End of May 2013 babies CONTINUED..

What are they like, sat there spitting and smiling hahahahaha.
We are weaning Marielle of her dummy tonight. Dear oh dear

So the weaning didn't go too bad. We told her the dummy fairy was collecting dummies to give to babies and she'd leave presents. Marielle cried for an hour before bed and woke in the middle of the night and was awake 2 hours but not crying. She's still asleep now so I'm waiting for her to wake up to find her presents :)
Markus really doesn't like dummies so fortunately this is the only time we have to get a child off her dummies :)

oh Pebbie I'm glad it went reasonably well. you must be so exhausted. that's a great idea though, because I'm sure we'll have to wean Calla eventually, she always has a dummy. let us know how it goes once she gets her presents :)

Ugh I'm so tired!! Marielle keeps waking up dead early (3.30, 5.30 etc). Markus sleeps loads longer than she does. Thought it was the baby who'd get you sleep deprived, not the toddler!!

aww poor you pebbie, it's not fair!! what time do you get to bed at night? I'm so tired lately too, I don't know how I'll catch up on it. I'm finding it harder and harder to nap 'on demand'

yesterday I went to sit down in the chair and was off and came down on the edge and slipped off while holding her :cry: she never bumped her head or anything but I was worried she got a shake. She cried at first but seemed normal otherwise. I called the health line and they said everything seemed fine with her behavior and asked me a bunch of qs about her physically and concluded she just got a scare. me too!!! :(

on that note, I'm so bothered by another thread. A womans baby fell off the bed onto hardwood, didn't cry and now has a big lump on it's head. She won't take him to emerg because she doesn't want to argue with her husband. The nurse I spoke to on the health line told me that crying immediately was a great sign and not crying can be a sign of neurological damage. I don't even know this baby but I'm worried sick about it. I don't understand not taking your baby to be checked?! she said her baby is very sleepy now too :(

CJ slept for five and a half hours last night and he normally goes three to four. But I didn't get much sleep because my toddler also kept me up, all because he has officially reach the age when a cold becomes man flu.

Aww, poor baby.

good for him!! hopefully it will be the start of many good stretches to come :)
sorry about your boys cold... but lol on the man flu!

He is a pretty good sleeper really. The other night he woke up to giggle for five minutes though. :haha: I can't get over how relaxed and happy he is compared to what DS1 was like.

It really is full blown man flu. Until now if he got a clod he got on with things but now he is seems to think he is really ill. DH insist they haven't 'just' got a cold but i have the same thing! :dohh:

I can't remember when DS1 started trying to roll over but is it normal for them to just want to try and get over on one side? I know they should be able to move their heads to both sides and he can do that fine but when he tries to roll over it is only to the right.

Babyface, when I was pregnant I went to bed the latest 9pm. Now it's later, between 10 and 11pm. I stayed up a bit later though as I wanted to watch a space station fly past! Hahahaha that was at 11pm.

Omi, maybe that side is more comfortable? No idea really. I can't remember what Marielle did :(

haha nice! what could you see? I'm still up and it's quarter to eleven. better get to sleep haha

it seems that woman deleted the thread :S I really hope her lo is ok!

I'm not sure about rolling omi, my girl isn't there yet, i don't think. I think she is a little delayed because of her lack of tummy time. I'm trying to increase it more and more. her neck control already seems to be improving.

ah I'm screwed. Calla woke up bawling only hours after feeding I believe because her dummy fell out. tried to get her to sleep without it and she fought and fought. I put it in her mouth and instant sleep :S

I hope her LO is too.

My two were both in bed and asleep by 6:30pm last night! It's the cold that did it for JJ and I have no idea why CJ went to sleep early.

I can't remember what JJ did. He was rolling and commando crawling by 3 months but I am positive CJ won't be doing that. He can't roll yet so much as just attempting it. DH keeps worrying he is behind because he isn't doing everything at the exact same time as JJ did. :dohh:

Lou is only just starting to roll. It's only to his side then he gets stuck like a turtle until I move him back. Not sure if that's normal for this stage or wether he should move over all together?
Lou just woke up once last night but didn't go down until 9pm- would live it if he would go down earlier but whence he has been down at 6 he wakes up loads. Think he just likes being with us. Trying really hard to concentrate on naps today because I think our problem is he gets over tired. Any tips on keeping Los asleep? I only get 30mins out of him if I'm lucky x

That is what CJ does, rolls to his side right and then gets stuck. He is pretty good at digging feet to the floor and pushing his bum up and out of nappies though.

I'm not sure about nap's. We always just let CJ have as much or as little as he wants.

ooh zf I have tips as I just went through this last week with Calla! I figured out her fussiness was due to overtiredness and she was only taking cat naps as well

the first day I lay in bed with her almost all day. I'd have her in my armpit kind of and every time she began to wake I'd shake and rock a bit. she had four hours that day :D

now I know I have to get her down for a nap as soooon as she starts yawning. she's not as good at sleeping through noise anymore so I have top keep things relatively quiet during naps. I also recorded her sleep and feeding habits for a few days to see where we stood. at first she was getting about 4 hours too little sleep due to short naps and a late bedtime :O

I have a website that helped me to I'll try to find the link for you

https://www.mybabysleepguide.com/2009/02/waking-early-from-naps.html?m=1

https://www.troublesometots.com/baby-sleep-what-is-normal/

I was really surprised to see in the second link how little time there should be between naps.

Hahahaha babyface, it was like a crazy bright star and it moves quite fast. Funny to see. Tonight is the peak of a meteor shower. I really want to see it but its been raining all day so it'll probably be too cloudy!
I like the links regarding the naps. Markus is struggling to sleep upstairs in his cot during the day. He sleeps in the bouncy chair but I want him to sleep upstairs. Keep trying I guess! X

My 2 babies today! ❤

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2
First pp period started yesterday, it's horrendous is it meant to be so heavy and painful?

Despite focusing in naps we had a horrid night. He wouldn't go down until 10 then woke at 12,2,3,4&6!!!!
Shattered does not cover it. Guessing his days of sttn are totally over. :( :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->