• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

emergency c section ladies

tannembaum

Little Elsie bums mum!
Reaction score
I'm just curious really as to what type of emergency section you had.

Was yours called an emergency as it was unplanned but was a relatively clam affair where you walked to the operating room?

Or was it an emergency emergency section where they ran with your bed down the hall to the operating room and there was a lot of panic?

Emergency c-section for me, they didn't quite run down the corridor, but i had very low blood pressure and a very high temperature and baby was well and truly stuck. I had to have it under GA

I was rushed down the corridor in a wheelchair to the theatre as LO was in distress after a 28 hour labour.

My placenta was bleeding, as it's the babies life line as soon as the doctor said go they were all going 200 mph to get her out. It was all calm in theatre but they were all very efficient. Xx

i was rushedin my bed to theatre after a 26 hour labour i had developed a fever ana baby's hearbeat was dangerously high.

eventually had to have GA aswell as the epidural space in my back was not numbing me completely and after two failed spinal blocks they had to knock me out.

All very stressful!!

Crash section for me (so under GA) There were putting theatre gown on as I was running down the corridor, putting iodine on my stomach as I was being put to sleep. So lots of panic. It says in my notes that I was asleep at 9:49pm and Chloe was born at 9:50pm :wacko:

I was not in labour and from CTG being put on to Chloe being born was 35 minuties. My partner was at home and arrived just as she was being taken to special care.

It is strange that I can say the day my daughter was born was both the best and worst day of my life. It was the worst as it was so traumatic and I don't think I will ever get over it :cry:

I was rushed down the corridoor with not a clue what was happening as all was well one minute, the next I had a room full of doctors and lots of panic. The panic and decision to take me for an emergency C section was because they had lost baby's heartbeat.

As they were rushing me to theatre I was trying to tell them that the baby was coming out but they weren't listening :wacko: When we got there they could see his head and told me to push instead, I delivered him in a couple of minutes with Vontuse and avoided the section after all! Thankfully he was perfectly healthy.

I don't really remember it well as I was high on gas and air, but DH says it was the worst experience of his life, mainly because it was so fast and nobody was explaining anything.

Thank you for shaing everyone!
Its a shame you all had to go through a tough time but it is slightly comforting to know its not just me. Iygwim?

i was rushed to theatre for attempted forceps delivery after pushing for 2 hours and discovering my baby was facing sideways and unable to desend. he had been having decelerations but recovering. when i got to theatre they had neo natal staff on standby. They gave me a spinal block so at this point things were emergency but still undercontrol. After 2 attempts with the forceps his heart rate dropped and the consultant said he would not move and they needed to do c section there and then. my blood pressure was also low and on the paper work it was stated it was a cat 1 c section. also i never signed a consent form for it.

I didn't even know you had to sign a consent form!?

I was rushed to theatre after being in labour for 3 days, i was induced too and there was no way that i was gonna give birth naturally as she still wasnt engaged and couldnt drop because of my pelvis. She was getting distressed so the doctor said you've both had enough were taking you for an emergency section, she was 2 weeks late aswell. They rushed me down in my bed but it was actually very very calm in theatre so all in all yes i had a bad experience of labour but a positive one of a c section x

Yes its incase anything goes wrong and you have to state that you understand what has been said to you about the risks etc. I was so drugged up that i dont even remember signing it, but i got given it to take home for some reason and theres my signature on it!

Yes its incase anything goes wrong and you have to state that you understand what has been said to you about the risks etc. I was so drugged up that i dont even remember signing it, but i got given it to take home for some reason and theres my signature on it!

All surgical procedures require a consent form unless its so much of an emergency you don't have time to sign it.

ran down the corridor with me ....
got to 10cm, started pushing, he was coming face first not head first, HB dropping to 20bpm with every push (his neck was snapping back). rushed me to theatre and tried the ventouse. heartbeat to 4bpm after trying , so i had a general, hubby kicked out of the room and they cut me open within seconds :cry:

I had been induced, and after a 48 hour (back to back) labour, and 3 hours of pushing with no progress, I had an emotional breakdown! So I was rushed down the corridor, with me wailing and sobbing my heart out. LO was fine throughout, I think it was me they were more worried about! Once the diamorphine was administered, everything was fine... :) xx

My first was a crash c-section. I'd had a couple of bleeds, followed by a massive bleed when they broke my waters, so they rushed me in and knocked me out. Sadly they couldn't save my boy cause he'd lost too much blood, but they were as fast as they could be.

My second was an emergency as the baby had died again, but not an actual rushed emergency iykwim. It was just called that because it wasn't a planned one.

The last two i had for my surviving kids were lovely and planned and calm. :lol:

Mine was a cat 1 emergency section - babys heartrate was dropping with each contraction and after 6 hours on the drip and having my water broken, her heart stopped recovering so they pushed a big red button and rushed me down the corridor and by the time my husband got into the theatre and sat next to me he was told to stand up and have a look as baby was out.

I only remembered signing the consent for after I found it in my bag weeks later, lol

Mine was all rushed. Daniels heartbeat kept dipping for no reason at all and wouldn't go back up despite the fact I wasn't even in labour then my heartbeat started dropping. They were very close to putting me to sleep a couple of times.
As someone has said it was both the best and worst day of my life. It still makes me cry thinking of how scary it was.

Raced down the corridor like a rally car here too on the bed pushing at all but fully dilated!! I didnt sign a form either but I remember giving verbal consent and asking why DH couldnt sign it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->