Endometriosis & Laparoscopy

Oh, wow! Did the new doctor come and see you before operated, and how long before your surgery did you know that your original doctor wasn't going to do it?

New day, new cycle... I hope you get your BFP. :flower:

Oh, wow! Did the new doctor come and see you before operated, and how long before your surgery did you know that your original doctor wasn't going to do it?

New day, new cycle... I hope you get your BFP. :flower:

They called me 2 days before surgery to try and reschedule me, I told them there was no way I could reschedule due to using up vacation hours and my boss already promised my hours to someone else (that I know really needed them). So they actually asked one of the head surgeons if he could fit me in and he did. Thank goodness, otherwise I would have had to wait until July when my boss goes on vacation. And thank you..... all I want to see is 2 lines :) And you will get all sorted out. I'm sure its not the first time nor the last that dr.'s have seen whatever is happening with your ovaries. :hugs:

July definitely would've been way too long. I'm glad they were able to fit you in.

Thank you. I don't think PCO is that uncommon, honestly, so hopefully whatever medication she prescribes will make me ovulate right away. I'm just scared that it won't work.

July definitely would've been way too long. I'm glad they were able to fit you in.

Thank you. I don't think PCO is that uncommon, honestly, so hopefully whatever medication she prescribes will make me ovulate right away. I'm just scared that it won't work.

There does seem to be a lot of ladies that have that on here. I wish you the best, its normal to be scared. I am a little too, afraid that there could be other things wrong. But I think that after you have been down in the dumps for so long with this whole ttc business that it becomes very hard to let yourself have hope. And I think its only natural to think that way but I am going to try and let myself believe that I am going to get that bfp just like all these other ladies that have had bumps in the road.

It's great that you have such a positive attitude about it. I hope that your endometriosis was your bump in the road, and now that you're over it, you can move on to get your BFP.

I definitely worked too hard tonight. I tried telling them that I couldn't lift a lot of boxes, and tried to take it as easy as possible... but it just wasn't possible the whole night. I took a Percocet and will definitely be telling them that I can't do a lot tomorrow.

It's great that you have such a positive attitude about it. I hope that your endometriosis was your bump in the road, and now that you're over it, you can move on to get your BFP.

I definitely worked too hard tonight. I tried telling them that I couldn't lift a lot of boxes, and tried to take it as easy as possible... but it just wasn't possible the whole night. I took a Percocet and will definitely be telling them that I can't do a lot tomorrow.

oh no! I hope they go easy on you tonight. Too bad you couldn't just have one more day off? Good luck

I know, I was technically supposed to have last night off. :dohh: But we need the money...

How are you feeling today?

I honestly think I would be feeling almost back to normal if it wasn't for getting my period and now.... a sinus infection. Good times lol I hope you are continuing to feel better even with work setting you back a little. :flower:

That sucks! Are you going to get some antibiotics?

I am feeling okay today, thanks. :)

I think I will just keep using the netti pot..... I'm sick of antibiotics.

Understandable. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Hey girls!I am new here but not so new in the TTC road. A little bit about myself: My husband and I have been TTC for almost 3 years. Besides my husband`s low sperm count and motility, I most probably have endometriosis. A year ago I did HSG and it showed that my right tube is open, but my left one may not be open, or may be it was a spasm that I got during the procedure, because of the severe pain I was in. I made the doc to stop the procedure after 10min. In June I was scheduled for a laparoscopy. Ever since I got my first peroid I have been always in pain. My first two days are so bad that sometimes I end up in the ER. I also have some very strange pain when I get my period.Sorry for the TMI, but the first two days of my period I get this sharp, knife stubbing pain in my rectum. The pain is excrutiating and very scary. So in June I was supposed to have my Lap, but poor me got soooooo scared. Girls, I totally freacked out:oops:.I literally was in the operating room, when my doc. came and told me to go home, because she did not to operate on me anymore. I had a panic attack. So as a compromise she told me that if the reason for my surgery is not the pain, but getting pregnant we should try something less invasive such as IUI and then if we are still not pregnant to come back in few months and do the lap. So My husband and I had tried two cycles IUI and two Clomid. Well as you can guess neither one worked and here I am waiting for my lap on Monday the 17 of Dec. I am very scared. At the beginning I was very scared about being put under anestesia, not that I might not wake up, but that moment when you realize that somebody will cut you while you are sleeping. My new obsession is the pain after the procedure, more specifically my rectal pain from the gas injected in my belly. Girls I need your help. I need lap buddies. Oh yeah and one more thing- I think I will get my period either the day of my lap or a day before, so I still don't know if the doc will proceed with it. Still waiting for a phone call from the hospital. Sorry for the long intro. I truly wish BFP to all of you.

Hi sikis
First off........ Even though I am experiencing soreness, bleeding and lack of energy after my lap, I would go through it another 10 times before I ever had another HSG done. If you can get through that, then the lap is a walk in the park. I cannot describe the pain that I felt with my hsg, it was awful... but everything looked great. My anesthiologist told me that going under is safer than driving a car and I had a higher chance of winning that last big powerball lottery than I did of anything bad happening. I know its weird to think of people doing things to your body while you are under but they are ONLY there because they want to help you...... not hurt you. I was SO nervous before my lap about everything that could go wrong but guess what.....it was okay. And now I have answers. I was actually supposed to get the:witch: on the day of my surgery or day after. When I woke up after surgery and they made me try to go pee before I could leave, there was a lot of blood when I wiped.. tmi sorry. Could have been my period or from the procedure. Its common to have that from the irritation. I bled after my hsg also. I also get that knife like pain, maybe a couple times a year.... stops me in my tracks and I cannot breathe or move without the pain getting worse. Usually lasts about an hour for me. But I don't think it was from endo because my dr. told me he only found one little spot of endo/scar tissue on my bladder. Told me my uterus, tubes and ovaries were beautiful :happydance: More tmi, I do have a tendency towards anal fissures so I think that is what my pain is coming from. If you have questions ask away, it was nice having someone (fizzy) to go through the lap with so you don't feel so alone.

And to answer your question about the gas....... I did not sleep the night after the lap due to shoulder pain from the gas they use but it does dissapate after a couple of days. It is different for everyone but again..... NOTHING compared to the hsg.

Amelia8083 Thank you so much for your post. The HSG was really painful and I know I am sounding like a baby, but until I go to do the lap I wont know what it is like. Another thing is that I happend to have a phobia of knifes. But more than anything in the world I would love to have a baby. So I guess I should put myself together and get the lap done. I hope you feel better. How many days post opp are you? :hugs:

Amelia8083 Thank you so much for your post. The HSG was really painful and I know I am sounding like a baby, but until I go to do the lap I wont know what it is like. Another thing is that I happend to have a phobia of knifes. But more than anything in the world I would love to have a baby. So I guess I should put myself together and get the lap done. I hope you feel better. How many days post opp are you? :hugs:

I am 6 days post op today and I honestly feel almost normal again. I could sleep on my stomach and side without noticing the incisions. I don't know if this helps with your phobia but the incsions are extremely tiny...... like a big paper cut tiny lol And there is actually very little cutting because once they make that tiny incision they actually have to "push" the little instruments through your muscle and fat..... my Dr. told me thats how it works. Things just sort of get push out of the way. You do not sound like a baby. :winkwink:

Hey, yes, so sorry. I've been extremely busy at work that I haven't had the chance to come on and catch up.

I am feeling excellent, thank you. My incisions are almost fully closed, and my bruising has lessened. I am not sore anymore, although I will randomly get a little pain every now and then. I'm assuming it's my ovaries healing, or the muscle/fat still closing up, or something. :shrug:

I did feel awful that first couple days at work, though. I was afraid that I'd given myself a hernia! But I'm okay now.

How are you doing, Amelia?

Sikis, welcome. :wave: It is very normal for you to feel afraid, and I don't blame you. I was freaking out before the surgery. I was so scared that I was never going to wake up from the anesthesia, or that they were going to open me up and not find anything. I will reiterate what Amelia said, that it was so nice to have someone to talk to about all of it.

So, we are here for you. :hugs: Yes, it is a scary thing, and you have every right to feel that way. All I can say is that being scared won't change anything, and yes, it is painful afterwards, but not unbearable.

I've never had any other surgery before, so I cannot compare it to that, but I can say that I have felt worse pain. And, luckily, I never had any shoulder pain afterwards.

Hey ladies. Thank you so much for the support! I am very glad that both of you are feeling better. I just got back from the hospital for my pre-opp. They did blood work and asked me all the regular questions. This time I got chance to talk to an anesthesiologist. He assured me that everything will be ok with me during the procedure and I will be given drugs for the pain after. Also I found out that they are going to stitch me and not use glue. I wonder which is better- stitches or glue? Between us, I still hope that I get a BFP before the surgery, but if I heven't gotten pregnant for the last 3 years, the chances this to happen now are almost zero:cry:. So ladies, how is everyone doing today?
Fizzyfefe I am so sorry that you had to go back to work so soon. How are they treating you at work? I hope you work with compassionate people. My boss knows about the surgery, but she does not know how many days I am going to take to recover. She told me that her sister in-law had the same surgery and she was back to work on the next day:wacko:. Well I hope she doesn't expect me back to work on the same day hahhaha.
Amelia, I am very happy that you feel much better. Can you tell me what is the pain like? Are the incisions paintful, or is internal pain? I spoke with my brother in-law, who had laparotomy because of his appendix, and he had told me that he did feel internal pain, like cramps.
And one more thing ladis, when are you going back to BD?:happydance:
You can't imagine how happy I am to have your support!Baby dust to all of us.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->