• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Endo Sufferers!

yes i had lap done last monday! it takes a few days to get over it but now im starting to forget about all the pain. i wouldnt go through it again but im glad i had it done because now im feeling more positive than i ever about concieving because i did have a lot of work done on me. i ended up with 4 incisions when normally you only have 2 or 3. the operation itself isnt actually that bad, they give you enough painkillers to take pain away from that area but i did find the shoulder pain afterwards very painful when i sat up. whilst i was lying down i was ok so i'd suggest lying flat on the sofa for a few days after and trying not to get up too much. but most people say the shoulder pain isnt too bad, i think im just a wimp and feel pain more than others but id definatly get it done because it is very useful. if i end up concieving after this id defo have it done again if i was having trouble concieving a 2nd child because all the pain and that would be worth it! let me know how your appointment goes! when i had my appointment before my op i insisted on having lap done and now im glad i did! good luck x

Thanks dinky, i have only been trying to get pregnant for 8 months so far ... but im desperate for my 1st child.

How long have you guys been trying for?

I have only used OPKs a couple of times and I got great results I choose not to use them on a regular basis though because I have middleschmertz and a very good temp drop and raise to signal to me that I'v OV'd. I have had an ultrasound on cd16 and there was positive results for an ovulation cyst and so forth.

A chemical pregnancy is when you actually do get the egg to implant but it is not healthy for some reason (or doesn't fully implant) and you have a painful late period following that. I had a positive IC on 12dpo, then on 13dpo then by 14dpo it was negative. I also experienced many distinctive pregnancy symptoms during the last part of the 2ww. I have yet to experience those same symptoms again since. I got a very painful AF at 18dpo. That is my experience of a chemical pregnancy.

Dinky, you're not alone. I think my pain tolerance is very high and I couldn't bare that shoulder pain the day after my surgery. I just ached and cried.

I have insisted that I wouldn't get another Lap but I truely would if I needed to and if I knew I could get pregnant afterward. I wasn't in the mindset at the time after my surgery because of the shock that I had stage 3 endo, and it was closer to the stage 4 diagnosis. I hate my dr. and she was very negative about TTC and wanted to put me on Lupron after surgery. Why on earth would I want to go on a medication that inhibited my body from ovulating and having a period if I'm trying to get pregnant??! I wasn't encouraged to jump back into TTC immediately because of the risk of complications (my dr. is so negative) and so forth. We didn't stop TTC during the time I was healing, but we weren't as active. It took me a good month to feel 'normal'.

Oh, and I must add-I'm a bit of a naturalist and I had never had a surgery before my lap aside from my wisdom teeth extraction 7-8 years prior. The medication was a lot for my body to process I believe.

the lap was my 1st experiance of surgery too. when i was around 10 years old i got put to sleep to have a tooth removed because id had 2 out before and they hurt, they couldnt calm me down for the 3rd one and had to knock me out! i would encourage people who are suffering from infertility to have a lap done because they can diagnose and fix problems, like they did with me, all in one go! it can help either way, weither you have endo, cysts etc because even if your normal inside, atleast you'd know! and you could stop wondering what if theres something blocking the eggs way or anything like that. im glad i had mine done but i wouldnt jump at the chance of having it done again because to be honest it did hurt! buts its worth it in the end.

hope&faith, ive been trying almost 7 years but only been getting help for the last year. now ive had the lap i feel closer than ever to achieving my dream! x

It will be 7 years for me in August too..... :sad2:

Hey ladies.

Right well doc has booked me in for a lap, thinks i have endo and poss a blocked tube?!? so altho i feel really down about it all im also happy that maybe it will get sorted out or helped. How long are you supposed to stop ttc after coz i really dont want to stop trying a just want a baby. Have either of you been pregnant before?

nope ive never been pregnant before, meli tia has had a chemical before but ive never managed to concieve. when i had my lap done i had quite abit of work done and the surgeon told me not to have sex or use tampons for 4 weeks! so i wont be trying this month but its ok because i know my body needs time to heal properly before being able to carry a baby for 9 months :) i dont know why i have to wait that long though, maybe i have stitches internally but i also heard the nurses tell the woman next to me at hospital who also had a lap done not to have sex or use tampons for 4 weeks. i suppose they know more about this than i do so ill do as the doc says but im really looking forward to trying next month. ive got my clomid to take and im finally starting to feel positive about all this and i know positive thinking helps too! do you know when your lap will be? because when they told me id be having mine i didnt get a date until a few weeks later and even then the date was 8 weeks away from the day i got the letter. its flown though!

:dust:

Doc said it would be within 3 months ... so i dont know whether im 'trying' up until then just going to relax and hope it will all happen easier after the lap. I had a misscarrige and they ended up having to 'suction' tmi i know - and after that i wasnt allowed sex / tampons anything for 6 weeks incase of infection! that was horrible ... no sex for 6 weeks me and oh were so relived when it was over!

I attribute my chemical to PreSeed. I have never seen 2 lines on a pregnancy test before that time-January of this year.

I just said it, but my Dr. wanted me to go on Lupron immediately after surgery for 3 months. So that meant no TTC for 3 months. I hate my Dr.................. I was told after the fact (I didn't go on the Lupron and was just relaxed in TTC) that the first 3 months after surgery you're the most likely to fall pregnant. GRR! I was told not to have sex for 4 weeks following surgery. And to stop using tampons alltogether...henceforth.

Tampons are not good for ladies with Endo. They can cause 'backflow' and that is one cause of endo.

ok thanks for the advice its so nice to be able to talk about it!

i know ive heard that info about tampons before, but i cant imagine not using them. i hate the sight of sanitary towels and cant stand the thought of having all that blood just sitting there getting all grose. they disgust me, there proper dirty things and im dredding my next period starting for that reason lol. i absolutely hate them!!!!!

ive used preseed a few times too and it hasnt helped me. i dont have a problem with dryness anyway but ive used it on a few cycles an now i have the preseed in a tube where you only take out the amount you need. but i have heard great sucess stories with it.

HELLO FELLOW ENDO SUFFERS!!! I HAVE ENDOMETROSIS STAGE 3 AND HAVE PAIN ALMOST EVERY DAY!! THE DRS. DON'T UNDERSTAND I AM TTC #2( I HAVE A WONDERFUL HEALTHY 31/2YR. OLD LITTLE GIRL THAT I CONCIEVED USING CLOMID)
THE DRS. HAVE TOLD ME AS SOON AS I GET DONE HAVING CHILDREN I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A HYSTOREMCTOMY (COMPLETE) THE ENDO HAS CAUSED ME TO RARELY OVULATE ON MY OWN IF EVER AND I GET HORRIBLE CYST THAT DON'T GO AWAY FOR 4-6 MONTHS OR HAVE TO HAVE SURGRY!! THE DR. REMOVED MY APPENDIX ON LAST SURGRY DUE TO THE ENDO BEING UP THAT FAR AND NOW THE HAVE DIAGNOSED ME WITH INTERCYSTIAL CYSTITIS WHICH I BELIEVE IS DUE TO THE ENDO! I HATE THIS DISEASE IT CAUSES ME TO HURT ALL THE TIME AND I HAVE TOOK SO MANY ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS THAT I HAVE ULCERS AND OTC TYLENOL DOESN'T HELP NOTHING AND THE DRS. ACT LIKE I AM A DRUG HEAD IF I ASK FOR ANYTHING STRONGER!
I STAY DEPRESSED DUE TO ALL THE HORRIBLENESS OF THIS CRAMP!!!
BUT MAYBE THIS WILL BE MY MONTH TO CONCIEVE AS I TOOK CLOMID AND DR. CONFIRMED 4 MATURE FOLLICLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU LADIES

https://The ticker URL: https://lb4f.lilypie.com/ptO5m5.png

Twolinesplease-My goodness you sound like you're suffering quite a bit hun :hugs:

I also have stage 3, but I have made drastic changes in my life so I could have less pain. I've had endo since I was 15-16 years old and I also can not take certain anti-inflamitory drugs.

All the best to you hun!! I hope the clomid works for you! :dance:

Hi,
I was diagnosed with endo in June, not sure how bad it is yey though, due to go back to see gynae in July to discuss options. I've been TTC for 2 years with no luck. Have awful periods which make me throw up the pain is so bad. I've got a cyst on one ovary which doesn't seem to be going away but apparently doesn't affect fertility, is this true?? Also my fallopians are clear which is good news. Not sure what will happen next but just hoping for BFP. Lots of you seem to have had miscarriages, is this common with endo? Should I be more worried if I do manage to conceive? Am glad of the support from anyone of you! Good luck to us all:hugs:

Hi lavender,

I dont know what stage my endo is at yet, awaiting a laporoscomy. Im only on my 8th cycle of trying so far. I have had an m/c 2 years ago, i dont know what caused it but im always concerned that when i get pregnant again it may cause further problems. My periods are terrible too, i also get pain during my cycle!

Lots of luck, hugs and hope.

I want to share a very insightful website that I found a couple of years ago. It has all sorts of helpful answers to questions like that Lavender. I really appreciated pouring over all the info...hope you ladies look it over too.
www.endo-resolved.com
HUGE :hug: to everyone!!!

Hi lavender i am new here to and i also get cyst that seem to never go away and my re said it can cause a problem with ovulation and fertility due to the hormones the cyst releases. Miscarriage is one problem that is linked to endo. But not all endo. Ladies suffer with them. I can't speak for anyone else but my miscarriages happened due to low progestrone due to an overly production of estrogen by a cyst. The low progestrone caused my uterine lining to be to thin for the embyro to attach fully so the marked it as a chemical both times. Idk i hope this little info helps and good luck

i dont know what stage ive got either, ive had a laparoscopy but they never said what stage it was. but i do know it was quite bad because they shown me a diagram of a reproductive system and they put x's where they found the endo. my diagram had lots of little x's! so ill ask about them next time i see my gyno. stage 3 is quite bad though isnt it?

ive also heard that cysts on ovaries can cause infertility because of the hormones they release.

Stage 3 is also called moderate to severe. Stage 4 (the last stage) is also called severe and usually they won't do multiple laps without suggesting complete removal. This is what my Doctor said. She also told me that if mine got to the point where she found it, again, that we would have to discuss drastic options. So, in my opinion, there are levels, but depending on the adhesions and the severity of them level 3 can be almost the same as 4...because I'm assuming 4 can be severe to unrepairable.

BUT don't forget...no matter what level we have, we can heal it with some simple changes. Surgery after surgery causes more scar tissue and that's not good for us either...especially TTC. I say lifestyle change is most important after surgery for follow up treatment.

Hello my endo buddies i have a question and hopefully some of ya can help. I have had endo for 12+ yrs. And i am a small framed person however my stomach stays huge in comparison!! Does anyone else have this as a symptom? I know what you eat and drink can have something to do with it along with reg. Or unreg. Bm's but the servere bloat comes around the same time as the endo pain (or at least the pain spells i get they say is caused by endo)
please share if anyone else has similar symptoms and is there anything you do to make it go down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->