end of april due dates updated with list

This is the first chance I've had to reply lol! Elodie's the same :haha: aw love him, big boy! Just went to the hospital for the heel prick test and she's only lost 70 grams!

Yeah I do use it a little bit, I just don't want her getting reliant on it! I hate it when she's windy, she's so grizzly and brings her knees up love her :( yeah she's getting more alert lol, she's so strong too! She throws herself about and lifts her head up all by herself :wacko:

My mam is so helpful thank god, she had the baby the first night home because I was shattered and she had her last night because I'm so sore I can bearly get up and out of bed :dohh: had my stitches checked earlier though and they're healing well apparently so I think everything's just pulling together down there now :wacko:

How is everyone and LO's? :flower: I still can't stop looking at Elodie :haha: she's like a tele lol!

Wow had a horrible couple of days with a very grumpy baby but he seems to have settled a lot more now PHEW!!! Also, they confirmed at a second appointment he defo has tongue tie :wacko:

Feff how are you getting on now hun? Are you recovering well now after a few days rest?? How is Elodie getting on? Hope she is a good girl for you? Thank goodness for you mum! She sounds like she has been an amazing support for you :flower: I hear the Dr brown bottles are good fo windy/colic babies :thumbup:

Rooster, Princess, Jenny and Lovely how are you getting on ladies? hope your LO's are being good for you and getting nice and chunky :happydance:

Are any of you getting more than a few hours sleep at night? If you are, im jealous LOL :wacko:

Aw love him Smanderson, glad he's being better now! Perhaps that's why you were having trouble breast feeding? Because of his tongue tie?

I'm okay thank you, Elodie was a bit grizzly last night wanting to be cuddled to sleep and was kecking in her sleep so I had to keep an eye on her :wacko: so I'm a bit tired today lol! I've been putting tea tree oil in my bath and it's helped so much with my stitches! The only thing now is I'm feeling all tight and uncomfortable down there :dohh: she's fine thank you, still a bugger with her wind :dohh: infacol isn't working so I've got dentanox to try, going to try and look for some colief too :thumbup: she's been a bit ill these past few days too, been constipated so I rang the hospital and they said to add more fluid to her bottles which made her sick and she's still pooing funny :dohh: I think it might be her milk so I'm going to see what she's like in a few days! Yeah she's been really helpful and supportive :) I'm going to get some of those too, I will not be defeated by these burps! :haha:

How is DJ doing? How do you feel now after the c section?

I'm lucky, she sleeps and wakes near enough every 3 hours for milk, winding and nappy change and that's all :haha: would be perfect if it wasn't for her wind!

Well, the break was short lived cos he is back to angry baby today :dohh: im not sure if is the cause of the grumps but he has a cold and is all snuffly so maybe once that passes he will chill again....i can but dream LOL

Sounds like your healing well hun :thumbup: its early days still so will be uncomfortable for a while i guess but its good news your healing up :flower: im sorry she has been constipated though :( hopefully she will feel better soon :thumbup: does sound like its the milk, maybe try a different one?? which one did you say you were using? They used cow n gate at the hospital when DJ had low blood sugar so maybe thats a good one? I also heard Hipp is a good one, i hear its called magic milk :thumbup:

I think thats whats been causing the problem but i dunno if its the only issue cos he is so used to the bottle now he may not want to work for the milk like they have to when bfing :shrug: we'll see how he goes after the snip i guess :thumbup: Im recovering well from the section, have to remind myself not to lift heavy stuff or do too much cos other than that i feel back to normal...well, a sleep deprived normal hehe :winkwink:

Awww Elodie sounds like shes a really good girl for you, bless her :flower: defo worth trying them bottles :thumbup: also, are you able to try gripe water yet? i never heard of dentanox what is it?? or colief for that matter LOL im interested cos DJ gets trapped wind lots and also pukes up milk regularly and i think its the wind causing it so would be great to have some back up plans :thumbup:

Wow had a horrible couple of days with a very grumpy baby but he seems to have settled a lot more now PHEW!!! Also, they confirmed at a second appointment he defo has tongue tie :wacko:

Feff how are you getting on now hun? Are you recovering well now after a few days rest?? How is Elodie getting on? Hope she is a good girl for you? Thank goodness for you mum! She sounds like she has been an amazing support for you :flower: I hear the Dr brown bottles are good fo windy/colic babies :thumbup:

Rooster, Princess, Jenny and Lovely how are you getting on ladies? hope your LO's are being good for you and getting nice and chunky :happydance:

Are any of you getting more than a few hours sleep at night? If you are, im jealous LOL :wacko:

What's a full night sleep? Haven't had that in months! Bjorn woke up every 2 hours last night. He is constipated and is very sore! Apart entry it's rare for breast fed babies to become constipated?!
:cry:
Hope your ok sm. x

What's a full night sleep? Haven't had that in months! Bjorn woke up every 2 hours last night. He is constipated and is very sore! Apart entry it's rare for breast fed babies to become constipated?!
Hope your ok sm. x

Hehe its frightening when being wide awake at 4am feels normal isnt it!! :wacko: im so fed up being stuck to the pump all day and night too :dohh: hopefully this tongue tie op will mean i can bf bubs properly :happydance:

I dunno about constipation hun :nope: hopefully it will pass soon though, someone told me you can give them cooled boiled water for a drink, maybe that would help?? im sure all babies get constipated at some point hun try not to worry but you could always call your HV or doc and ask them for advice? :hugs: xxx

Hope your ok sm. x

Hehe its frightening when being wide awake at 4am feels normal isnt it!! :wacko: im so fed up being stuck to the pump all day and night too :dohh: hopefully this tongue tie op will mean i can bf bubs properly :happydance:

I dunno about constipation hun :nope: hopefully it will pass soon though, someone told me you can give them cooled boiled water for a drink, maybe that would help?? im sure all babies get constipated at some point hun try not to worry but you could always call your HV or doc and ask them for advice? :hugs: xxx

Thanks Samanderson, will go to the gp tomorrow if still no poopy!

I know! I wake up at 5am and think its proper morning time! Time is completely different now!
When Is he getting the tongue tie op? :hugs:

Hi ladies,

Iv not had the best few weeks, on antibiotics, then had to have a tooth pulled which has turned into a dry socket :-( iv had to stop breastfeeding due to needing strong psin killers, and my antidepressant meds back :-(

Hubby has returned to work now, on nights, so im doing the feeds all week. She has been good for me tho. Bottles at 7,10,2, and iv just warmed one up and the lil miss has gone back to sleep lol.

Rooster how is Bjorn getting on now hun? Any movemnt on the constipation?? They are sending the referral tomorrow for the op so hopefully we will hear by the end of the week but they said they may not let him go through yet cos he dont latch well, crazy seen as he cant latch due to the tongue tie :wacko: still, im keeping everything crossed they will still let him through :thumbup:

Jenny im sorry your having a tough time hun :hugs: dont worry about not bfing anymore you have to be happy and healthy to be able to look after LO so its defo for the best this way :thumbup: you really have been through the mill havent you hun :hugs::hugs::hugs: sounds like she is sleeping well and not waking you too much through the night :flower: you lucky lucky lady :winkwink:

DJ has decided night time is great for staring around and refusing to go back to sleep and when he finally does sleep its for about an hour and a half or two hours if we are lucky whilst in the daytime he sleeps for 3 hours wakes for a feed and sleeps for another 3 hours :wacko: still, for now we are snoozing in the day too :thumbup: hubby back at work next week :cry: really dont want him to go :cry:

Sorry haven't been able to reply! Elodie is starting to be grizzly after her feeds and won't be put straight back down anymore, she wants rocking to sleep :dohh: will just answer quick questions because it's her supper time and she's stirring :haha:

I'm using SMA milk, I've changed to SMA comfort now though because it's easier to digest (according to the tin) so I'm going to see how that goes, no poo today though :( think I'm going to try some boiled water after this feed!

Not allowed to use gripe water until she's a month old! Dentanox is colic drops but it helps with wind :thumbup: it did help but not too much, I'm not really using it in her bottles now though I think I'll use it this feed though again :thumbup: I think colief is the same, it's expensive though :wacko:

Hope everyone is doing well! And not going mad from the lack of sleep :haha: managed to get out today on my own, was nice to see some friends!

Awww bless her, hope she settles for you soon hun :hugs: shame you cant try gripe water yet but at least you can try the other remedies :thumbup: keeping everything crossed you find one that works soon :flower:

im starting to wonder if DJ has colic as he has been screaming every morning between 5am and 11am :dohh: nothing calms him, nothing!! :nope: still no news on the referral either :dohh: hopefully we will hear soon though :thumbup:

It seems to just get harder to get on here LOL i was thinking things got easier as time went on?!?!? :wacko:

He smiled today in the bath though, im pretty sure it wasnt gas LOL and he was copying me when i opened my mouth wide or poked my tongue out :cloud9: so cute, now if only he would copy my not screaming!! :winkwink:

She's starting to get better with it now thank god! I think she just needed to get used to it, hopefully it sticks!

Oh no, I bet that's hard :( how is he now? Still the same? Perhaps it is colic, I use the tommee tippee bottles with the anti colic valve sometimes for Elodie's wind, perhaps they would help him? Hope he's better soon!

Lol tell me about it! I just haven't got the time and when I have I haven't got the energy to reply :haha:

Oh love him :haha: that's early for him to smile isn't it? Clever boy! I was poking my tongue out to Elodie earlier and she was doing it back, think it was just coincidence though :winkwink:

The nights are getting a lot harder now as time goes on :wacko: I can't remember the last time I had a decent nights sleep! I've been feeling pretty down lately too, mostly in the nights but it's getting to the point where I'm crying quite a bit because I feel like I can't cope and the baby would be better off if I wasn't here :wacko: I think I'm going to see if I still feel like it in a few days and make an appointment at the doctors, I think it's because the baby's been harder to settle and I normally feel like it when she won't stop crying :dohh: I've changed her milk recently so I think that's what's been making her grizzly! Fingers crossed lol :haha:

Hope everyone is well :)

Feff im so sorry hun, been having a total mare here with DJ he has had bad reflux and non stop screaming for days :wacko: took him to pediatric docs and they said we were over feeding him :blush: and he has reflux so now have to go back to 4oz feeds but he has also to have gaviscon....makes his poop weird :wacko:

How are you feeling now hun? You can cope hun it just takes time to get used to things, its such a huge change and its overwhelming! I felt the same way and she is defo NOT better off without you, she loves you to pieces, you are her mummy and nothing trumps mummy :flower:

I felt similar recently though cos i couldnt soothe him when he was screaming but it turns out he was in pain cos of the reflux and over feeding so its no wonder i couldnt help him. Im sure its the same for Elodie, if she wont settle its cos she is struggling with her milk, which you are working on trying to find one that works for her....defo recommend Hipp milk, a friend tells me its magic milk :thumbup:

Ughh my baby brain has gotten worse not better lol! I keep forgetting to reply :dohh: sorry Smanderson!

Oh no I hope he's better now :( how many oz's was he having? Elodie got moved up to 4 at about 2 weeks old and she's draining them now :haha: she put on 12 oz in 8 days! :wacko: she's a greedy bugger lol.

I'm feeling lots better now thank you :) I still have my down moments but not half as bad as what I was :) I think that's what it was, just feeling so overwhelmed because you just get thrown into motherhood lol there's no easing yourself into it! I've been looking at courses on open university and I'm going to enrol in one tomorrow and I feel so much better knowing that I won't just be a mam, I'll be doing something for me aswell :)

I hope you're feeling okay, and DJ's reflux is better! Has he had his tongue tie cut now? Elodie's lots better on her milk now thank god, she near enough slept through the other night lol! She's better with her wind too and her poo's are better, so all in all we're getting there :haha:

Haha we're as bad as each other :rofl: well, we will just reply when we can... or at least when we remember :haha::thumbup: Glad to hear your feeling better hun :hugs: it really is overwhelming! No one can prepare you for it can they, i always thought they were being mean laughing and saying about no sleep and poopy nappies etc :blush::dohh:

Thats great her wind is getting better, what did you use that helped? Or is she just growing out of it? Lucky you getting some decent sleep!! Thats great weight gain hun :thumbup: DJ a right porker now, 9lb5oz :haha: He was scoffing 5oz so we put him back to 4 and he is doing much better, the projectile vomiting has stopped thank goodness. He had his tongue tie cut on Thursday and he is feeding loads better but still refusing to bf :dohh:

What course have you enrolled in hun? Great idea to do a course, will defo give you something for you but will also help build toward both of your futures :thumbup:

I know lol! Oh well, we're not doing it on purpose at least :haha: me too lol, I used to laugh at the fact people thought it was just 'milk, wind, nappy, sleep' but that's all Elodie does lol! With some screaming thrown in aswell :haha:

I think she just grew out of it! I used dentanox and tommee tippee anti colic bottles for a while and I think she sort of learnt how to do it from them, I hardly use dentanox now but I still use 2 tommee tippee bottles with her avent ones :) wow what a chubber :winkwink: I love seeing her little rolls of fat on her legs and neck :haha: wow 5oz! Yeah I bet he feels lots better now the being sick has stopped, I think if you gave them 10oz bottles sometimes they'd have a good go at it :dohh: silly greedy babies lol! Perhaps he just doesn't like the breast? Could you sort of coax him on to it? That's brilliant news about him feeding better though :)

An introduction to health and social care :) I was going to do similar in college anyway, but in college it's 2 years full time but at home it's 9 months and I'm with the baby, so I think it'd be the best option :) I really want to work in the caring profession see and you can get into university with it to do adult, child and mental health nursing plus midwifery! Also I emailed a university asking do they accept it for a psychology degree and they said yes so it's a really good option I think, well, I hope :winkwink:

Hope all is well :flower:

LOL yeah DJ is pretty much the same apart from he also stares at lights and his screaming/crying is pretty much all the time (or thats how it feels LOL)

Ohh i'll give dentanox a go i think, we have a mix of bottles but he does seem to get less wind when we use the tomee tippee bottles :thumbup: LOL DJ has a double chin (like me!) love when he is sleepy after a feed he looks so adorable :cloud9: he has been sick again so back on the gaviscon...might wait till we take him off it again before i try the dentanox dont want to give him too many potions LOL

How much is Elodie weighing at now hun? DJ weighed at 9lb11oz on Wednesday :happydance: cute little fat face haha!! I think im gonna give up on trying to breast feed him, he is happy with the bottle so i will just pump until my milk goes i think :thumbup:

Ooohh that sounds great hun :thumbup: very interesting and a great career, i think midwives are utterly amazing after my experience in hospital i love them all they were so wonderful!! :flower: 9 months is really good!!! do you have to do anything after or do you go straight in to a job??

xxx

Elodie loves her 'it's a girl' banners! We literally can't take them down because she stares at them all the time :haha: weird babies! Oh no, is he still not settled? :(

Lol yeah that's what I did, tried each one but not altogether because I was afraid she'd get too reliant on them! Isn't it cute?! I love Elodie's windy smiles when she has milk all around her mouth :haha:

She was 8.12 last Friday, the health visitor isn't coming now until not this Monday but the Monday after because she was happy with how we were doing :) the midwife hasn't shown up for 2 weeks :dohh: I haven't even been discharged just nobody has turned up! Useless. Oh what a chubber! :haha: yeah that sounds like a good idea, you're not beating yourself up then either about him not liking breast feeding :flower:

I've wanted to be a midwife for a while but after having the baby I definitely would like to be one! Yeah I agree, I loved them all lol they were so nice :) it's sort of like college in a way, you still have to do the 3 year midwifey degree after it but it's an alternative to going to college and getting a levels which takes 2 years so in a way it's easier, but in another way it's going to be harder because its crammed into 9 months! Oh well, it's worth a shot.. :winkwink: still waiting for them to get back to me though! :( I have to apply through the young applicants department because I won't be 18 when the course starts, I rang them Tuesday and still nothing :dohh:

I'm feeling rubbish today, and last night! Glands are swollen, sore throat, funny head :( think I'll go up the doctors after to see if they can sort me out, the last thing I need is to be ill then give it to the baby! :dohh: at least the sun is out today! xx

<3 <3 love the sound of Elodies windy milky smiles <3 <3

Aww no im sorry your not feeling well hun :hugs: i had that last week and it went after a couple of days, i needed extra rest so hubby had to pick up the slack but i think its more to do with being so tired from the night feeds :dohh:

Sounds like a great course and much better to do fast track, it will be hard work but you will do great just remember your end goal! I did my a levels in 9 months too, it was hard at times but really worth it in the end :thumbup:

hmm are you sure the midwifes are due to keep coming? they only came to me for 1 week and i had high blood pressure issues, they couldnt wait to discharge me LOL great news about the hv though :happydance:

Im trying DJ on dummies to see if that will help him settle but he is still suffering poor little sausage :cry: hopefully the gaviscon will help :thumbup:

Sorry, I keep forgetting to reply lol!! :dohh:

Yeah I think that's what it was, I feel better now but still not 100% :( the baby just constantly wants to be rocked to sleep so it takes about half hour to get her off, that's after her feed, winding and changing her! I'm a tired mama :haha:

Well OU rang back about that course and said because it's a module I can't get funding, so I'm confused lol! They're ringing me back tomorrow though so I can try and get some answers then, I make everything so complicated :haha: wow, a levels in 9 months?! You're mad :haha: I found them so difficult!

Yep, I had an appointment made but she never showed up, then nobody did the week after either, I'm assuming nobody will come this week either :haha:

Oh love him :( how is he doing now? Elodie is a month old today! Time has gone so fast lol :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->