End of February Testing Thread - Welcome back January Testers and welcome new comers!

OK, here is yet another question from me.
I coughed up the dough and bought some digi OPK's (smiley face ones). I figured I would use the cheapies until I got a pos or close to, and then validate with a smiley.
If I get a smiley, should I keep testing with the digi until no smiley, or should I stop and go back to the cheapies until they are clearly neg? What would you ladies do?

Id go back cheapies because of money reasons. However if you want to do smiles you can. Some people say the stick remembers the smile and it doesn't go away, but I'v used them for like 6 months and I never had that issue.

Trying I have hope for you this month!! Totally your month!

just had blood drawn: testosterone, fsh, lh, prolactin, t4, tsh. Cant wait for the results! cant wait to get this train a-movin!

So just had a chat with my personal trainer. I was reading on B&B that a vigorous exercise routine can be harmful to a woman when TTC, walking and good cardio is a good thing but the kind of circuit training that I do can be more detrimental than beneficial. So I've kind of been avoiding my sessions, last night I cancelled because I told him I was sick. So he texted me today saying that I should go in tonight to make up for last night and I just told him everything (he's a young 21 year old buck who doesn't know much about life) and I explained to him that since I read that it's been weighing on me heavily. I mean it's been 5 months, I know I'm fertile- I was one of those people who I know can't stand, having 2 pregnancies with NO effort and NO planning whatsoever. And I can't make sense of why it's taking so much time this time around. SO I said I want to take it easy for awhile and just switch it up and do more light training and more cardio for awhile and see if it changes anything. To my shock, he said 'let me do some research and I'll get back to you, we'll find a better routine that puts your mind at ease'. Wow, I am so surprised to say the least. This guy is a fitness freak, he lives to train. I figured he wouldn't understand where I was coming from AT ALL. Feeling so much better now!

Trying - How much do you think is too much? Are you doing Cross Fit or something like that?
I run 3-4 miles at a time 4-5 days a week, plus weights, yoga and stair climbing. I have been doing this amount of exercise for years and I have ever had an annovulatory cycle. I recently ran a 10k and two 5k's.
How much working out do you do? What do your circuits consist of?

Bubs- so I should first point out that this is new for me. I lead a pretty un-active lifestyle and in November I started with my trainer so it was kind of a 'shock' to my body if you will. We 1 hour of very intense exercise, weights, cardio, strength training, etc. I am sweating buckets the whole time and I feel like I'm going to have a stroke when I'm done. So it may not be much to someone else, but it's been a big change for my body and I don't know if it's the cause but is it once significant change I've made in the last few months and maybe it's affecting my hormones (I've read it can affect your progesterone levels?) Also read lots of forums where other women have said that it didn't neccesarily affect their period or ovulation but they just didn't conceive and then they cut down on the exercise and BAM prego! Liek I said, I don't know if one has anything to do with the other but I just want to tone it down and see what happens. I def don't want to stop all together because I am super happy since I've been going and I feel awesome, but I want to keep it a bit lighter, more cardio less intense lifting, etc.

I definitely think it is important to stay to what is comfortable for you while exercising. I feel like if I am over-exerting myself, it is probably too much. So if you feel like you are really going too hard and it is difficult for you to keep the intensity up, you probably should cut back a bit. BUT I know it can be hard, cuz when you finish a great, hard work-out, you feel so awesome! I am trying to not up my intensity right now. I still want to drop a few pounds (just to what is considered healthy for my height), but I am going slowly and gradually so as not to shock my system. I sticking with my routine, but cutting back on the cals. Stupid holidays and an injured hip really reversed all progress I had made in 2012. : (

I am sure you trainer will find a good balance for you! That is awesome that he is actually gonna do the work and not dismiss your concerns.

Hey gurls, just wanted to update u on my spotting situation last night...so my doc said it was normal for tht to happen thti think my period is over and i start spotting a coupleof days later esp if we bded as just after i thought i finished..phewww...so tht was a big relief...then he saidi cud go in and get the HSG done...did do tht too..the one tube tht i have is perfectly normal :happydance::happydance::happydance: i wait to start bding now :winkwink::winkwink:...im goin to try the SMEP this mth...i know im goin to do gud...
now to reading your posts and geting back to u guys on tht :)

Bubs- Good for you, I think it's all about the small, sustainable lifestyle changes we can make. I recently switched from cream in my coffee to milk, seems like an insignificant change but the calorie difference is HUGE! And eating rye bread (unfortunatly you yankees don't have the priviledge of the rye bread that we do up here and that's very unfortunate for you!) and i'm currently working on switching to brown rice. I mean what good is dieting if you can't keep it up right?

PDX- glad everything worked out for you and your tube is all good- get at it girl!!!

Pdx - Good to hear all is good in with your tube!

hey ladies! I know someone that was unable to conceive when she was running 1-2 marathons a year. She was a big runner. Since TTC I do light weight/body training 2-3 times a week and walk up hill (about 30 min) 2 times a week. Which is a cut back from running races (5k-half marathons).

I have cut back on my cals since Jan 5th. I have lost 12 lbs!! I am a little over weight so I need to lose.

PDX- good doc visit! Go get it girl!

So I just read an article on this topicic that stated anymore that 5 or more hours per week of moderate to intense activity can incease the time it takes to conceive, especially for normal to underweight women. So I think that would fall into marathon training status. I run 3-4 miles 3-5 times a week, and that still only comes to about 2.75-3.50 hours per week. Since the weight isn't exactly falling off of me, I don't really think I am over doing it...

Golds - Good job on the weight loss! It's tough to do, but keep it up!

O I miss so much when I go to work! Booooo for having to work!

Trying - I think you did an awesome thing by giving to someone less fortunate. Just try to think of it as a piece of her, that was able to help another little baby. And I do believe in Karma, and it doesn't matter how you earn "points," what matters is that you did something to make a positive change in someone's life. Whether it's unknowingly or on purpose, the point is to make a difference.

PDX - awesome news about your clear tube! Hopefully you will have some increased fertility this month!

Over - how was your hsg?

Ugh opk went from gradually getting darker to stark white. The stark white opk was done at night. Which was my first time testing at night. Does drinking lots of water dilute your pee for testing? I did have ewcm today. So hopefully pos opk tomorrow.

Ugh opk went from gradually getting darker to stark white. The stark white opk was done at night. Which was my first time testing at night. Does drinking lots of water dilute your pee for testing? I did have ewcm today. So hopefully pos opk tomorrow.

My OPK's always show up stronger in the mornings. I try holding my pee and restricting fluids but no matter what the results are always faint in the evenings. Everyone says not to use FMU, but my strong results are always with first or second morning pee. I know if my pee looks really clear the results will take a long time to show up and they will be faint, even if the line was dark earlier. Maybe try FMU and see what happens? Or try restricting your fluids for two or three hours. I hate that cuz I am always thirsty.

I have joined the wedding picture gang! lol! although i couldnt find one that was close up that i particulary liked. I dont think i look like that person anymore, weird huh?

Well done on the weight loss Golds! You go girl!

I am pleased about your tube pdx, let the bding begin!!!!

When i was about to O i would test about 11am with SMU and the again at 3pm, the day i would O i would get a positive at 11am but then a negitive by 3pm, my surge was so quick! I would defo recommend testing twice when your close to O-ing.

Oh Laus you're picture is so beautiful! I love it, and I love your dress!! Yeah my wedding pics were about 20 pounds ago... not exactly as I am today but close LOL.

TTC-your new pic is super cute too! So here we go I guess I'm going to say I O'd on Sunday because I think that was my darkest line so I'll say I'm 3 DPO, right in line with you TTC!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->