• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

emergency c section ladies

I was in labour for 7 days with large contractions every 10m, no let up
I went to the hospital countless times and was sent home
It started on a thurs on the Monday they noticed cord compression on a trace yet still sent me home. On the Tuesday I begged to be taken in with pain relief to sleep
They gave me temazepam and that did nothing, it took until 3pm the following day to give me pethadine I slept and they then sent me home without doing an internal

9Am on the thursday I saw my consultant who was shocked at the state of me I was shaking and I was 7cm dilated so she called the mIn hospitalto get me admitted and induced
For 12 hours they tried inducing me. I was 7m apart at 8cm dilated
Emilias heart rate dropped drastically
They raced me Down the corridor getting me to sign on the way
I was shaking all the way through I thought I was having a heart attack

She was born at 10.48pm perfect!!

I remember them playing wonderful world in the surgery
I could not listen to it until recently without crying

I did make a complaint About my labour as I felt they left me too long
I had a 4 page apology. Her head was jammed in my pelvis and cord around her leg
I am just relieved she survived.

I had an emergency section after 17.5 hours of established labour and N getting stuck. For me it was a relatively calm affair as they had been talking about it for a few hours as an option if her head didnt desend so they started preping me and giving stomach acid meds etc, I was wheeled calmly down to theatre and out she came 5 minutes later :)

:hugs: to all the losses and traumatic stories :hugs:

I had an EMCS. I was induced and it wasn't rushed at all... Until I got into the OR. My Epi failed after 40 mins of labor (which I waited 3 hours to get the stupid thing in the first place) and then I started yelling that there was something wrong and everyone was like "you're fine you're fine" and I was like NO! I had GA because once we were in there my hb was in the 150s and LOs was in the high 180s. They couldn't get me number with multiple attempts of Epi and spinal. I remember them just saying "we gotta get the baby out" And then I woke up in recovery and the nurse said that I would NEVER have delivered her naturally as she was coming through the wrong way (forehead first- she was wedged in there and had marks on her temples from my pelvis. I had bruises on my legs from them moving my legs to get her out) and her chord was around her neck so she couldn't drop. I had made it to 9.5cm and pushing but cervix swelled down to a 7. More in my birth story but it was traumatic. I still think I could have done it somedays...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->