End of February Testing Thread - Welcome back January Testers and welcome new comers!

Ok, here is my plan for this month:

-Inseminate every other day starting CD 11, totaling 4 inseminations.
-Start opks on CD 10 and test 2/3 times everyday until temps confirm O.
-Continue rotating after insemination (10-20 minutes on each side).
-Take FertilAID and FertileCM.
-Get back to drinking a cup of green tea everyday.
-Drink lots of water.
-Quit drinking soda.
-Make healthy food choices (lots of fruits and veggies, not so many white carb products and sugar).
-Start walking, doing yoga or other light exercise at least 3 days a week.

I may or may not use preseed and/or softcups as well. I'm hesitant on the preseed bc it's difficult to keep the stuff in anyway and I've heard it makes it worse (as least if you are doing it the syringe way). I'm hesitant to use softcups bc......I'm scared? I don't know really. I think it might help bc it won't be so messy and I won't have to worry about losing the goods. I might buy some now and test them out. I'd rather risk it with AF than risk losing those precious spermies.

We will be going on vacation right after the time I should O, so I'm excited to have that distraction during the 2ww this time!

Sounds like a good plan, Julie! One BFP was not enough this month... we need some catch up/male up BFP's next month!

Julie - the softcups look and feel scary (in your hand) but they really do an awesome job of keeping the goods in. I take it out while sitting on the toilet or in the shower. One day I freaked a little because I couldn't get it out lol but if you squat down a little it helps. I used to be on nuvaring so it's sort of similar only the soft cup is much larger.

AFM I bought a bottle of wine, going to chase my mucinex with some wine, bust out the preseed and hopefully get some spermies in position to attack in a day or two. I'm a little worried that I'm not having a lot of ewcm. The other day I had a ton! I hope I didn't ovulate freakishly early...my temps are still low so I doubt it but its weird that I don't have as much as I normally do at this time

Oh yeah, what do you ladies think about positioning? This may or not be tmi, but at this point I think we are beyond being grossed out lol. Anyways, I am always on top because I am 4"11 & 105 lbs and DH is 6'4 & 230 lbs...so you can imagine that him on top isn't exactly our best option. I'm thinking that might be part of our problem....everything else I think I am doing right.

Rachel-I will try them. I just need to do it now so I'm not scared to do it when it's important.
It doesn't look to me like you O'd yet. I didn't have a lot of EW this last month either. I usually have at least one day where I wipe and it's super slick, this month I never had that. I don't think I was drinking enough water though...
Could you guys switch at the last minute? I think the main thing with the position is how well you can keep it in...Are you losing any after? How do you put the softcup in after?
I do the same kind of thing Emily does, after it's in I lie on my back with hips propped at least 10-20 minutes, then rotate to my left for 10-20 min, then right for 10-20 min. It's supposed to help "coat" the cervix.

Well I have this horrible for ttc habit of peeing right after sex. So I started putting in the soft cup and then peeing so I don't lose any but I def don't lay still long enough after. We do other positions too but never at the right time of the month lol. So I think tonight ill just deal with it and lay there for a good bit. I've never had a uti but the thought of one is more appealing than another month ttc :haha:

Rachel- We have a similar-ish issue. (TMI!!) I have to have my clit tickled during sex for me to get off. So we use a little toy or our fingers. With him on top I cant get to my clit. So our favorite position during prime time is me laying on my back and he stands on the floor (off the bed). We move my butt all the way to the end of the bed and he is at good high and I can get to my clit. My DH is 6'2'', however our bed is a high bed so size wise it work perfect.... did I explain that ok? get the "picture"?

Hey ladies,
I just wanted to say cheers to lots of CM this cycle!

My plan this cycle:
Me:
FertilAid (when it arrives)
FertileCM (when it arrives)
Green Tea

DH:
12 different vitamin's doc told him to take
Reduce beer intake
reduce/quit chewing (HE IS DOING SO GOOD!!!! He didn't have ANY today!!!)
Boxers (no briefs)

Attachments

• green tea.jpg
    green tea.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
Oh yeah Julie, I pinch it and put it in, I've done it standing or laying. Once it's in I push it in further with my finger past my pubic bone. That's it. Definitely practice before the big event. Especially bc you have a limited supply of swimmers!

I would definitely say try to keep as much up there as you can! In the at-home insem world, they suggest keeping it in and propping up hips for at least a little while. When people get inseminated at the doctor, they prop them up for a while as well. So...I would say keep it in there ladies! The more spermies are in there, the more likely it is for one to reach the golden egg! lol

Yeah I totally get that! We have a low bed so we can't do that with ours but from behind works and I think that's a good position for ttc too.

Oh Nikki, I bought a green tea supplement. The guy said it had more antioxidants than a cup of green tea

DH filling his weekly vitamin box.... He takes all these 1-2x a day=12!

If anyone is interested here is the list the doc (#1 fertility doc in the nation) gave him. It helps with sperm volume, motility and morphology.

"MALE SUPPLEMENTATION IN AN EFFORT TO IMPROVE
SPERM PARAMETERS

Option A
Take all of the following supplements daily as listed. They can be purchased from your local pharmacy or Vitamin Cottage or GNC.

• L carnitine 2 grams/day, taken as 1000mg twice a day
• Acetyl L carnitine 1 gram/day, taken as 500 mg twice a day
• CoEnzyme Q10 200 mg/day taken as 100 mg twice a day
• Vitamin E 400 IU/day, taken once a day
• Selenium 200 mcg/day, taken once a day

M. Bush, M.D. (01/27/2006)
*** For results of this therapeutic regimen, please see data on website for PROXEED (Google in PROXEED).

OR

Option B
Take Proxeed powder, mixed in water twice a day.

Purchase online through their website www.proxeed.com or by doing a google search for Proxeed.

Continue on vitamin regime until you conceive or until instructed by your doctor to discontinue. "

Attachments

• WP_20130227_002.jpg
    WP_20130227_002.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 5
Rachel- I thought about the supplement, but I decided with taking fertilCM this month and the fact that I love drinking green tea that I would start with that. If it doesn't work then Ill try the supplement. Also doggie is a great position, I always recommend it but he doesn't like it I don't think.

Whaaat? He doesn't? Omg the only reason I don't suggest it much is that it doesn't take DH long once we are in position hee hee....I though all guys love doggie.

Btw I love the pill box! So freakin cute! Thanks for posting that list

No problem Rachel.... I think that's why he doesn't like it because he goes right away and wants me to go first to slick-en the way for his sperm.

even i used to do the me coming first thing to get all the gud fluids going...but then i read somewhere tht the girl coming after the guy is better for catchign the egg so the cervix contracts and in the muscle spam creates like a vaccuum to pull more of hisgud stuff towards it...

I always get off first. We have to be missionary for me to finish, or me on top but it takes a while that way. Then for him, we switch off every other day doggie then missionary. We also try to get one morning session in super close to O. I guess sperm are more active in the morning or something???

When I read Nikki' s DH didn't like doggie, I was like, "Whhhhhaaaaa????" That's my go-to when I want him to finish up already! LOL!

Baaahaaaahaaaa Emily! Me too lmao. Well I polished off a bottle of wine last night, got some booty, put my softcup in and passed out. My opk was close to positive so I'll probably ovulate tonight or tomorrow. I usually ovulate the day of my positive opk. Hopefully it will pop positive later today!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!! Ohhh we get a new thread soon!

I have heard also that it's good for the woman to O after the guy. The video I posted on here a while ago shows how the cervix "dips" into the pool of sperm as a woman has the big O. It's supposed to help it dip into the sperm, suck it up and the contractions of the uterus help the sperm work it's way up. I'm sure the woman going first would produce pretty similar results though...

How do you got from doggie to laying on your back with hips up and not lose everything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->