Endometriosis & Laparoscopy

That's great to hear. I hope you get your BFP right away.

I had no shoulder pain luckily, but my incisions are sore. They did not find endometriosis, but the doctor said my ovaries had lots of cysts and were filled with fluid, o she drained them. I can't have sex for 2 weeks. She said she would talk about medication options at my follow-up.

That sounds promising for you! At least we can identify what our problems are now. I think that not knowing, is the worst. My incisions are a little sore now that the pain meds are wearing off. I have two on my left side and one in the belly button. Throat is a tiny bit sore too but I pictured it being so much worse. Did you have some bleeding? My period is due soon so I thought that was it but it stopped now. Major :dust::dust::dust: to both of us :thumbup:

Yes, I completely agree - I didn't know what was wrong with my body, and it was driving me insane! I knew there was something wrong, but no one could give me a straight answer. Some doctors told me there was nothing wrong at all. :wacko:

I've been bleeding since September, so yes, I did have bleeding yesterday. However, it's almost completely stopped today. I also have three incisions: one in my navel, one on the left, and one above my pubic area. Did they give you stitches or Steri-strips or glue to keep them shut? My throat is super sore, and sounds very scratchy when I talk.

I've been using ice packs to try and keep the swelling down on my belly. Perhaps that will help with your pain, too. Are you taking any pain medications at home?

Yes, I completely agree - I didn't know what was wrong with my body, and it was driving me insane! I knew there was something wrong, but no one could give me a straight answer. Some doctors told me there was nothing wrong at all. :wacko:

I've been bleeding since September, so yes, I did have bleeding yesterday. However, it's almost completely stopped today. I also have three incisions: one in my navel, one on the left, and one above my pubic area. Did they give you stitches or Steri-strips or glue to keep them shut? My throat is super sore, and sounds very scratchy when I talk.

I've been using ice packs to try and keep the swelling down on my belly. Perhaps that will help with your pain, too. Are you taking any pain medications at home?

I think they just used glue under my bandages, the nurse said I can take them off in the shower tomorrow. And I do sound like I smoked 3 packs of cigarettes today. They did give me percocet and I don't want to take them but I think I may have to tonight. I know this is TMI but I'm passing tiny clots so if its still happening tomorrow I might give them a call just to be safe.

No such thing as TMI in my book, hun. Definitely call if you are worried. They are there to help you. :hugs: They told me that I should call if I soak a pad an hour, or if the bleeding goes back to bright red. It's pink at the moment. Are your clots dark red?

I only took one Percocet today, but I might have to take another. The Motrin just isn't cutting it, especially when I walk, and I normally have a high tolerance for pain.

Just giving you a head's up, I tried to eat soup and drink Gatorade when I got home yesterday, and it tasted DISGUSTING. Food is only just now beginning to taste palpable again.

No such thing as TMI in my book, hun. Definitely call if you are worried. They are there to help you. :hugs: They told me that I should call if I soak a pad an hour, or if the bleeding goes back to bright red. It's pink at the moment. Are your clots dark red?

I only took one Percocet today, but I might have to take another. The Motrin just isn't cutting it, especially when I walk, and I normally have a high tolerance for pain.

Just giving you a head's up, I tried to eat soup and drink Gatorade when I got home yesterday, and it tasted DISGUSTING. Food is only just now beginning to taste palpable again.

The clots are reddish but the blood is pink. They had to give me meds for the nausea so I have been eating crackers..... which I can't taste yet but maybe tomorrow.....

Ohhhh, I tried to eat a cracker yesterday, but it was sooo disgusting and dried up every bit of saliva in my mouth. I almost choked, then cried because it hurt to cough. Lol.

Ohhhh, I tried to eat a cracker yesterday, but it was sooo disgusting and dried up every bit of saliva in my mouth. I almost choked, then cried because it hurt to cough. Lol.

haha I only think thats funny because when I first tried a cracker I thought I was going to choke because my mouth was so dry, I had a moment of panick :blush:

How are you feeling today?

I am feeling VERY sore and had to sleep sitting up in a chair last night because I guess all of the gas they used was trying to find a way out.... OUCH... How about you?

Aw, I'm sorry you're so sore. Did you try using ice packs? Are the pain meds helping? Are you still passing clots?

I'm feeling much better today, thanks. Can actually get up and move without pain. I'm passing clots today, though, but my mother (who is an outpatient surgical nurse) says it's normal. Also, the glue on one of the incisions came off today, so I hope that's a good thing!

Aw, I'm sorry you're so sore. Did you try using ice packs? Are the pain meds helping? Are you still passing clots?

I'm feeling much better today, thanks. Can actually get up and move without pain. I'm passing clots today, though, but my mother (who is an outpatient surgical nurse) says it's normal. Also, the glue on one of the incisions came off today, so I hope that's a good thing!

I actually saw a large clot when I got a shower this afternoon but most of the bleeding has stopped. I also took 2 of the bandages off and a lot of the soreness went away, not sure why. The third bandage I can't remove, the nurse said it is water soluble and will come off when its ready. Pain meds are helping. Thats very helpful that your mom is a surgical nurse! If your feeling good today then I bet I'll feel better tomorrow too.

I hope you feel better by tomorrow! I feel almost 100% again, just sore when I bend over and try to lift something.

How is your throat?

I hope you feel better by tomorrow! I feel almost 100% again, just sore when I bend over and try to lift something.

How is your throat?

My throat feels fine now and I think I am really starting to feel better although its hard to tell because I am having menstrual cramps now lol I guess it is that time. I'm glad your feeling so much better! How much time did you take off of work for this? If you don't mind me asking.

Don't mind at all! I actually have a weird work schedule... I work Friday through Monday. I scheduled the surgery on Tuesday because the doctor told me I'd need three days to recover fully. I told my boss that I was having the surgery, and she gave me Friday off (even though I didn't ask), but then they called me in to work tonight. So, technically, I've not taken any time off. ;)

How about you?

I'm terrified to work tonight, honestly... my job involves lifting heavy boxes and climbing ladders and stocking products on shelves, and I'm so scared that one of my incisions is going to pop open. My hubby says I'll be fine, and I'm probably just overreacting. I guess we'll see. :shrug:

Sorry for your almost-arrival of your period. :( Did your doctor give you any other special instructions - like pelvic rest or not lifting anything? I think you said you couldn't have intercourse for a week, if I remember correctly.

I actually don't go back to work until wed. My dr. told me just to take a full week off, I was really surprised but who am I to complain about a couple extra days off :winkwink: I mostly sit at my job so I'm not too worried about overdoing anything. That surgical glue is probably super strong but I keep thinking that too...... about something popping open lol I'm trying to figure out which day I am going to count as the first day of my period now.

Don't mind at all! I actually have a weird work schedule... I work Friday through Monday. I scheduled the surgery on Tuesday because the doctor told me I'd need three days to recover fully. I told my boss that I was having the surgery, and she gave me Friday off (even though I didn't ask), but then they called me in to work tonight. So, technically, I've not taken any time off. ;)

How about you?

I'm terrified to work tonight, honestly... my job involves lifting heavy boxes and climbing ladders and stocking products on shelves, and I'm so scared that one of my incisions is going to pop open. My hubby says I'll be fine, and I'm probably just overreacting. I guess we'll see. :shrug:

Sorry for your almost-arrival of your period. :( Did your doctor give you any other special instructions - like pelvic rest or not lifting anything? I think you said you couldn't have intercourse for a week, if I remember correctly.

I just realized you said that you have to lift heavy boxes and stuff.... I would try to avoid that tonight. They told me not to do a lot of lifting and your surgery was just a couple days ago. Maybe just be careful?

Eeeeeek, now I'm super nervous! The glue in my navel already came off, but the other two incisions still have glue... Maybe I will tell them that I can't lift or carry the boxes, but I can still unload. I've been doing light housework, like laundry and dishes, but nothing super heavy like the boxes at work. I guess we'll see how I feel. :shrug:

Did your doctor know that you are monitoring your cycles? Have you noticed a difference in your bleeding? The discharge instructions say that you can expect light bleeding, so maybe if yours is heavy, then maybe you could call that your period.

I actually had a different surgeon than I expected ( original dr. was sick). So he didn't know that I bbt chart. I am actually having menstrual cramps today and it looks like my temp is starting to drop so I will count today as cd1. I feel horrible that my Dr. was sick but it's just my luck it would happen for my surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->