Enamel problem

Discussion in 'Kids & Teenagers' started by reemasams, Dec 24, 2009.

1. reemasams

reemasams Member

my daughter's two front teeth have spots right below the gum line that look like the enamel is coming off the teeth.they don't look good and I'm trying to keep her teeth brushed at least twice a day. My friends son's front teeth did the same thing and he had to have them surgically removed. I am going to take her to a dentist soon so a professional can look at them.

2. craftymum

craftymum Mum to Jacob and Jenna

what colour are the spots? If they are just a slightly different shade from the teeth then they can just be the result of a knock or sometimes it can be just a developmental thing that happened while baby was in the womb, it's nothing to worry about but def get it checked out in case it is something more.

3. MrsKangaroo

MrsKangaroo Mother of 3

Coloured marks on the enamel can also be caused by antibiotics if your child has had to use them for a long time. DS1 had discoloured teeth caused by antibiotics after being on them for 3 months plus with ear problems.