Endometrial Receptivity Array (ERA)

PocoHR

Reaction score
Hey All,

So, we just have our second failed fresh IVF (fourth failed embryo transfer total), and I am starting get very discouraged :(

My doctor has recommended that I do a test called an Endometrial Receptivity Array by a company IVIGEN (or something like that). Its an experimental thing, where you do a mock cycle and then they biopsy your endometrial lining and test it to see how receptive it is. The theory is that some women need more/less time on progesterone in order to have a successful transfer, so they will try to pinpoint which day is best for me.

Has anyone else had this done, or had this recommended to them? Its tough because we will have to pay for it out of pocket. I'd love to hear other people's experience with this!

I have never heard of this. Found a post by someone else on another site, but she never updated her outcome. She had to do the test twice because the first test said she was non-receptive.
Good luck!

Thanks Dazed, I think its a very new thing, I've seen some people's experiences with it on other sites, and it looks like it has helped some people, but its really early to tell. I'm going to give a shot, anything that might help, you know? :)

Hey Poco, I did have an endo biopsy prior to my 3rd and successful IVF, but that was all part of the co-culture process that my clinic does. What they do is prior to IVF at the time of the month when your lining is thickest, they take a biopsy coupled with bloods and use that as the solution in which they join the egg and sperm together. It supposed to improve the embryo's quality since its implanted with the most natural solution.

I truly hope this works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->