end of april due dates updated with list

Hey hun, how did you get on with the OU today? Hopefully they were a bit more helpful? Fingers, toes and eyes crossed they can find a way to make it work for you :thumbup::hugs:

Yeah was a bit stressful LOL but i made some amazing friends and we are still close now :flower: not to mention got my a levels haha! They dont seem important once you go to uni and then that doesnt seem important once your at work LOL funny how it goes :shrug:

Meh! Sounds like they arent coming then :thumbup: take that as a good thing LOL are you booked in at doc/hospital for your 6 week check? I have mine at the hospital tomorrow...think mines at the hospital cos i had a section :shrug:

DJ ia exactly the same, he has started sneaking in the odd 4 hour nap, sometimes it happens at night :happydance: and sometimes not :dohh: last night was great, he woke at 3.40 fed and was in bed by 4.10 then slept till 7.30 :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: im sure that wont happen again :cry: but these new meds he is on for the reflux seem to really help :happydance:

They ended up phoning me yesterday after, sent me the application forms today so I've printed them off and need to fill them in and I'm ready to go :happydance:

Aw that's nice, the majority of people I were close to in school and college have all drifted away now! I think it's
probably because I've had the baby, but I've always been more mature than a lot of them! That sounds so big headed :haha: but I've never really been one for drinking a lot or going to parties, I'd rather just stay home with a film and a Chinese! :haha: so lazy in other words :winkwink:

Yep I've got my check up on the 14th, and then Elodie's is on the 18th I think! I'm dreading mine, I have to have a smear done and they use a speculum :( when they used a speculum to examine me when my waters broke that was honestly the most painful part of labour haha! Oh well, at least it won't last as long as labour :winkwink: yeah that's probably why yours is at the hospital, mines at the doctors :)

Wow that was a good night lol! How is his reflux now? I hope he's letting you have some more sleep :haha: I just tried a dream feed with Elodie to see if it'll work but because she hasn't had any wind up she's kecking a little bit, so I won't be doing that again :dohh: she did her first real smile when she was a month old! (3 days ago) and yesterday she was so smiley in the morning! Real cute ones love her :) hope you're okay, and DJ!

Yaaay! Thats fantastic news!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: so when do you start? Do you have to go anywhere or is it all from home? so pleased for you hun :happydance:

LOL i love staying in and having take out, so relaxing eh! then again im an old bugger so its expected haha!

Ohh im sure the speculum only hurt cos you were in labor hun, smears dont usually hurt :thumbup: i have had 3 and none have ever hurt :thumbup: but when they checked how dilated i was i was in agony LOL so i think its all to do with being in labor :flower: How are you recovering?? you went through so much, its weird looking back isnt it :hugs:

My check up was a waste of time, the baby screamed the whole time i was waiting and i had to hold him and bob him about through the whole appointment!! :blush: so she didnt even check me, just said i have to carry on with my meds cos my bp is still high :dohh: and i can go back and ask more questions about the crash section at any time...it did bring it back a bit, horrible (shudder) but i just look at my beautiful boy and remember it was all worth it and he is safe and well :flower:

The new meds have kicked in, he is also having infacol and formula and is like a different baby, settled and sleeping loads but also calm when he is awake. when he cries its normal baby im hungry/wet/windy cry and not the painful screaming he was doing....such a relief hope it stays like this, poor bubs has been through the mill but seems settled now :cloud9:

Whats dream feeding? someone else mentioned it too and i dunno wat it is or why do it?? How is Elodie getting on? Is she still settled and no more colic?? So cute all her smiling :flower: melts your heart their smiling doesnt it :cloud9:

Thank you :) the beginning of October the course actually starts, but I wanted to apply early because it's really popular apparently! All from home, but there's one exam at the end of it :) I'm quite excited lol! Nervous too though but hopefully I'll be able to manage :wacko:

Aw that makes me feel better lol, hopefully it won't hurt as much then! But when I had my sweep before I went into labour that hurt lots aswell, oh well it's got to be done.. :dohh: yeah I was the same lol! When I was 3cm though it didn't hurt half as much! Or further on than that, even when the doctor stuck her hand up there and felt the baby turn :rofl: I'm recovering really well thank you :) how are you feeling now? Have your stitches more or less healed? So did you lol! I know, it seems like yesterday but Elodie is 5 weeks old today :( I still feel really guilty about the delivery though, I feel like I could have pushed more/harder :dohh:

Oh no lol! Naughty DJ :haha: hopefully the meds will balance that out then :flower: that's good that you've got the option to talk about it though, it might make you feel better then! That's true, it's not like it was your fault or anything :)

Wow that's brilliant that he's so much better! I bet you feel so refreshed now after all this extra sleep that you're not used to :haha: I hope he stays like it!

Feeding them when they're asleep, I think you're supposed to do it between 10-11pm, it didn't work though lol, she still woke at 2ish which is normal for her! It apparently makes them sleep through better, it doesn't though :haha: she's okay thank you, was up with her from 2 until 10 past 4 this morning because she wouldn't settle at all, then I couldn't sleep until about 5 lol! Had a few extra hours sleep then until 9 but I'm still shattered, and she won't settle today either :( she wants to be standing up rocked all the time and I've got a bad back anyway but because of rocking her last night I've irritated it more so I can't rock her :dohh: her smiling seems so long ago now she's screaming like this lol!

Wow October seems like so far away but i bet it will whiz round in the blink of an eye! dont be nervous hun you will do great! im sure your mum will help out so you will be able to mange just fine :hugs:

Eak that dont sound so great :wacko: bet your glad thats all behind you now LOL dont be daft you should never feel guilty for the delivery you had hun, you had a really tough one and went through more than most so think how tough you are and you couldnt have done more to get your baby here safe!

Im ok hun, healing well, think i got my period now :dohh: been a hormonal moo all week then bleeding started again so i think thats period and not the lochia :thumbup: i dont feel like i gave birth, he was cut out of me so i cant say i gave birth to him, the words get stuck and i ALWAYS correct myself and say when he was born or when he came out LOL :dohh: so i guess unless you have the perfect delivery we all have things we arent happy about or feel sad about :flower:

Well, his recovery was short lived :dohh: we were back at the hospital today and they have changed his meds around so lets hope this new lot/doses work ...not looking good though, he screamed from 7 till 9 tonight :cry: hate it, cant stand him being in pain :cry:

Ohhh ok i think thats what hubby does before he comes to bed, feeds him while he is snoozy, he only takes a little bit of his feed to be honest and it seems like DJ is trying to phase that feed out cos he takes less and less and doesnt seem fussed by it at all :shrug: wish it was the 3/4am feed he wasnt bothered by LOL :rofl:

Eugh sucks when they wont settle in the night, its like they can smell our desperation to get back to bed :dohh: have you tried bringing her in bed with you? Sometimes when i cant take it any more i let him sleep on my chest in bed for a while and try again to put him in his cot when he seems sparko...although a couple of times i just let him stay in our bed :haha:

How is your back now?? I hope she has settled for you now? Its hard work when they scream so much isnt it :dohh: i noticed DJ likes when i bop about which i think is from when i was bouncing on my ball in pregnancy haha!!

We had to get a mini cot cos he is too big for his moses basket now, he is so long it wouldnt be long before he took up the whole thing LOL so we got the small one from kiddicare was great, £60 for the cot and mattress and it fits in our room lovely, more room for him but dont take too much of our room up :thumbup:

Yeah the woman on the phone said that it's going to be really hard but I said that I've got a good support system and she said I should be ok so hopefully :) I'm really excited lol! I just need to wait for some details to fill in the forms and send them off but hopefully I'll get a place :wacko:

Even though my labour was hard and ended up going wrong I still miss it lol! I'd do anything to go back to that day! I know I shouldn't feel guilty but I do, I don't really know how to stop it either :dohh:

Oh no, I bet the period pains will bring back memories from labour aswell! I think I'm going to come on soon too, my left boob always hurts when I'm about to :rofl: that's true :) I suppose I'm lucky in a way because they said that if they couldn't have pulled her out in 3 tries then I would have had to have a caesarean and I bet your recovery was a lot more painful than mine! :( I always say the same, when people say 'ooh I bet that hurt' I always say 'well the contractions weren't too bad but I don't know about pushing because I had to have forceps!' Haha! We should be proud really, we both went through hard times but we both did well :)

Oh no, I hope his new meds are working now? Bless him, he's had a rough ride!

I wish the baby would phase feeds out haha! She loves her milk, the health visitor came and weighed her today, at 5 weeks and 3 days she's 10lb 7oz! Little chubber no wonder I've been having a bad back :rofl:

I did that this morning, let her sleep in my bed for a bit but as soon as I put her in her Moses basket she started crying! She loves being cwtched up haha, too spoilt :dohh:

It's a lot better today thank you :) she's been good today! And she was pretty good last night, instead of bringing her downstairs with the light on I've bought a bag that keeps bottles warm so I take that to bed with me :) change her nappy first, feed her, wind her and back to bed all in the dark and it worked lol! She went straight down! :thumbsup: Elodie is the same! She loves being stood up and being bounced about, a killer in the nights lol!

Oh love him! How much is he weighing now? I don't think Elodie is going to be long in hers bless her, she's getting long! Wow that's a good price!

Soooo sorry hun, i just dont know where the time goes...how time can fly when you have had a baby screaming at you non stop i will never know LOL must be the lack of sleep :sleep::haha:

So, DJ is on 3 times the amount of meds he was on a couple of weeks back :wacko: they upped it again today so hopefully it will finally kick this reflux he did seem to perk up last week but been a nightmare again this week, i dunno if its cos he put on loads more weight :shrug: another 8oz so now 11lb1oz

How are you and Elodie doing hun? How much does she weigh now? She was such a great weight at 5 weeks! now she has set a high target for weight gain each week LOL DJ did the same so now when he only puts on a little i panic hehe :blush::dohh: Is she still in her moses? We were still using the one downstairs for a while as it was a bit bigger but he rocked it in his sleep on Sunday so we now have SIL's travel cot! Phew!

Hows the feeding and changing in the dark going?? Since you said that i have been bringing formula cartons up and bottles and feeding him on the end of the bed and quick change of nappy and back in bed, he screamed for like 2 hours each feed at the beginning of the week but last night he was back in bed within half hour!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: thanks for the handy tip :thumbup:

Wow your nuts LOL I would do anything to never have to go back to that day, was awful!!!!!!!! The only thing i would like to go back to was the first time i saw my little bambino, i really didnt take in how special it was at the time, i was too out of it on the gas and air ....and shock i think!

Did you get your forms done and sent off?? When will you know if you have a place? Keeping everything crossed for you hun :hugs::flower:

It's fine lol! I just got a bit worried because I hadn't heard how everything was going for a while lol! Tell me about it, I have no idea where the day goes anymore :dohh: it feels like I'm living for the 3 hourly routine :haha:

Oh love him :( fingers crossed that this time it'll work! You're strong going through that, I bet he can be a right pain sometimes and I complain about Elodie when she has a bit of a grizzly day :haha: perhaps it could be! A growth spurt maybe?

We're both fine thank you :) she's gurgling loads now and smiling all the time :cloud9: she's not herself today though, slept a lot until this evening then was quite grumpy and she's pooed loads but only little bits at a time :wacko: I'm going to see what she's like tonight and in the morning and phone the midwife! Yesterday at 6 weeks and 4 days she was 11lb 3oz :haha: she's putting near enough 12 ounces on a week! The little chubber lol! She's still in Moses basket but I don't think she will be for much longer, I've got a travel cot here if she grows out of it before I swap rooms anyway thank god :thumbsup:

A lot better than before! I'm getting a lot more sleep and so is Elodie because she's going longer stretches in between now she's not being properly woken up when I'm changing her and everything :thumbsup: no problem! Isn't it a lot easier? I don't know why we didn't think of it before :haha:

I know lol!! I think it's because it was just all so exciting and because I finally met Elodie, I'd just love that feeling again of her being born and placed on my chest :cloud9: an easier labour next time though please :haha: me too lol! I think that's what I miss more than anything, the gas and air :winkwink:

Yep all filled in and sent them off today! :) I think I should get a place, I'm applying pretty early because I think the deadline is August or September so fingers crossed :flower: thank you :)

Eugh i cant wait for the 3 hours to turn in to 4 LOL although he has slept from midnight to 4am for last 3 nights so maybe he's changing? I dunno, dont want to get my hopes up :wacko:

Yeah its hard to tell if they are working yet cos he has been wingey and i dunno if thats the jabs :dohh: although he hasnt done is pain screaming so thats defo an improvement :thumbup: hope it lasts!

Aww bless her, i bet she is cute when she grizzles though LOL :flower: DJ literally screams its awful, poor thing has been in so much pain :cry: im glad he is on the mend he is like a different baby he even smiles now :cloud9: hope she is ok hun, im sure its probs the heat or something, try not to worry but defo call nhs direct if your worried :thumbup: Wow she is packing on the oz's bless her its so lovely them putting on the weight :cloud9: was such a worry last week when he lost 2oz in 3 days makes me appreciate his gains all the more :thumbup:

Does she like the travel cot? He likes ours but wont sleep in it so i have had to order a mattress for it and hope that helps :dohh: Haha yeah i miss the gas and air too!!!! :winkwink:

Phew, glad your form is all filled and sent hun now you can look forward to hearing back from them and have no worries about your forms :thumbup:

Have you been to any baby clubs yet? I havent been to any but i have met up with a local mum who also had a EMCS 3 days before mine so was nice to chat to someone going through similar stuff at the same time :flower:

In the nights Elodie can go about 5 hours sometimes but then for the next feed it's like 3 hours later ON THE DOT :haha: I can't wait for her to do longer stretches either, I've forgotten what a full nights sleep is like! She's awake now in her mises basket but I'm trying to let her get herself to sleep, won't work though she's getting more worked up now and screaming :dohh:

Aw love him, that's a good sign at least! Elodie's got her injections soon, I'm dreading it :(

It is but not when it's the middle of the night lol! :haha: aw that's an improvement then! Bless him :) yeah I phoned them after and explained and told me to ring my out of hours doctors because her nappies wasn't as wet as normal and they just said wait it out basically because she's still taking feeds well :( I took her to the doctors aswell just to make sure and they said the same :dohh: she's better now but still not 100%!

I haven't tried her in it yet, I'm going to soon I just haven't got round to it. Lol oh I bet Elodie won't have that trouble :haha: she'll fall asleep anywhere lol, she's flat out on my chest now :dohh:

Yep I'm glad too, it was such a worry with it because they're so hard to understand, it's all really confusing with open uni :wacko: really excited to start now though :thumbup:

Not yet, my health visitor said there's some younger mam groups quite local to me but I'm not sure when so I'll have to ask when I see her next! I think I'd rather go to a young mothers one because I won't feel as patronised then :thumbup: oh wow I bet that made you feel a lot better actually talking to someone who knows what you went through :flower:

Ohh wow thats amazing! Sooooo wish DJ would go 5 hours :cloud9: yeah i have given up hope of ever having a half decent sleep LOL just destined to daydream about the time we used to sleep :haha: makes me blush that i used to moan in pregnancy that i was missing sleep when i would wake up once in the night:rofl:

Does she often send herself to sleep? DJ sometimes does but ONLY if he has been put down to sleep, opens his eyes wriggles a bit then will sometimes go to sleep on his own LOL i dunno when they are supposed to put themselves to sleep?

Poor bubby, seems so cruel when the docs are like that :( how is she now? Any improvement? Dont forget there is always em doc if you cant get in to your docs with her :thumbup:

Might be worh trying the group? I need to get my bum in gear and go to one of the groups round here LOL i always seem to fill my week up somehow :haha:

I feel bad complaining about how bad my sleep is when you've got a baby that wakes more than Elodie :dohh: it's just getting used to broken sleep lol! I used to hate it when people said 'get all your sleep in now while you've got the chance!' But I know what they mean haha! It's tiring even in the day, it's emotionally draining too I think :wacko:

Sometimes she does, she used to then she stopped, she's getting back into it now though! Rarely you can put her down and she'll go to sleep, or she does a bit more if she's half awake but if you put her down and she doesn't want to be put down she'll let you know :winkwink: I think it just depends when they learn, sometimes they can do it from birth, sometimes not for a few months I think!

I know:( she's a bit better now thank you, her nappies are wetter and she's not as sleepy but still pooing so I'm going to take her up to baby clinic Tuesday to get her weighed and if she hasn't put on around 12 ounces or lost weight then I'm going to get a second opinion and see if they can do something, hate seeing her ill bless her!

Yeah I'll ask my health visitor when I see her! :) me and my friend and her son are going to try baby massage Tuesday I think :haha: not sure what happens there but it's worth a go lol! I need to start filling my week up :dohh: it gets me down sometimes! My best friend stopped talking to me when I got pregnant and I don't know why, she just cut all contact :wacko: I know it sounds so childish but I've really been missing her lately! She won't answer me to tell me what I did that was so bad either :dohh:

Me and my friend are going to start swimming and fitness classes this week and I'm eating healthy so bye bye baby weight :winkwink: Elodie has her injections on the 2nd July, I'm so scared! I didn't think I'd cry at her heel prick test but they took her in the other room and I heard her cry and I had a huge lump in my throat, had to push the tears back :(

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't been on here for a while! Full time job this baby lark!
I really can't remember what a full night sleep is!
Can't get Bjorn down til around midnight then he is normally up at 2,5 and 7 the 5am wake is the worst as that's when it's hardiest to get him back down and also when I feel the most exhausted! He will also only go down after a feed.
Bjorn had his 8 week jabs two weeks ago and it just breaks your heart!
Feff I need to start swimming classes to get rid of this bloody baby weight! Still have 8lb to go and just can't shake it! Fit into my pre pregnancy clothes but not comfortably! Also my boobs look like two baseballs!!
Bjorn is very constipated all the time but doesn't have colic thank god!
Hope your all well! Xxx

Lol tell me about it, i'm lucky i've got such a laid back baby!

Sorry Bjorn is a pain in the nights rooster! Oh no :( I'm so afraid for them! I haven't even weighed yet lol I'm going to after Elodie settles, I'd say I need to lose a stone at least :( same here! Well, the other day I bought myself some new clothes for a treat and I could fit back into a size 12! Was so shocked :haha: Elodie was constipated all the time too but I put her on comfort milk which helped :) my health visitor said that one poo a day is okay but if they don't go for a couple of days you can give them boiled water with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed orange juice :wacko: I don't know if it works though! Hope everything is okay :flower: xx

Aww the jabs are ok done in seconds and they stop crying before you have time to put them back in pram and leave lol. Just make sure you have calpol to hand if her temp goes up :thumbup: did you go to the clinic? What did they say? Is she better now? I guess they pick up bugs too?

How did you get on with baby massage and hv? Did you start your fitness classes? I NEED to get back to slimming world but just too tired to bother booooo...need motivation :dohh: on the plus side DJ has dropped his midnight feed so only a matter of time till 4 am feed goes bye bye wahoo :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sounds like your old friend wasn't much of a friend at all to ditch you when you need friends the most :growlmad: I would stop texting her if I were you, you will meet mums your age with babies similar age to Elodie who will be more supportive :thumbup::hugs:

Omg my iPad keeps replacing words grrrr not used to this thing!! Much easier to shift about than my clunky laptop though :thumbup:

Hey rooster Hun :hugs: how you getting on? Are you still bfing? I noticed DJ goes longer now he on formula :thumbup: x

I just have a feeling that she'll cry loads :( she hasn't been herself again today she was screaming earlier it was horrible :( I think it was a bit of a bad belly though because she had some farts burps and poos and was better then :haha: yeah I went to the clinic and she's putting weight on (11.12 now!) so the health visitor said to try cutting get bottles down by an ounce and getting size 2 teats! Hopefully that'll work :thumbup: she's been better than when it first started apart from today :( no idea what's wrong but it's killing me seeing her unwell, especially when nobody knows what it is :( how is DJ?

I didn't go to baby massage after, my friends baby didn't wake up until 10.40am and it started at 11 haha! Lucky devil :winkwink: I've started swimming with my friend :) I really enjoyed it! Loved getting back in the pool :) I know lol it's hard finding the motivation :haha: wow lucky you! Go DJ! Won't be long and you'll be having a full nights sleep again, grrrrr :winkwink:

I know :( it's just strange because I don't have a clue why! She'll regret it when her and her boyfriend splits up anyway, she's gave up everybody for him :dohh: yep. I'm going to ask my health visitor about that young mams group next week and see about going to that :)

I use my iphone and I have to take 20 minutes at the end of a post to make sure it makes sense lol! Stupid autocorrect!! Xx

Awe it is horrible seeing them cry really makes me wanna cry too but they really do stop super quick cos they realise the pain is gone I guess lol DJ slept for about an hour after then got really fussy and hot so I gave him some calpol and he was fine after that :thumbup:

How come they said to reduce the bottle? Is she gaining too quick? Hate when they do that, they said we were over feeding DJ now he is fussy with his food I would love love love if he had too much! How much does she take how regular? We are lucky to get 3 oz 3 hourly lately :dohh: driving me nuts feels like I'm always trying to get him to take more :nope:

Omg lucky friend, what time does her bubs go to bed? Wow 10:40 we can but dream! LOL!!! Ohh swimming is so nice, I might start going with my mum again, was also gonna go with my cousin and our bubbys :thumbup:

She will regret it, but no point in hanging round till she does, let her come running when she realises what a bad friend she is :thumbup: lol autocorrect has a lot to answer for hehe :winkwink: just done my check lol probs. issued some haha! X

Yeah me too :( Elodie never cries like she's in pain but she was earlier and it was horrible because I couldn't do anything, I'll be worse than her next week :haha: aw thanks for telling me about the calpol, I'll have to get some in!

Because they think that 6oz is too much and she doesn't really want it but because she's being offered it shes drinking it anyway so that could be what is making her ill, and they said to use bigger teats because it could be that she's working too hard for her milk :wacko: she was on 6oz every 3-4ish hours, but now she's back to 5oz it's normally every 3 hours in the day and random in the night, but it depends how lazy she's being lol! Oh love him :( has his weight gain slowed down? How come he's down so low now?

I know lol! Well normally he sleeps from 11-7 but I'm not sure what time he went to bed that day, imagine 11 - near enough 11 lol, I'd love it! Yeah I love swimming, that and running is the only exercise I like :haha:

Yeah I'm just fed up of it now lol! It's sad really how most of my friends have drifted now I have a baby :( it was the same when I was pregnant but I had more people being nosey then lol! I think that's why I miss being pregnant so much tbh, the attention and the people around me as bad as that sounds :wacko:

Haha autocorrect strikes again :winkwink: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->