End of February Testing Thread - Welcome back January Testers and welcome new comers!

Omg how are you doing this???? I take my hat off to you hun!! Bring on tomorrow and a BFP!!!!

I have my scan this afternoon!!! Eeek!

How am I doing it? Out of sheer terror of seeing a BFN! LOL!

Oh I am soooo excited for you!!! Keep us posted ASAP on how it goes! :happydance:

Julie - It seems like you kind of had an off cycle this month. Sorry for that. We all know how that goes. :hugs:

AFM, I am so anxious. I keep running to the potty to see if she started... I am wearing a panty liner Just in case... but I don't really have any cramps to speak of. But what I DO have is a full blown sinus infection! :hissy: I have a doctor appointment today to get checked out. My head feels like a bowling ball. LOL...

Oh, one more thing. DH has his job interview today, so that is making me a little anxious as well. I know he'll do great, but please keep your fingers crossed for us ladies! Thanks in advance!

Oh Emily I'm very excited for you! So much going on today! Hopefully it will all help pass the time. Crossing fingers for your DH's interview as well as that AF stays away. You're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an exciting 24 hours you have Emily. Everything with you and dh will go great! Thinking about you'll.

Afm, I feel like if you pay attention to me you can tell when I'm on AF because I wear sweatshirts and yoga pants.... However this AF has been a bad one. I'm in lots of pain...downing Advil.

What an exciting 24 hours you have Emily. Everything with you and dh will go great! Thinking about you'll.

Afm, I feel like if you pay attention to me you can tell when I'm on AF because I wear sweatshirts and yoga pants.... However this AF has been a bad one. I'm in lots of pain...downing Advil.

I find that when mine comes a little late it is always worse! Hopefully it will ease up soon! And yes, sweats and yoga pants are the friggin best!

Ladies pllllleeeease help me out! LOL! Talk to me! Talk to me about anything else besides TTC. Husbands, wives, pets, work... anything! I need to get my mind off of today. Luckily I get to leave work early today for a dr's appointment, so hopefully the day will quickly once I leave.

I'm at work. Boo!!! Good job on resisting Emily! I wouldn't be able to do it! Nothing spectacular on my end. Waiting to O. Gotta get on DH tonight. We both passed out last night lol

Well, I took in a pregnant momma cat off of the streets Tuesday, the 12th. She was HUUUUUUUGE, poor mama, and ended up giving birth to 6 beautiful babies on Tuesday, the 19th! Two little red tabbies, 3 brown tabbies, and 1 tortie. They're all so gorgeous! But this rescue litter has been SO stressful.. about two days after she had gave birth I was observing mama and babies and she got up, walked a little ways away, squatted down and started yowling while her stomach started contracting. Well that automatically FREAKED me out- I assumed the worst, that she still had a kitten and/or placenta stuck inside of her. So I rushed her and babies to the vet, thank goodness that was NOT the case- her bowels are so messed up from labor and the diarrhea she's had for who knows how long as a result of living on the streets. So we got her some medication. THEN a couple of days later I wake up to find the little male brown tabby has an eye that is ridiculously swollen (eyes are still closed so it's underneath the lid). I wet compressed it and a tiny scab on the very inner corner of his eye came off, and then TONS of thick light green pus came out as well. POOR POOR LIL MAN!! I feel so bad for him. Hoping it doesn't affect his vision when his eyes do open. THEN for the past 48hrs the little tortie girl was acting so lethargic I was so worried she wasn't going to make it. I've been doing supplemental bottle feedings since day 2 because mama is not producing enough milk! It's been a very stressful week, but the babes turn 1 week old tonight at 11.45 to 4.00am tomorrow!

If you'd like to follow some of my rescuing and see lots of cute kitten pictures, feel free to like my rescue page!

https://www.facebook.com/CassidysCatCity

And as for work... oh boy don't get me started on that one. I work at a kind of counter culture shop, we have clothes, accessories, jewelry, skate gear and all that in the front. Then we have a smoke shop and adult room in back. I'm quitting as soon as I start showing whenever I get preggers. So much drama, plus lots of people with bad morals and lots of issues frequent constantly, which drives me absolutely mad. I have the absolute grossest, worst, weird, most annoying stories from working in that place!! I cannot WAIT to quit!!! Lol.

cassidy- that is such an amazing thing you do for the cats. I love my cat so much. Thanks for supporting them!

Bless your heart! Thankfully those kitties cats have you looking after them!

Well I saw a nice strong heartbeat today, I have been put back 3 days, so 7+3. Such a relief to see that little heart beating away!

Yaaaay for a nice strong heartbeat!!! So happy for you hun!!! <3

Yayyyy for tiny strong heartbeats!!! <3 You must be over the moon!

Cassidy - That is so good of you to take in the cat and her babies! I imagine it is crazy work. My cat was only 3 weeks old when we got him and we had to do feedings every 2 hours for him for 2 weeks with a little syringe full of baby food. He almost died in my arms! I can't imagine having 5 more like that, plus a mommy! Good thing is is that he is now almost 15 years old, and as cranky, bossy and spoiled as ever! Love him!

Are you going to keep mommy cat or any of the little ones for your own?

I'm at work. Boo!!! Good job on resisting Emily! I wouldn't be able to do it! Nothing spectacular on my end. Waiting to O. Gotta get on DH tonight. We both passed out last night lol

Yeah Rachel, get on that! Can't waste a night in your fertile period! :winkwink:

Cassidy - That is so good of you to take in the cat and her babies! I imagine it is crazy work. My cat was only 3 weeks old when we got him and we had to do feedings every 2 hours for him for 2 weeks with a little syringe full of baby food. He almost died in my arms! I can't imagine having 5 more like that, plus a mommy! Good thing is is that he is now almost 15 years old, and as cranky, bossy and spoiled as ever! Love him!

Are you going to keep mommy cat or any of the little ones for your own?

Unfortunately i've lost a lot of babies in rescuing :( they're just so fragile when they're soooo tiny. This litter is doing good though so i'm excited. NO I will not be keeping any!!! Lol. I already have too many cats that I fell in love with in my earlier years of rescuing! Haha. I fall in love with them every time, but accept I can't keep all of them. I just try to find them the best homes possible. I'll be getting mommy cat spayed and finding her a new home as well once she's in good health again! That's so awesome you've had your kitty for so long!!! He's one of the lucky ones!

Yeah, Gizmo has been with me through my most important years! All through highschool, college, boyfriends, moves, best friends that came and went, and he was my first baby before my son. I always say that Gizmo has been the only dependable thing in my life for as long as I can remember. And for 15 he is still energetic and spritely. He is going to be around for a good long time. :)

Negative side of my day: We took all our kids to a special olympics thing today (I teach special ed), so we had a very busy day (not the negative part). As soon as I got back my boss started hounding me about seeing my lesson plans. It's just frustrating because she is on me all the time, but the other teacher who was hired the exact same time as me never gets his stuff checked. She has admitted before that she has a thing for men. I hate being treated differently, we should all have the same expectations. I can't stand working here. It sucks because I love my students and I have a few really good friends here. I hate to leave, but I won't be happy if I stay...

Positive side of my day: The wife and I are going to see Book of Mormon tonight! This is the show we got snowed out of last week. Our seats are further away which is a bummer, but I'm still excited to go.

I'm stressed out (a lot going on at work and ttc) and don't feel good (a cold maybe?)...I may need to take a day off tomorrow so I can rest and get some work done. Ugh...sorry so negative today, I'm just need a break from life...I'm worn out.

Julie- I am so sorry! I hate work at times too! My DH and I work together and he doesn't have a college degree and I do.... guess who makes more... him!!!! work is still a sexist place, even though people say its getting better. Feel better! How are you feeling in the TCC world?

Emily- how'd the doc apt go? How did DH interview go? Hows the TTC world going? Ill be thinking about you tomorrow AM!

Julie - People for some reason want to believe that sexism doesn't exist anymore. Hah! I work in corporate America in a highly competitive environment with big expectations. Trust me. The big bosses are all men except for one woman! Sorry worked sucked today...

Nikki - Dr was good, got some antibiotics for the sinus infection so should be feeling better by tomorrow. I guess amoxicillin is safe for pregnancy just in case... DHs interview went well, we are just waiting for a call back now, should hear by next Thursday at the latest ( still soooo far away!). And...No AF yet... *biting nails anxiously*

How are your cramps? I thought of you when I got home and jumped into my yoga pants!

haha emily! Taking Advil less this evening... so I am going to say they are getting better. Should be fine tomorrow and not need any meds. I am STILL waiting for genetic testing back. DH has all of his... I hope I get mine tomorrow. Counting down till Monday when I have my next apt.

Ill be on B&B first thing in the AM waiting for your (AND JULIE'S) test results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->