End of February Testing Thread - Welcome back January Testers and welcome new comers!

Kyla I hate waiting too. Are you going to test again?

Good morning (at least for me) ladies,

I really need to talk to people who wont judge or that I wont offend about my experience last night. I feel like you ladies are the right group....

Background: My DH (ROSS) and I live in his "home" town, where he grow up. We have really become a close nitch of friends with his high school boy friends and there wives/sig others. Lets just say we are 100% there for each other for ANYTHING (legal). Since I am Ross's wife and make all the plans the guys have become close to me and usually go threw me for anything.

Anyways, on our way home from work (Ross and I work together so we drive together) and I get a text from one of the guys, Danny, saying "Goodbye, I love you and Ross." As soon as we got this text we knew right away it was a cry for help. I called Danny and he was very drunk. Ross started to drive towards the area where his family lives. Eventually I got out of Danny where he was. I gave Ross the area and we went straight to Danny. I kept Danny on the phone so he wouldn't do anything stupid. We got to him while he was completely hammered and we threw him in our car. He was currently at a friend of his house who used to be apart of our group of friends, but this guy became very disrespectful so Ross and the friends stopped talking with him. Danny just started to hang with him again and it was messing up his life. We brought Danny back to our house with us and we called another couple that we are really close with to come help us comfort Danny. Danny was crying out for help. He was telling us a million unbelievable stores of what he went threw while fighting at a USA army member. He was a "gun" man and did exactly that. He was the "leader" (I don't know military ranks) of about 20 guys in his group. In which 4 died in his power while over seas and 4 committed suicide when they got home, and he feel responsible. He dreams of meeting the family members of the people he killed over seas to apologize to them. He considers himself a murder. Lets just say the Army and PTSD has gotten the best of him. He is also adopted and feels like his current family kicked him out of their lives because of his drinking issues and PTSD issues. He feels abandon. However he has the biggest heart but cant find help.

After the 4 of us talked with him for about 2 hours (kind of did an intervention) he agreed he needed help and asking for it doesn't make him any less of a man. Right away me and my girlfriend jumped on the internet to look for an inpatient rehab to help with alcohol and PTSD. Funny part: is Danny picked up the phone and called 411 (the USA information line) and asked for a rehab himself. So he was committed in our mind. About 2 hours later of both me and my friend looking for a rehab to take him to at 7pm there was NOTHING to help him while he was drunk. They all said only if he was sober. Lets be honest he isn't are open to discuss his problems when he is sober. However by now he hadn't drank ANYTHING since 430pm when we picked him up, so he looked/talked/made decisions in a rational way. We called the VA crises line and we got NO WHERE! It really disgusts me that they can take 1 second of your time to sign you up to fight over seas but when you get back they just don't care about you anymore. Danny had to have done this research before because he called out everything that the people would say when we talked with them. Luckily me and the other girl were determined to get him help now.

In the end we found him a detox center with councilors to help him. However they don't specialize PTSD and where he is coming from. They said they would house Danny until he was sober and out of "with-draw" and then it was up to him if he wanted out, or stay until a bed at a rehab opened (which could be weeks!). Get this the VA inpatient help turned Danny down a few weeks ago because "his symptoms weren't bad enough" and if he wants to try the VA again he has to wait 6 months.

After being in war and feeling abandon by his families he doesn't open up to people he doesn't trust. He only would open up to us when he was drunk. It will take him time to open up to a random councilor while being sober. Us 4 friends talked with the detox place to tell them background about Danny, but they didn't seem to care.

Thanks for listening to me. It hurts me to see what our military can do to our soldiers (Kyla- I might join you in Canada)

Wow Nikki that's quite the eventful night! Glad he has friends like you to help him out even if other organizations won't do sh*t! Good for you guys.

Nikki - I don't see why anyone would judge or be offended by your story. It sounds as if you were helping a friend in desperate need of help.

I can tell you I have far too much experience with addiction/alcoholism/depression. My mother and my brother are addicts. My dad is bipolar (severely) and never sought help. My mother and my brother are sober now (keep fingers crossed), but some pretty awful things had to happen before that happened - car accidents, jail, failed rehab, etc.

Did you guys call 911 or the emergecy room? He could have been admitted with a mandatory 72 hour inpatient stay in the hospital since there was strong evidence he was a danger to himself.

I agree about the military issue. But be comforted that he did seek help before anything happened. At the end of January a friend of mine committed suicide with no warning, no cry for help at all. It was a complete shock to everyone. Only his girlfriend (my best friend) knew about what had happened to him while he was enlisted. He was also a "shooter" and felt he done horrible things (I don't know details).

He had had a PTSD evaluation and showed no signs after immediately being released of active duty. There was no follow-up. I know the military can't be blamed for his death, but I feel these situations can be prevented, or at least reduced.... So like I said, be glad at least there was a cry for help. There is a glimmer of hope that he can be helped. PTSD is very hard to treat, but maybe if the substance abuse can be addressed, he might have a fighting chance at some level of healing.

I don't get it... I was falling asleep on the couch last night at 8:30 PM, climbed into bed by 8:45 slept all through the night. Typical for first day of AF or maybe even the day before. I was sure she would come this morning but all I've got it just loads and loads of watery CM. Why? WHY?!?!!! Come on witch I've got things to do!!!!!! Let's go!!!!

Thanks ladies for the support. I agree we are luck to have gotten the cry out call. He called us last night from the rehab thanking us. I just hope he calls us today while he is sober. I fear he thinks we "abandon" him too. The place doesn't allow incoming calls to him.

Kyla have you tested again... if no when will you test again?

Tested again at lunch and BFN but luckiily there was some color on the tampon when I took it out and i think I feel cramps coming on now so HOPEFULLY she will make her appearance this afternoon!

DH just left work to take his sperm test. Does anyone know how long it takes to get results. I am guessing kinda quick because you cant let that stuff just hang out, I guess maybe it would live in an incubator for a little.

Nikki - I hope DH's SA comes back good! Keep us posted!

AFM - Ladies, keep me from my going off the deep end! I'm only 10 DPO, I can't be having symptoms, right? Just PMS, right?
- Boobies getting tingly and sore (a constant PMS symptom)
- gas/constipation (more of an O symptom than a PMS symptom really...)
- FATIGUE! - This must be because Danny has been sick and the sleepless nights are now catching up with me, even though I only woke up once with him last night. I HAD to go to bed at 9:00 last night since I was so exhausted.

Stop me from doing this... I will get all caught up on fixating again!

Emily if I could turn your SS'ing brain off i would. But at least you recognize what you're symptoms could be related to instead of being TWW related. That's good! But so what, so we SS, big deal. It's what we do! I don't know if we can change it? Accept the SS'ing and just keep reminding yourself that it could be totally unrelated to the TWW but other than that, what else can you do?

Nikki-That's amazing you did that for your friend. He's lucky to have such good friends. So glad he sent the "cry for help"!
I hope DH's results come back soon and with good news!

Kyla-How frustrating! Let us know if AF shows!

Emily-You're close to testing, right?! I say either test early or try to relax until then...ha, sounds easy, right? lol I've been doing really good not getting obsessed with ss so far, but it's still early for me. I am anxious for testing day though...

So when I tested this afternoon at home, I pulled the test out of the package and it already had like a light line going across (-) and another light line in the control line box. Anyone ever seen that before?

Julie - I will not test early... Sunday is the day I am sticking to it. I am just going to make note of my symptoms an try to just stash them away. I tell myself that each night I lay down in bed is one less day in the TWW, and that I didn't cave and test.

Kyla - I don't know what to say about that... I have only ever used FRER, and they are always stark, flat white when I take them out of the box...

Julie - I will not test early... Sunday is the day I am sticking to it. I am just going to make note of my symptoms an try to just stash them away. I tell myself that each night I lay down in bed is one less day in the TWW, and that I didn't cave and test.

Good for you for setting a date and sticking too it! You have more willpower than I do :) I have been focusing on getting through each day so I can get closer to ending the 2ww. I look forward to sleeping each night so the time goes by faster...

Hey maybe if I convince myself that I'm pregnant and wish upon wishes that AF stays away.... maybe then she'll show up! Try some reverse psychology on my body...... LOL

Kyla- This might sound silly... but look up reflexology to induce AF. I did it last month when AF was on the 4th day being late. It only took like 90 minutes to start after I did it! It might be a coincidence, but I would not hesitate to do it again!

So when I tested this afternoon at home, I pulled the test out of the package and it already had like a light line going across (-) and another light line in the control line box. Anyone ever seen that before?

Was it a blue dye test? If so, I have noticed that on them before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->