• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

emergency c section ladies

Ahhh bless you all, it sounds like there were lots of crash sections from you!
Mine was also a crash section - was induced as LO was 2 weeks late, 52 hour labour and baby turned whilst i was pushing!
His heartrate kept dipping and then it was lost! Rushed to theatre on my bed, darling OH signed the consent form and luckily my spinal worked!
Bubs was out literally in seconds and was absolutely fine!
I agree with an OP, the best and worst day of my life - I had to have counselling to get over it as I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress and it still makes me teary when I think about it.

However, I would do it all again in a second as I got my beautiful baby boy safe and sound.

Big hugs to you all, it really is a distressing situation when it is an emergency

xxxx

Mine was classed as an emergency/unplanned section as i'd gone into labour with Darcey (I was due to have a section 10 days later). They were planning on giving me pethadine to try and stop things as I was only 36+5 but she became tachycardic for a while so they decided to get her out. It wasn't a mad rush or anything but they didn't want to wait for much longer as she clearly wasn't too happy in there. Darcey was the second baby born at our brand new local hospital :)

Mine was a fairly calm emergency c section. Decision made at about 11.20pm as I had a fever, blood pressure had keen steadily rising for at least 18hours, and LO's heart rate was dipping with each contraction. I also had not progressed for hours, midwife said I was 5-6cm, but the doctor disagreed and said still only 3cm!!! That's what I was at 18hours ago! :wacko:
In hindsight they should have got her out earlier in my opinion, something was obviously not right from the start of my labour.
She was born about 20mins after the decision was made to go to theatre.

I had a crash c-section after planning a home birth.
We rang up when my waters broke but my contractions were still all over the place. The midwife was supposed to ring us back but as she was passing she popped in instead. Thank goodness she did as she listened to the heart beat and said we need to go to hospital now. We drove up there (we are litterally five minutes away), by now I was bleeding, raced to the labour ward, them running pushing me in a wheelchair. I was in theatre within fifteens minutes of arriving at hospital.
Fortunately they got my little one out with five minutes to spare (according to the oxygen in the cord tests).
My husband is still really freaked out by the whole experience. Bit different for me as I was unconcious for most of it and the panic getting up there is still a blur. He was in the room next door holding our son under a heat lamp whilst the alarms were going off in the operating room I was in. He spent a few uncomfortable minutes holding his son wondering if I was still alive.
Little one and me were fine though. He just chose a slightly more dramatic entry into the world than some!

I had a crash c-section after planning a home birth.
We rang up when my waters broke but my contractions were still all over the place. The midwife was supposed to ring us back but as she was passing she popped in instead. Thank goodness she did as she listened to the heart beat and said we need to go to hospital now. We drove up there (we are litterally five minutes away), by now I was bleeding, raced to the labour ward, them running pushing me in a wheelchair. I was in theatre within fifteens minutes of arriving at hospital.
Fortunately they got my little one out with five minutes to spare (according to the oxygen in the cord tests).
My husband is still really freaked out by the whole experience. Bit different for me as I was unconcious for most of it and the panic getting up there is still a blur. He was in the room next door holding our son under a heat lamp whilst the alarms were going off in the operating room I was in. He spent a few uncomfortable minutes holding his son wondering if I was still alive.
Little one and me were fine though. He just chose a slightly more dramatic entry into the world than some!

This has me in tears :( you poor thing, & your poor, poor husband :(
xx

Im the only one so for I think with a calm emergency section and I walked into the theatre! After three days of attempeted induction, nothing was happening, no contractoins, hadnt dilated even half a CM to try and break my waters so nothing more they could as he was already 2 weeks late by that point. Its actually terrifying walking into theatre knowing you are about to be cut open!!

My emergency c-section was very calm.

Mine was classed as emergency c section, from the decision being made to me being rushed down the corridor in my bed was about 5 mins if that. A consent form was shoved under my nose as I was being wheeled down but I know I didnt read it I just signed cos I was told to!

The reason given for my c section was failure to progress after having gone over 100 hours with my waters broke and there was a high risk of infection to the baby. I was awake though as i was given a spinal block.

Summer was born minutes after getting into the theatre but was rushed straight down to scbu where she was incubated and put on a drip to fight any infection. Thankfully she was able to join me back up on the ward after 2 days.

X

I went into daycare due to lack of movement.. after a scan it showed my baby boy had a heart defect and I was literally swept off my feet and straight into theatre.. the place was full of doctors, nurses, obstetricans etc.
They couldn't get a vein in my arm cos I was shaking so violently and there was blood everywhere.. I got a spinal and I was still shaking...

My baby was literally ripped out of my stomach (words of my consultant) he was in that much danger.
Sadly 2 days later my precious boy died due to heart failure and brain damage as I also had clots in my placenta.

I have also had a planned section and it was all very calm but I kept having flashbacks to my emergency section and I spent the whole operation crying with fear of something going wrong, my baby boy was born a healthy 8lb 1oz.

I am due my 3rd section on the 20th June and I am dreading those flashbacks again.. the memory of that will live with me for the rest of my life.

Sorry for your loss that sound horrible!!!
I hope your 3rd section horse smoothly, try and focus on the memories of Your second and how we'll that went :hugs:

i had a cat 3 emergency c section . . .but i asked them to stop calling it a emergency so they refered to it as a semi emergency! i was due for a c section on the 28th as baby was breech with little fluid to turn but then my waters broke and i started dilating on the 16th so they decided to get her out as she wasn't coming the normal way! a hour later i walked down for the op but then i had a bleed and lost 3 pints of blood and went into shock so the whole day was rush then calm then lots of rushing . .but all is well now x

i was emergency, got to the hospital at 7am and she was delivered at 8:30.
I pretty much went from my waters being broken at 8, to scraping blood from Tabithas head as her heart rate kept dropping then me being wheeled to surgery pretty quickly! i have no idea about signing any consent forms!

I was a calm emergency. I was booked in for elective (22nd) as my son was breech but a week earlier (16th) my waters broke and I started having contractions. I had my csection that afternoon. In my notes it was classed as an emergency, guess because it wasn't planned and as I was in labour with a breech baby.

My water broke at 5 am meconium stained on my due date. I was induced 3 times but I didnt have any contractions or dilation (I only dilated 1 cms after 18 hrs). They scheduled me for emergency CS after 2 hrs due to fetal distress. I wasnt rushed to the OR but they admitted that they waited for too long before starting the CS as DS was stuck & in distress & he needed assistance to breath.

Mine was fairly calm - I walked to the theatre but there was a huge team of neonatal nurses and paediatricians there for Sophie and a lot of people for me too, as neither of us was doing very well by the point they decided to deliver. The actual section itself was quite calm but they did rush Sophie straight off to an adjoining room to get her stabilised and into an incubator etc, without me even seeing her. They seemed pretty calm while they were delivering her but it was all done very very quickly and efficiently. x

I had a crash section, I got to hospital and was 3cm dilated, I was only in the room about 5 minutes before i was surrounded by about 7 midwives saying "don't panic Emily but we need the baby out now" because his hb was dropping. I dont remember signing something but apparently did, OH read it after and i had agreed to a hysterectomy and all sorts, if worst came to worst. Oh and i remember being rushed into surgery, all i can remember is that it was really white and bright. Then i woke up in the middle of a dull room in soo much pain :( Wasnt the birth i expected but atleast my little boy arrived safely

I was rushed in as my baby's heartrate was dropping very low and I wasn't even in labour, I was not even allowed to go for a wee. My OH just about got there in time. It was an awful experience as the spinal block didn't work properly. VERY traumatic experience for me.

mine was emergency, had a massive bleed at home 11days over rushed to hospital, babies heart rate was dipping, they broke my waters and there was meconium in them, heart rate was srill dipping rushed me to theatre, turned out she had cord rounf neck twice and feet, my placenta had ruptured and the cord had detached from placenta, they said if we had een 10 mins later it would of been a different story, it still haunts me now but i have a beautiful healthy daughter <3

Thank you everyone for sharing.
I'm sorry to hear of all the traumatic stories and losses :(

I ended up with an emergency section after I was induced on the drip. My waters broke at 7am on the Saturday before I had her, they didn't take me to the labour ward for pain relief till 8am the next morning. They tried to induce me with a pessary but that didn't work. I was having very bad pains previous to this but apparently they weren't contractions though I think otherwise. They induced me on the drip (syntocin or something like that) and kept increasing it. With the contractions my baby's heartbeat was dropping and was in distress and I wasn't progressing any further than 5cm. They kept taking blood samples of her head but still wasn't enough. In the end they said there was no other option but a section. I already had an epidural at that point so they topped it up and took me to theatre straight away. During the operation my blood pressure dropped a lot though and apparantly I lost 2 litres of blood. I also ended up picking up some sort of infection as they had let me go for so long after my waters broke.

Overall it wasn't a very nice experience for me at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->