Emmie?

lovelylaura

3 little girls
Reaction score
Ok for a first name? Or is it really just a nn?

Were stuck again for names, we've been backwards and forwards this whole pregnancy. I really like Emmie but i don't like any of the name you can shorten it too. Open to any suggestions. Previous names we like Eden Quinn Felicity.

Edit- Also middle name is Blaire so i want her first name to be more girly as our surname is quite masculine.

How about her officially being Emma, with Emmie as her nn?? Ps: I LOVE Eden :)

She has been called Eden for about 4 weeks now but it just doesn't feel right i'm not sure why really i love the name in my head but when i say it out loud it just doesn't feel like her. We do like Emily but it doesn't really fit our other girls names as its quite classic and our girls name aren't, hmm. But we like milly, emmie/y, ellie for nicknames from emily. Also my niece is called Ella and we really wanted ellie with both our girls but my sister wasn't too happy about it. Do you think Emily is too similar too?

Emmie is so cute! Just thinking of names that could be shortened to Emiie:
Emilia (I think this goes beautifully with your elder DD's names)
Esme
Emmaline
Emerald
Esmerelda
Emerson
Clementine

I don't think Emmy/Emily are too similar to Ella at all.

I agree, I don't think Emily is too similar. I like the idea of Emilia, then you have the choice of Emmie or Millie as nn :)

We really liked Emilia even before Poppy. We always thought our first would be called that but when we were due with Poppy the Amelia/Emilia/Emelia name was becoming very common and over used and put us off. Might have to throw that in pot and see what hubby thinks. Thanks for throwing some names at me!

Well it was my nickname for ages (hence my username) and I much prefer it to my actual name! And yep I like it alone.

A name that came to mind when you said Eden is Seren. Sort of similar but maybe a bit more unique? IDK, but thought I'd suggest it!

I like Seren but it doesn't really go with our last name. Reminds me of Wren which ive seen about a bit which i like but i'm not sure if it will make her whole name masculine?

Also do you feel like it would have been a strong enough name for a high position job or even as an adult? The only regret i have with Poppy's name is that it's a bit weak and i'm not sure what it's going to be like on her when she's 40 plus, it seems more of a childish name. Which i'm trying to avoid this time.

I love Wren! I don't think it's masculine at all.

But yep I think it works fine for a high position job, as does Poppy.

I know what you mean about poppy being a childish sounding name, but what you have to remember is that names trend with time, there will be loads of Poppy's, Daisy's, Evie's, etc as young adults in a decade or two and they will all be perfectly normal names for adults, much like Linda, Sharron, Tracy, carol etc is for the forty/fifty year age group now. It would sound equally unusual to name a baby one of those names now. X

Ps poppy is a lovely name :)

I know what you mean about poppy being a childish sounding name, but what you have to remember is that names trend with time, there will be loads of Poppy's, Daisy's, Evie's, etc as young adults in a decade or two and they will all be perfectly normal names for adults, much like Linda, Sharron, Tracy, carol etc is for the forty/fifty year age group now. It would sound equally unusual to name a baby one of those names now. X

Ps poppy is a lovely name :)

This is a really good point. I know several Poppy's, three who are adults and one who is a child. Of the adults one is my dentist, one was a teacher at a school I taught at and the other is accounts manager at a big firm my work uses, all pretty respectable jobs and their name doesn't make them seem out of place :). I think that unless a name is really silly it won't make a person seem out of place in a high up position.

I do have to remind myself sometimes that there are going to be lots of Lilly's Poppy's Evie's so in a few years it wont seem odd. I think at the moment it's a toss up between Emmie/y or Emilia.

Emmie/Emmy is our first choice name. It was my Great Aunt's name and she was a formidable lady x

Emmie is #1 on our girl name list (and I'm not even pg yet)
I like it on it's own or as a nn but personally, I'd use it on it's own.

Emmie is a nice name I quite like it. I knew three girls I grew up with in school called Emmie but for short there real names were Amelia, Emily & Emma but I like Emmie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->