivery. I was rolled by bed into the OR. I got on the operating table myself and was tranfered back to my bed after the C and taken to recovery. All-in-all a pleasent experience.

I was a week late and went into natural labour. I was admitted and the labour dropped off. They broke my waters and gave me the drip. I have contraction on top of contraction for 38 hours. It was horrendous. Babies heart rate dipped with every contraction so they put a reverse catheter of sorts in my uterus. It refilled my uterus with fluid to help baby. So ladies I was leaking fluid as fast as it was coming into me for 38 hours! It was like a constant pee down my leg the entire time! Kind of funny looking back. Well I only progressed 6 cm and they finally said it was time to think about a section. Baby just wasn't coming. I was put into a theater then taken out becaue of a "real" emergency section! Finally it was myturn. The room was wonderfully calm. For the first time in days I was pain free and relaxed. They said "tell me if you can feel them cutting" I said "ok". They said "well can you feel it?!?". I laughed and shouted "no! What? They are starting it now???". Then they started shouting for my husband who was at my side "dad!....DAD!.....get in here dad!" he stood up "DAD get closer!" he peeked over the curtain, "DaD!! Watch your son being born!!!". He was almost in my belly they were so wonderful with getting him involved!!

Baby cried, I cried and they were putting me back together. Then all of a sudden the room went silent. The nurses froze in place and the anesthesiologist said "I need to give you this do you consent?" I looked and must have nodded because I had a needle slammed into my shoulder. I suddenly got very very hot and shaking. I asked what was happening, no one answered. Then the dr said "I'm tying your uterus closed, its not doing what it's supposed to, you would have bled out without that shot".

That part lasted a quick moment but was wild. Soon after we were in recovery and off to the races. Recovery sucked though! Worse than the surgery for me.

mine was a very calm one, my baby just could not pass through my small hips just like me and my sister couldnt through our moms :)

My baby was stuck in the birth canal and couldn't get past my pelvic bone (even with the assistance of forceps!). So they had to do a c-section.

I had a cat1 c section, I'd had an abruption (lost 4 pints of blood in all) and LO was severely distressed after a 36hr labour.
It was a rush job and I needed a GA.
LO ended up in NICU as he was blue and not breathing but alls well that ends well, he'll be 6 this year and he's perfectly healthy!!
They did what they had to do to save us both!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->