End of February Testing Thread - Welcome back January Testers and welcome new comers!

Julie - Check this out: Of PREGNANT women who tested at 8DPO, 68% of them got NEGATIVE tests. Not good odds. Don't put yourself through that!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=8

Pregnant women who waited until 10 DPO had a 35% chance of getting a negative.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=10

Pregnant women who tested at 12 DPO only had about an 18% chance of getting a negative.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=12

It sounds worth it to wait to me...

I actually just looked at that exact same website this morning to look up the % of positives at 6 dpo...that's how I talked myself out of it! lol

You girls are too funny, I've read that same thing before too! It was helpful!

Afm, not leaving until very early Sunday morning actually so I'll be checking in tomorrow before I go and then when I get to Tampa on Sunday night i'll check in again with you girls. Probably won't be able to do much while we're on the cruise as apparently they charge through the nose for WiFi on those things so then i'll be back online again on Saturday the 2nd! I'm going to go through BnB withdrawl next week!!

We went on a cruise in December for our delayed honeymoon! We cruised through Royal Carribean...New Orleans, Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. It was so nice! The wifi was like $30 an hour or something stupid like that. We had no contact with the outside world and I loved it! lol Where are you guys cruising to? P.S. That's pretty awesome that your boss is paying you to bring his car back! Should make for a fun little road trip :)

lots of fun convos today!

I AM testing tomorrow AM assuming AF doesn't come by then.... not really crampy today, just a little maybe if I think about it. I'd love to have a test buddy Emily!

So, the sunshine in my cloudy week.... I got off depressing google last night and decided I would call my doc today and get REAL medical info.

She said she sees extremely positive results with the vitamin mix, she has hope. She said all we need is 1% because his count and volume are so high that 1% will be a lot. I was also sad because people on Google we saying it takes 3-4 months for the change. She said it would take 4 WEEKS max!!! However Ross (DH) has a lot of life style changes to make for this baby. He has to go down to 1-2 alcoholic drinks a week (he drinks 6 beer about 2-3 times a week). He will have to stop chewing tobacco (I KNOW SICK!). And a few other easy things, like boxers instead of briefs, no laptop on lap...The tobacco will be the hardest for him. I asked to just start by cutting it in half.

Anyways, this cycle he was taking a men's fertility vitamin, so there might a hope for this cycle because he was on it for like 3 weeks before O-time. I had him stop taking it before the SA because I wanted to know naturally what hes made of.

Yeah I am kind of looking forward to being disconnected from the world for 5 days, although DH will probably go through major withdrawl from FB, etc. He's always on his damn phone. It will be good for him though!
We're going Royal Carribean too! Going to Grand Caymen and Cozumel!

Oh Nikki I am so happy you got encouraging news! That made me feel better for you guys!

Kyla- Oh my goodness Daniel is GLUED to his phone. He has a sports collectors/memorbilia, hobby/side business and he is wheeling and dealing all hours of the day. I would love to have us be isolated for a few days!

Nikki-So glad you got good news! That's so exciting! I can't wait for you to test tomorrow...

Kyla-Grand Cayman was beautiful. We took a cab to the 7 mile beach and just stayed there until we had to get back on the ship. Cozumel was beautiful too and a lot of fun! We rode the dolphins which was awesome. They charge way too much for pictures and they don't take Discover...lol I hope you guys really enjoy yourselves :) It was hard for the first day or so to be without fb, but we got used to it lol

Yaaay my OPK is ALMOST positive!!! Think i'll be O'ing either tomorrow or the next day!!! So we're looking at a 29-30 day cycle for me this go round. I'll probably start testing with OSOMs around the 1st.

thanks for all your support. It means a lot right now. So far still no AF, so testing tomorrow AM, although not very hopeful so I am using a dollar store test (peeing in a cup in case I need to use a different test).

I caved the need to pee on something tonight. so I peed on an OPK, completely stark white. I have no feelings about it because I know that doesn't mean anything. I just need to pee on SOMETHING! So it worked to help with that crave.

I am having a tiny bit of cramping, but doesn't feel like AF really. Some seconds I am like total AF, why am I testing and at other times I am like happy I am testing.

Well today the doc called again (calls from the doc = bad news, no call = good news). We took genetic testing to make sure we wont produce a baby with an awful life threatening disease (we didn't do testing to find out eye color or anything like that). Well DH's tests came back (still waiting for mine, so doesn't mean a whole lot with out my genetics involved) but we found out he is a carrier for spinal muscular atrophy. Which means if I am negative then there is a 50% chance our kids will be carriers (which isn't a big deal, they will just want to do genetic testing when they have kids). If I am a carrier then we have a 25% chance our kid will have it (and it means the kid will die as an infant). So we are crossing our fingers I am not a carrier. So I am not freaked out until my testing comes back. Some of you might be wondering why we even bothered with genetics, but apparently Jewish decent are known to be carriers for the most amount of life threatening disease... and I am Jewish. So we wanted to make sure.

Kyla enjoy your trip!!!!! I will be testing around 8am (mountain time) tomorrow and will post ASAP the results. so hopefully you will be clued in before you leave.

Yaaay my OPK is ALMOST positive!!! Think i'll be O'ing either tomorrow or the next day!!! So we're looking at a 29-30 day cycle for me this go round. I'll probably start testing with OSOMs around the 1st.

YAY for O-ing soon!!!

Wow Nikki that's really crazy about DH being a carrier of that disease, I'm sure it will work out and you will be in the clear and everything will be good to go. You guys get results so FAST! I am so jealous and so miss the times when I lived in the US and got great medical care, you have no idea how slow it is here! It took 3 weeks to get Kennedy's autopsy results and it took about 2 months to hear back on the full tissue testing for rare genetic diseases (if she had anything) and luckily she was totally healthy I guess you could say. But wow was it a wait!

Temps are going down... so I expected the BFN (plus all the info we have been getting).

BFN for me too. However has anyone used dollar store HCG tests? Do they work or are they truly worth the price? Because I LOVED how clear the reading was (and LOVED the price)!

I am just happy that I had a strong LP, either on 15DPO or 12DPO, both are healthy I think.

Nikki - Man you guys can't catch a break, can you? Well I hope your tests come out fine! I have heard that those of Eastern European Jewish descent should get tested. I am French Canadian and there are a few generic disorders that are prevalent in our ethnicity. I was a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis, but generally speaking, Mexicans (DH) have a very low rate of genetic disorders, so our risk was very low.
So yeah, point is, I am praying that you don't have the marker. Do you know when your tests should come back?

Well one good thing here I guess.... DH has a job interview on Tuesday and it could be a great opportunity. Trying not to get hopeful, as it seems like every time I get my hopes about something lately I get a big fat disappointment. Needless to say, him being out of work since November is taking its toll on us.
- I am also trying to keep thinking it might have been too early to test... AF isn't due until Tuesday. But I also have that stupid feeling I always get each time I get a BFN.

I think it's pretty obvious I am not feeling like myself this morning. I'm getting sick of this emotional roller coaster already. I don't know how people do this for years? You must have to be really strong to go on like this for endless cycles.

Emily-Don't give up yet, it's still early. I'm sorry you're feeling down :( Hopefully good things will happen for you guys very soon :hugs:

Cassidy-Yay for the O! Welcome to the 2ww!

Nikki-My wife and our donor are both Jewish. We didn't do any genetic testing though. He already has 2 kids, so we kind of just went with it. I hope your results come back clear! You guys have been given enough hurdles already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->